PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder houserule...

Jorgen_CAB
16-04-2009, 08:58
I was thinking of adding in a small house rule to make the Pathfinder skill somewhat more useful. The reason are that most of the time my ranger units doesn't seem to ever use this skill because every time they enter terrain that they could use it on it is defensible terrain and the skill has no effect at all.

I thought to add the following...

whenever a pathfinder unit is defending terrain which they are skilled to use they get +1 extra defense. Likewise when they assault other units in such terrain they get their normal charge bonus (infantry and non flying monsters only).

Would it be proper to pay 5 more points for this (per company), or is it too week for five point... should it cost more or nothing at all?

I would liked to have this in the rules and was surprised that pathfinder units did not get any benefit from defending or assaulting their preferred terrain.

takaetun
16-04-2009, 10:54
Mmm... Defence 8 Rivendell Guard... Defence 9 Moria Expeditionaries... Tasty. Broken, but tasty.

Nice idea, except for the aforementioned Defence issues, and Galadhrim knights. You really think it works for Knights to charge up a rock slide and get full bonuses?

As an alternative, maybe just +1A per company for charging into or out of the feature.

Jorgen_CAB
16-04-2009, 11:32
Maybe not add to defense but give the formation +1 fight value in the terrain, either defending it or assaulting it would be more appropriate. I did not mean for cavalry to gain these bonuses, just infantry and non flying monsters.