PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2250, featuring Kholek

Nakat
16-04-2009, 13:40
This is a list I am bringing to an upcoming RTT this sunday, and thought I'd see what people thought about it.

Lords and Heroes

- Kholek Suneater
- Sorcerer of Tzeentch, Level 2, Book of Secrets, Dispel Scroll, Disc
- Sorcerer of Fire, Level 1, Dispel Scroll x2

Core

- Marauder Horsemen x5, Flails, Throwing Axes, Mark of Slaanesh
- Marauder Horsemen x5, Spears, Throwing Axes, Mark of Slaanesh

Special

-Knights of Chaos x5, Champion, Mark of Khorne
-Knights of Chaos x5, Champion, Mark of Khorne
-Chaos Ogres x3, Great Weapons, Chaos Armour, Mark of Khorne
-Chaos Ogres x3, Great Weapons, Chaos Armour, Mark of Khorne

Rare

-Chaos Spawn

So that's the list. Haven't gotten as much testing as I would like, but what I have done has felt very solid and effective. Planning to have the Ogres go up the middle of the board, as there's fairly little that they can't handle there.

The Knights are deployed behind Horsemen, who advance infront of them and try and draw out charges from the enemy to flee from, while pelting them with axes. The other two units of Horsemen are going to hunt my flanks and make warmachines have to decide what to do. All I can say is throwing axes have been fantastic so far. All of the horsemen are there to make flank charges simultaneously with the Knights and Ogres, mostly to negate rank against annoying armies like vamps who never flee, but they tend to pack a little punch of their own.

Kholek will get in combat usually the turn of or turn after the knights, but his early game duty is all about taking out lone targets with lightning. It's been great so far in that regard, and Str 6 is nothing to scoff at, even if you are a big nasty.

The Spawn is points I had, honestly, but he tends to pull his own and tie up enemy light cavalry, and occasionally provide a bit of charge support when the opponent doesn't expect it.

Well, that's the list, have at it, gents! All criticism welcome, as long as it's polite and constructive. ;)

Nakat
16-04-2009, 17:33
Bu-dum-bum-buuuuuuummmmmp!!!!!

Kalec
16-04-2009, 20:42
Champions. On knights? WHY?
Drop the champs, give the knights musicians instead.

Use Dragon Ogres over Chaos Ogres. M7 is a godsend, not worrying about frenzy helps too, and S7 gives you something to smash chariots besides Kholek.

Nakat
17-04-2009, 18:31
I'm not opposed to the dragon ogres, but I don't have models for them at this time, nor that (large) amount of money to invest in models that I don't really like for style.

I hear what you are saying though. I've played a couple of games, and being as they are, I tend to run the ogres right up the middle of the board, side by side, leaving one a couple of inches behind the other, so the opponent knows a counter charge is coming one way or the other.

So far I have two massacres with this army under my belt: Vampire Counts and Daemons of Slaanesh.

Oh, and as to the champions on the knights, I find that they handle challenges very nicely. Case and point against the Slaanesh Daemonette Heralds I faced last night. They ignored armour, but by basically sacrificing a Knight champion to them the first round, I got to dish out an extra 9 or 10 wounds on the squad easily, and won combat, buying another round of frenzied knights in the process.

May I turn the question around in this case and ask why Muscians for Knights??