PDA

View Full Version : 1250 pt Tourney Need Advice!

Terrokhan
16-04-2009, 01:13
List 1 Daemons
This list is magic heavy and is very deffensive. Blast the enemy as much as possible before they reach your units.

Herald of Tzeentch 200pts
Chariot of Tzeentch, Flames of Tzeentch.
(These guys are used to march block and flank/rear charge when the enemy gets close)

Herald of Tzeentch 225pts
Chariot of Tzeentch, Flames of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery (situational choice).

Herald of Nurgle 165pts
Staff of Nurgle.
(This guy sits in the unit of plaguebearers and blasts away with the staff of nurgle)

Core
10 Horrors 120pts
10 Horrors 120pts
15 Plaguebearers 210pts
FC

Rare
6 Flamers 210pts

Total: 1250

List 2 Warriors
This line up is extremely offensive, being all fast moving the aim is to close ranks as soon as possible.

Exalted Hero 184pts
Flail, Mark of Tzeentch, Armour of Morrslieb, Favour of the Gods.
Mounted on a Disc of Tzeentch.
(This guy will reach the enemy first with his disc. He has a 3+ armour save and a 3+ ward save [against non magical attacks, against magic its 6+] so I should be able to charge him recklessly into the enemy. In the first round he gets 4 S7 attacks at WS 7)

Chaos Sorcerer 110pts
Dispell Scroll.
(some much needed magic deffence)

Core
5 Marauder Horsmen 75pts
Spears, Light Armour.
5 Marauder Horsmen 75pts
Spears, Light Armour.
(meatshields and harrasors)
5 Warhounds 30pts
(meatshield obviously)

Special
5 Chaos Knights 255pts
Mark of Khorne, Lances.
(If all 5 get to charge they get a total of 15 S6 attacks, should be enough to win combat and break...if not completely destroy)

5 Chaos Knights 255pts
Mark of Khorne, Lances.

Rare
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth 265pts
(this guy im hoping will draw alot of firepower, he is also fast moving with a movment of 7 he will be keeping up with the knights and hounds)

Total: 1249pts

So what do you guys think? I have this 1250pt tourney coming up and im not sure what list to go with? If you have any advice of which one would be the better in most situations please let me know. Also if you have any tweaks to the lists help me better my chances of winning! Thanks for reading.
-Terrokhan

Terrokhan
16-04-2009, 09:46
Anybody?/Bump

Terrokhan
17-04-2009, 02:37
Im pretty sure the WoC list would crush the DoC list even thought there are 2 flying chariots. I think the Knights and Shaggoth would just smash through the units.

Oguleth
17-04-2009, 12:48
Well, the first thing I think about when seeing the WoC list is - how do you plan to deal with Wraiths? If it's a pretty competitive setting I would guess someone at least would try to bring out units of those, and with your lack of real CR to deal with them, knights having lances and not ensorcelled weapons and the like, it looks like trouble.

Same thing applies dealing with forest spirits and the like aswell.

I think I'd take the daemons list as my guts tell me it can deal with more varied stuff, with the WoC list you need to get the right kinda opposition.