PDA

View Full Version : My next army

Zabuza
18-12-2005, 03:41
I've decided that I'm gonna give fantasy another go. But maybe not with my current army(Lizardmen).
So what I'm looking for are people's opinions of fun armies to play. I like armies with alot of character and conversion potential. Any thoughts?

-Zabuza

Trunks
18-12-2005, 04:18
Chaos has alot of character and conversion potential. There are many, many ways to construct an army so you really can't get bored since there is so much to choose from.

Orcs and Goblins have alot of character as well. The conversion potential isn't quite as high as chaos in my opinion, but you could still have good opportunities to convert.

Dogs of War have massive conversion potential since many of their units have no "official models". Their character is whatever you want to make of it (they are mercenaries, go from there).

gorenut
18-12-2005, 06:03
Vampire Counts has possibly the most versatility when it comes to conversions. I think they are only beat by Chaos Daemonic Legion when it comes to conversions..

zak
18-12-2005, 12:35
Go for Orcs. Possibly the most unpredictable and fun army in the system. You have lots of choice of troops and possible conversions.

patataman
18-12-2005, 12:49
if you want fun the orc are you boiz

Bingo the Fun Monkey
18-12-2005, 18:44
OGs are lots of fun but our book will be updated in the not too distant future. Still, that shouldn't stop you from playing now either. OGs are easily the best army out there because they require a measure of skill and cunning to play and every victory feels greater than a victory w/ any other army. The reason is simple: you really don't know how you actually won with all those animosity tests, rubber spear/tusk syndrome, misfiring lobbas, fanatics plowing through your own black orcs, etc. That your battle plan actually pulled through is a miracle and miracles is how things ought to be. Can you dig it!?!? </Cyrus> sorry...

Crazy Harborc
19-12-2005, 00:56
Orcs have loads of plastic minies. They are cheaper/$$$$ than metal ones. Orcs are random and can go strange with a die roll.:D

You do have to play "always" on the attack. Orcs are a HtH army that dies a little to easily if standing around not advancing to the max each turn.

Cpt. Drill
19-12-2005, 09:53
I think chaos you can do literelly anything you like with the army! also you can make it as big or as small as you like!

Keller
19-12-2005, 12:58
I find most any armies have loads of conversion potential, as long as you find something you like. I had loads of fun creating a militia army for my Empire; 150+ models converted from the militia plastics to carry all sorts of equipment and have different poses. I can safely say that no two models are the same. With the Cult of Ulric and Middenland lists, you can have a real reason to convert Empire too.

Undead armies offer great potential for conversions, especially the gothic VC. I also have a VC army, and while I haven't really done that many conversions with them, I had a blast with my zombie regiments. Should I ever get around to the army again, reviving it from the storage box, I will be attempting more conversions now that I am more experienced at modeling and painting. The new(ish) Sylvanian army list has really made me want to do some conversions for the army.

Orcs, like Empire, can be done largely with plastics. You can convert units to represent elites, saving money from metal models. Dwarves look to be much the same, though I am still waiting to see them first hand.

Just think of an army you like, and consider what you can do with it. There's always something you can do, even if it is just to make the models unique, such as adding horned helmets to the army.