PDA

View Full Version : Orcs go to Mayday 2009

Malorian
16-04-2009, 16:33
Krazyface was on the move again... and once again he didn't care who he fought.

Last time him and his boyz did ok, but this time the savage orc warboss was determined to show everyone that da Orcs is da best!!!

Well the orcs are going to another tournament and this time it's the locally run Mayday tournament on May 2nd.

This isn't a crazy huge tournament like Fracas, only 16 players at this one and four games, but it should still be a lot of fun and being that I won it last year it would be nice to start a streak ;)

This will be my list:

(Krazyface) Savage orc warboss w/ great axe, armor of gork, amulet of protectyness, battle brew
(Bigrokk) Black orc bigboss BSB w/ spirit totem, heavy armor, boar
(Lil' Smashem) Goblin shaman w/ 2 scrolls, wolf chariot
(Welpsly) Night goblin shaman w/ staff of sneaky stealing

24 savage orcs w/ spears, banner, musician
25 boyz w/ shield, banner, musician
25 boyz w/ shield, banner, musician
25 boyz w/ shield, banner
25 boyz w/ shield, banner
5 wolf riders w/ bows, spears, musician
5 wolf riders w/ bows, spears, musician
28 night goblins w/ nets, banner, musician

Orc chariot
Orc chariot
2 spear chukkas
2 spear chukkas

Doom diver
Troll

Total: 2250

Mayday is more of a display of gaming for the community where many different games are shown with things like flames of war all the way to some cowboy game (looked kinda cool). Last year the competition wasn't fierce (although everyone was a vet) but this year I know Blackjack is going with his lizardmen and even worse I hear Murph (who won Fracas) is on a mission to destroy everyone.

I guess he is upset with the comp score system and is out to bring the nastiest, dirtiest, most evil deamon list he can come up with... :eek:

So anyway, in the mean time go ahead and bet how many games I'm going to win, and then once it comes around I'll post up the reports. My aim is to win more than I lose (with a faint hope I'll beat Murph and take the title).

(I'll do my best to take pictures :p )

GuyLeCheval
16-04-2009, 16:35
You'll win 3 games and lose 1 in a extremely lame game in which you couldn't stop failing aminosty, miscast, rolling one's etc.

You'll get one massacre of the three wins and two solid wins. :D

PopeAlexanderVI
16-04-2009, 17:22
It sounds like it's comped, so you won't do terribly.

It really depends on how heavily comped it is and whether that effects the choices people make when building their lists.

Malorian
16-04-2009, 17:27
All it is is that after the game when each player is filling out the sheet they fill in the given stuff like who won, how well the army is painted, and then there is also army comp and sportsmenship.

I guess Murph either hates this (as it really took away from his score at Fracas) or he wants something more solid (no special characters, blah blah...). Not really sure which it is... all I know (and is important) is that he's aiming to massacre everyone.

selone
16-04-2009, 22:51
Voted for 2 wins.

Malorian
16-04-2009, 23:02
Ok, it turns out I'm going to have the cheat...

Mayday is only a three game tournament... soooo what I'm going to do is just play another game (outside of the tournament during lunch or something) and then I'm still good for the four game poll.

Briohmar
17-04-2009, 07:54
I'm still betting you'll take two games. Sorry, but I just don't have a lot of faith in Greenskins. I enjoy playing them and against them, but I rarely have anything go remotely right with them.

DasKhorne
17-04-2009, 08:03
You will win half, draw and lose the rest:eyebrows:

I am a prophet of doom:eek::eek:

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
17-04-2009, 08:42
On the tourny you will win 2 games and lose 1 and the game between you'll lose because your opponent will give you lots of beer:p

Greetz
G

Malorian
17-04-2009, 13:15
Well at least no one thinks I'm going to get crushed ;)

Shimmergloom
17-04-2009, 16:06
Why are you giving the battle brew to a savage orc character?

He's already frenzied, so basically you are paying 15pts for a chance at hatred, but a 33% chance at stupidity instead?

If it's not too late, I would recommend, akkrit axe, boss'at, enchanted shield and kickin' boots. With lt. armor You'll have 6 re-rollable attacks with your savage at S6 in round 1, S5 later. A 4+ armor save and 5+ ward.

The amulet is not dependable and the battle brew is really not dependable. You need your general to be dependable in a tournament.

Malorian
17-04-2009, 16:13
Getting hatred 2/3rds of the time is great. It might not be completely reliable but then with orcs what is? :p

The other issue is that I need some punch. 6 rerollable attacks is nice against the horde but against the real nasties it isn't going to do much. Str 7 (all the time) will help that problem and is also the magical number for chariots.

With basically T7 in the night goblin unit he is a hard nut to crack, and the things that can usually crack it have high armor and ward saves, so I'm covered both ways :) And why pay 30 points for a 5+ ward when I already come with a 6+? Just doesn't seem the points for the little improvement.

At this point however it doesn't matter as my list is locked in and can't be changed.

Edit: This is the website for the tournament if anyone is interested: http://web.me.com/cablackmore4/MayDaySite/Welcome.html

blackjack
17-04-2009, 16:39
I think morko is likely to get 2 or 3 wins. If you do too well you will run into Murph, I also think my Lizards stand a pretty good chance against your list. Also GMC is comming and his empire army is going to be loaded this time.

Malorian
17-04-2009, 16:44
Really? I thought he couldn't make it?

My woodelves got some nice luck against him last year (hail of doom wipes out pistoliers which panics a unit knights and joined character off the board) so he'll probably be gunning for revenge ;)

Shimmergloom
17-04-2009, 17:14
akkrit axe gives you a better version of hatred 100% of the time(without being forced to pursue, but you have frenzy anyway, so hatred is less of a liability in your case). But the axe will let you re-roll those attacks forever and not just for turn 1 of a combat.

As for S7, you're on foot. Chariots will dictate to you whether you get to use it or not. But if you are S6 and 6 re-rollable attacks you should be breaking the chariot anyway.

Either way when you are on foot, you need to be thinking about how you will do against rank and file models, not chariots.

And 6 always re-rollable attacks are better than 5 attacks that are re-rollable 67% of the time.

Another way to look at it is that you already have a 17% chance the unit will fail animosity with the worst result. With the battle brew you are adding a 33% chance that you will also be stupid. So if you do roll for stupidity, then you have to test for stupidity which is a 17% chance at failing with LD9, then if you pass you still have the animosity test.

I want to add that your 6+ ward is null and void once you take the amulet of protectyness anyway(as is the lt armor part of the armor of gork). So you are paying 25pts to lose the 6+ ward and get whatever save the enemy has. And anything that is strong enough to pound through the T6 character you are sporting is going to punch through alot of armor anyway, so the save that's left over from your enemy won't be much to write home about.

Malorian
17-04-2009, 17:29
Lets put it this way:

Krazyface (Savage orc warboss w/ great axe, armor of gork, amulet of protectyness, battle brew)

vs

Shimmergloom (Savage orc warboss w/ akkrit axe, boss'at, enchanted shield, light armor, and kickin' boots)

Assuming no reroll:

Shimmergloom has 6 attacks, 4.5 hit, 2.3 wound, no armor save, 1.5 gets past ward.

Krazy face has 5 attacks, 2.5 hit, 2.1 wound, no armor save, 1.4 wounds not warded.

Next round Krazyface is the same but Shimmergloom (now at Str 5) ends up causing 0.8 wounds.

Third round Shimmergloom goes first and kills Krazyface.

Assuming with hatred:

All the above is true except Krazyface does 2.1 wounds on the first round, and kills Shimmergloom in the second round.

So 1/3 of the time Shimmergloom wins (with 0.2 wounds left) and 2/3 of the time Krazyface wins (with 0.7 wounds left). I think he's fine :)

Another fun comparision would be against a chaos lord with the runeshield ;)

Shimmergloom
17-04-2009, 18:14
Well I would never accept the challenge with my general anyway, I'd accept with the boss so that I could use my general to kill off the regular savages.

6 S6(S5) attacks will do more damage in the long term to the unit than 5 S7 attacks, re-rollable in round 1 or not.

If the fight goes into round 2, I'd already be up on numbers cause I would have been killing rank and files while you were busy killing a savage boss.

Doing an accurate analysis basically depends on who gets the charge, cause even a savage boss at S5 in round 1, can wound your general on 5's or 6's(assuming you put your guy in savages instead of night goblins, if the latter it's 6's most of the time).

I would never stick my warlord into a weedy unit of goblins anyway unless I had no choice(my orcs were being decimated and he had to move to another unit).

Anyway combat against two infantry units comes down to what result ensures you take the least casualties possible, while inflicting the most casualties possible.

In our scenario, sacrificing a savage boss, while your general can use his attacks on the unit instead of being stuck in a challenge is the better scenario.

When it comes to fighting chariots, you should win the fight anyway with S6 and static CR.

When it comes to fighting the new style monsters, they are all coming nowadays with regen, wards and stubborn to go along with their scaly skin saves and T6.

The only thing S7 is really getting you over S6 is a better chance to wound. However if you are not actually hitting the monster, then you have less dice to roll for wounds, so it works out more evenly.

Neither the great axe, nor the akkrit axe is going to do anything to help get past regen or wards, but both should cut through the 4+ scaly skin saves you see out there.

Against most of these monsters(eotg, hydras, vangulfs, steam tanks) you are looking at a long term fighting scenario, not a quick win, so having re-rollable attacks during every round is better for you in those terms, rather than getting it just for 1 round.

The 5+ ward is better vs those monsters as well, since you don't get the regen with the amulet. So vs a hydra for instance, you get only get a 6+ scaly skin save if you are wounded by the S5 hydra and are wearing the amulet. While with enchanted shield and boss'at + lt armor, you get a 6+ armor save and 5+ ward if wounded by a hyrda.

And if you think you don't need to plan for protracted combats, realize that all the new armies are coming out with near infinite unbreakable, stubborn or super armored troops, where protracted combats are a given, since an orc or goblin rank and file trooper has increasingly smaller chances nowadays of actually wounding anything in combat.

blackjack
17-04-2009, 18:24
So what's the math hammer for Krazy Face vs Shimmergloom against say Temple Guard?

T4 2+ armor save, virtually unbreakable with a slann. You want to kill as close to 5 a turn to keep them from killing regular orcs and winning combat.

Malorian
17-04-2009, 18:41
Shimmergloom, why would I issue a challenge if there's a unit champ? Give me a little credit ;)

"I would never stick my warlord into a weedy unit of goblins anyway unless I had no choice(my orcs were being decimated and he had to move to another unit)."

Night goblins with nets basically have the same toughness and armor saves as shield orcs. They wil be hit on 3s by WS3 opponents but I think that's well worth the extra protection for my lord. I will move him to orcs though if the situation warrents it.

I'm not going to get into the math-hammer for each kind of monster although I would probably start with the stank ;)

Blackjack:

Shimmergloom kills 2.5 on the first turn and 1.5 otherwise.

Krazyface kills 2.6 with reroll on the first turn and 1.7 otherwise.

So Krazyface would kill more temple guard but I have to admit he also has the disadvantage of striking last (except for the charge).

And in either setup the orc unit is going to most likely lose combat if the temple guard are at full strength.

Shimmergloom
17-04-2009, 20:03
Your numbers are completely dependent on several random factors.

You have to depend on rolling a 3+ to start the game for the brew. You have to depend on rolling a 2+ each turn for the nets(the nets don't help those night gobbos against shooting or magic) and you have to depend on the amulet to be facing something that will give you a decent save as you have no save of your own, cause the amulet takes that away.

So your set up takes a random army to begin with and piles up more random factors on top of it.

You're talking about a .1 extra kill ratio with your set up if things go your way.

But the akkrit axe + boss 'at gives you a 100% chance of always getting to re-roll with +1S for one turn for 55pts.

While your set up of great axe + brew + amulet costs 46pts for a 67% chance of getting hatred, but only getting to re-roll for one turn and having to strike last in further rounds of combat.

9pts to be assured of always re-rolling missed hits and a 5+ ward.

As for the T6 or T7, if you put him in a netter unit and they don't drop the nets on themselves, then you'll have an effective T6 without the armor. That seems to be more than enough to help you. Really anything that can hurt a T5 character who is -1S to wound will hurt a T6 character who is -1S to wound. At that level it's only war machines and S7+ characters who you have to worry about.

As for losing combat against something like temple guard. Well that's kind of the point. You might lose or even if you win they are stubborn. So you need to see what kind of damage you are going to do in later rounds.

Lose combat against temple guard and you lose frenzy and 1 attack, so you have 4 S7 attacks in round 2. While with the akkrit axe/kickin' boots you lose and you still have 5 S5 attacks that are re-rollable.

The difference may not seem like much in pure math terms, but the axe will always be there to help you when you flub those to hit rolls, which is something you can't account for.

I can't tell you the amount of times needing 3's to hit, I flubbed rolls and only got 2 hits. But the axe bailed me out letting me get more hits from the re-roll.

Malorian
17-04-2009, 20:09
And I can't tell you how many times that cheap great axe with the 2/3 reroll helped me againt steam tanks, greater deamons, monsters, chariots (yes they do still charge you sometimes), and other lords.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree here, and either way the list is locked and isn't changing anyway.

Shimmergloom
17-04-2009, 20:21
it's not cheap though. It's 21pts for it with the brew. Cause that's what's getting you the effects of the akkrit axe. You are only saving 4pts. For those 4pts of savings you gain strength, but you lose magical attacks, have to strike last in further rounds of combat and only have hatred 67% of the time and even when you do, lose the re-rolls in further rounds of combat.

I don't think you can claim it's cheap. Cause that great axe is not living in a vacuum of 6pts. It's dependentent on the 15pt brew, that doesn't always work.

I know you are locked in with your army list. But I still think we can debate this for further games. Cause there are likely others out there who wonder how to set up their warboss.

selone
17-04-2009, 20:35
But I still think we can debate this for further games. Cause there are likely others out there who wonder how to set up their warboss.

Indeed there are ;)

Malorian
17-04-2009, 20:45
Would it help to say that my main opponent in Fort McMurray is an Empire player who loves his steam tank?

Or that my second my common opponent is a TK player who loves his chariots?

Offensive wise my warboss very rarely fails me. His only problem is his defense. Now he has his killer combat abilities and can take a hit as well.

You make a very good point about the magical attacks though. In my original list I had a bigboss with a magic weapon to take on wraiths, then I took him out for the shaman and gave the warboss a magic weapon. Then I dropped it... so other than static CR I don't have anything for wraiths, and that is a serious problem. Although with the deamon threat they are seen much less than before.

WarlockOMork
17-04-2009, 21:11
considering i like your list, (except i would've put the secondary goblin shaman also on a chariot)

your gonna do quite nice,
im voting for 3 wins. wel unless you get really unlucky, wich ofc is always possible.
then your only getting two or so.

but im rooting for you not having rotten luck. so :)

Go Mal. /krazyface.

(and dont forget to aim the chukka's at the Steam tank ^^)

MURPH
20-04-2009, 01:14
Good luck Mal,

I unfortunately won't be around for the next 2 tournies, as I said in Blackjack's thread real life is thrashing my time as well as my bank account. This is all to lure you both into a false sense of security before Onslaught.

Have fun,

Remember, winning isn't everything. Its the only thing.

MURPH

Malorian
20-04-2009, 04:53
Hurray! 1 super nasty deamon army down!!! :D

Lord Ironbeard
20-04-2009, 22:38
I will be going to Maydays. Any army that is a cheesefest is going to get a zero for sportsmanship from me. That being said pretty much any O&G list isn't too bad in todays games.

Malorian
20-04-2009, 23:28
I will be going to Maydays. Any army that is a cheesefest is going to get a zero for sportsmanship from me. That being said pretty much any O&G list isn't too bad in todays games.

Who are you? Do you go to the warroom?

Shimmergloom
20-04-2009, 23:46
Sportsmanship should have nothing to do with army composition.

Malorian
21-04-2009, 02:05
Sportsmanship should have nothing to do with army composition.

And it doesn't. They are completely different scores and neither go towards best general.

Although both go towards best over all and each have their own award as well.

Malorian
28-04-2009, 14:58
Well it's getting close and getting scary... The tournament is this weekend and the baby still hasn't come...

If the baby does pop out this weekend and I can't go to the tournament I'll just post my next 4 battles.

sephiroth87
28-04-2009, 16:13
A win, a draw, and a loss is my prediction. You're a good enough player to pull two wins, but if you have to face something on the level of daemons, you're usually playing for a draw anyway.

I dunno, maybe two wins and a draw. I hope you get that one over my first prediction.

Good luck!

selone
28-04-2009, 23:17
Well it's getting close and getting scary... The tournament is this weekend and the baby still hasn't come...

If the baby does pop out this weekend and I can't go to the tournament I'll just post my next 4 battles.

Either way you'll have a weekend to remember :)

warlord hack'a
29-04-2009, 21:12
good luck, have fun and if you take a svg orc warlord next time consider giving him the screaming sword, if you love high strength hits that is.. Should not be too hard to get into range of at least 2 characters in most battles..

Dungeon_Lawyer
01-05-2009, 15:50
akkrit axe gives you a better version of hatred 100% of the time(without being forced to pursue, but you have frenzy anyway, so hatred is less of a liability in your case). But the axe will let you re-roll those attacks forever and not just for turn 1 of a combat.

As for S7, you're on foot. Chariots will dictate to you whether you get to use it or not. But if you are S6 and 6 re-rollable attacks you should be breaking the chariot anyway.

Either way when you are on foot, you need to be thinking about how you will do against rank and file models, not chariots.

And 6 always re-rollable attacks are better than 5 attacks that are re-rollable 67% of the time.

Another way to look at it is that you already have a 17% chance the unit will fail animosity with the worst result. With the battle brew you are adding a 33% chance that you will also be stupid. So if you do roll for stupidity, then you have to test for stupidity which is a 17% chance at failing with LD9, then if you pass you still have the animosity test.

I want to add that your 6+ ward is null and void once you take the amulet of protectyness anyway(as is the lt armor part of the armor of gork). So you are paying 25pts to lose the 6+ ward and get whatever save the enemy has. And anything that is strong enough to pound through the T6 character you are sporting is going to punch through alot of armor anyway, so the save that's left over from your enemy won't be much to write home about.
Well thought out treatise shimmer, very cogent. I had the same reservations about the battle brew too when I first saw the list and voted/

While I like the battle brew in fun games --in a tourney? -No way. The risk/reward ratio given the sav. orc character it has been given to is not enough to convince me that it was a good move to take. I have a feeling the brew is going to cost you.

Malorian
01-05-2009, 16:15
I'm more worried about the lack of magic weapon... starting to regret not staying with my Waaagh! cleava build...

Malorian
03-05-2009, 20:26
Ok so Mayday has come and went andI have to say both me and Blackjack had a blast.

I'm not going to give a full report on each one, but rather a summary hitting all the highlightss.

Game 1:

The mission was traitor, so we were trying to keep a traitor model out of our deployment zone while trying to get theirs into theirs.

My opponent was dark elves with a list something like:

Lvl 4 mage on dragon w/ extra PD staff and pendant
Lvl 2 mage w/ dagger
BSB on cold one

25 Spearmen w/ FC
5 dark riders w/ crossbows
5 dark riders w/ crossbows

5 cold ones w/ FC, Magic resistance, hydra banner
5 cold ones w/ FC, book of hotek, extra CR banner

Hydra
2 repeater bolt throwers

Pre-game thoughts: Looked like an easy game. Just spear chukka the hydra once to not have to worry about the breath weapon and then blst the dragon. Doom diver the knights and basically swarm him.

What actualy happened: It was a mix of bad luck and 1 dumb mistake. First turn he moved up some dark riders and made them 2 wide, which I thought was due to the constricting terrain, and moved the dragon behind some trees. Well I throw everything at the hydra but he makes every regen, and the doom diver can't fire due to a chill wind. Then on his following turn I realize that those dark riders were set up to charge the doom diver which lost me it and then they overran into a spear chukka... I alo now had a dragon in my rear... But it was ok, I was set up to counter the cold ones and got both in the flank after some baits and redirects... well he passed both break tests and counters... I fail my break tests and everything falls apart... (the hydra never does fail a regen)

I should be noted that this was even with his hero mage killing himself due to two miscasts and the lord losing a magic level...

Result: Mssacre loss. Very disappointing and certainly not a good way to start the tournament. At least I know part of it was a simply mistake that I would remember in the future, and you can't d much when the dice are against you. (Battle brew gave stupidity by the way...)

Game 2:

The mission was one were one unit started further up (meh...)

Well my opponent was suppose to be another orc player with a wyvern and a bunch of silly stuff like big unit of boar boys and savage boar boys with almost no blocks... but he showed up half an hour late so I fought a vamp player instead:

Lvl 4 vamp lord w/ dread knight, raise ghouls, blood drink (not sure what else)
BSB vamp w/ dread knight, raise ghouls, regen banner.
Lvl 2 vamp w/ 2+ armor and raise ghouls
Lvl 1 vamp on hellsteed w/ raise ghouls, helm of commandment

15 ghouls (BSB and lord here)
15 ghouls
20 zombies
Corpse cart w/ load stone

4 fell bats
3 spirit hosts

Varg
Black coach

Pre-game thoughts: Well I had played this guy before and knew he wasn't a power gamer (although he did have a WoC lord on a dragon) but the list could be dangerous, especially with that ghoul deathstar. The plan was to blast the black coach with spear chukkas, tear apart his front units with savage orcs (he was grouped together with the deathstar behind the other ghouls) and then swam him. He had picked the spirit host to be further up and I hoped a block with the extra CR from the BSB would beat them.

What actually happened: With all that magic in range the coach was ethereal by turn 3 (and only 1 left... damn) and when my savages moved up he charge my front with the ghouls and cart. He rolled high, I rolled almost nothing, I broke and got run down. After this however everything went my way. Chariots killed the fell bats which opened the way for my warboss to kill the Varg. The BSB did manage to beat the spirit hosts andthen when the coach tried to save them it crumbled too. I countered and killed off everything else (wolf riders beat the zombies on their own) and in the end all he had was the deathstar that I refused to engage.

Result: Solid win for me since that deathstar had so many points. I was happy with the result oviously although it was painful to see the savage orcs, which I have in my list to fight VC troops, get spanked and wiped out like nothing. At least now I was even on the day. (warboss had stupidity again)

Game 3:

The mission was one where one side's general got frenzy and hit unit got hatred and his goal was to kill the other general, and the other side's general was unbreakable and got regen and had to end the game in contact with an objective in the center of the board. (I won the roll and made my warboss unbreakable)

My opponent was a friend of mine from the War Room who usually plays a nasty Thorek list, but this time he took: (Not sure on allthe gear)

Dwarf lord w/ shield bearers, 1+ save, 4+ ward, +1 to hit, str 6
BSB w/ extra CR
Rune priest
Thane

10 warriors w/ great weapons
10 thunderers w/ shields
20 long beards w/ great weapons, shields, FC. 5+ ward banner

20 hammerers w/ FC, shields
Cannon w/ engineer
2 str 7 bolt throwers w/ engineers and one was flaming

Organ gun
Organ gun

Pre-game thoughts: Well this was going to be a great way to end the day: a game against a great opponent and a great match up. I planned to use the dwarf lords fronzy against him (just like I did when I got the same mission in Fracas) and then basically do my best to swarm his war machines (other than the organ guns they were in either corner) and keep the chariots alive (I was actually lucky to have a large long hill to hide my chariots behind).

What actually happened: Well he got some bad rolls with an organ gun exploding first turn and some bolt throwers not hitting, and then we were in combat. I baited the hammerers (this was basically a deathstar with the lord, BSB, and runepriest) with the troll and flanked with the savage orcs with my warboss. Our lords got into a challenge with no wounds caused at first. I actually lost that combat (damn super CR machine...) but held on, and he made a critical mistake of not taking the advantage to turn the unit. After this I hit it in front with my night goblins w/ BSB and was slowly working it down as my general killed his (hurray for amulet of protectyness!!!). Mean while my blocks where wiping out his warmachines and small blocks and it looked to be a massacre... but then I made a mistake... the long beards moved in to help the hammerers and I moved up a block of orcs to block them. When he charged I fled and got away, but the long beards still had LOS to the savages flank... they counter charge, both units break (although they get away) and don't rally (put in a string of swears here). Had I just taken the charge and lost the block I would have saved all thos points.

Result: Well the massacre turned into a solid win... and then we double checked out numbers and it was actually only a minor win (arrrggghhhh!!!), but hey, it still was a great game and another win for the orcs. My opponent player was a bit miffed my warboss had killed his dwarf lord (hehe...) and this was actually the first time I'd actually killed on at all.

Result of the tournament:

Out of 16 players I came in 7th overall and 3rd for sportsmenship. I had achieved my goal of getting more wins than losses although I still wanted another game to make up for my mess up with the poll. Unfortunately the wife wanted me home ASAP (unpacking at the new house) and I wasn't able to get on in... yet...

Blackjack took best general (I was a bit miffed he got a trophy when I didn't get one last year) and made for the perfect forth game...

Blackjack, Morko challenges you to a game next weekend!!! (Terrain set up by a third party and we'll roll for one of the missions used at Mayday.)

Otherwise there you have it. Sorry for only giving summaries, but I only got the computer set up now and I leave to go back to Fort McMurray in a couple of hours. If those cowardly lizardmen take my challenge ( ;):D ) you can expect a full report.

Pre-game thoughts: My biggest worry is actually the salmanders. A few bad rolls and my line could fall apart after only a couple of dead orcs. I know most of his tricks and have enough DD and scrolls to shut down the worst of his magic. The big thing I'm trying to figure out is if I should target the steg with the spear chukkas and take the easy points, or for for broke against the temple guard and try and get them under 5 so I gan target the slann... My guess for the result would be a tie.

WarlockOMork
03-05-2009, 20:41
my prophecy is comming true, just one more.

then again your already there if the first game counts as my, but if your horrible unlucky your only gonna win 2, game:).

Nicely told btw.

Tha Cunnin' Plan: Plan's a good one.

What actualy happend: Often Very funny, from a reading perspective.

selone
03-05-2009, 21:39
Thanks for the reports and you can be happy with a massacre loss, solid win and minor win

rtunian
03-05-2009, 22:22
"i was supposed to play a soft orcs list, but instead i got vc"
what a nice surprise!! good games, good read. did you get stupidity again in the 3rd game or hatred&/frenzy ??

Malorian
04-05-2009, 00:47
"i was supposed to play a soft orcs list, but instead i got vc"
what a nice surprise!! good games, good read. did you get stupidity again in the 3rd game or hatred&/frenzy ??

Hatred. It was a nice change ;)

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
04-05-2009, 08:23
Thanks for the report:), wel you did decently. I voted 2 wins so you didn't dissapoint me. Altough I would love to play against a list like yours, it would be a nice game I suppose.

Greetz
G

Malorian
04-05-2009, 14:01
Thanks for the report:), wel you did decently. I voted 2 wins so you didn't dissapoint me. Altough I would love to play against a list like yours, it would be a nice game I suppose.

Greetz
G

Well next time you are in the Edmonton area let me know and my orcs and your goblins can have at it :D

blackjack
04-05-2009, 15:24
Hey Malorian. Did'nt your vamp opponent have a vamp on an abyssal terror or something? I seem to remember he had a 40mm base and a some weird mount for one of his vamps.

And yes I think we can get it on this weekend. PM me for a time and location.

Malorian
04-05-2009, 15:30
Hey Malorian. Did'nt your vamp opponent have a vamp on an abyssal terror or something? I seem to remember he had a 40mm base and a some weird mount for one of his vamps.

It was a count as. The lord was actually on a barded steed and that large base was a count-as hellsteed. The bigger base certainly made it an easier target for my doom diver ;)

So when are you available this weekend? It would be probably better for Friday for me.