PDA

View Full Version : Radagast and Epic Renewal

krashreed
16-04-2009, 18:55
Radagasts special rule for Epic Renewal says that he can restore a used might point. Can this ability be used on himself? I don't have the rules in front of me so I don't recall if it says restore a used might point on other hero's.

Sarah S
16-04-2009, 18:59
Well technically he is a Hero within 12" of himself...
But it's an Epic action, so it would cost him a Might point even if he could...

Why would you want to do that?

krashreed
16-04-2009, 19:18
Well technically he is a Hero within 12" of himself...
But it's an Epic action, so it would cost him a Might point even if he could...

Why would you want to do that?

Excellent point! :confused:

I have yet to play a full game with characters and might involved, only games with core troops to get a feel for the game flow.

The Adept
16-04-2009, 21:04
Try it with Gandalf - his Touched by Destiny gives him a free Epic action each turn. If you've got nothing better to call with it, you might as well give him back a point of might!

Sarah S
16-04-2009, 21:17
An interesting thing I have been meaning to try is to take Gandalf and Dain in the same army.

Put them in the same formation.
Have Dain expend all 4 of his Might Points to give to Gandalf. This will give Gandalf between 7 and 15 Might.
Use Desperate Heroics to replenish Dain's Might points at the expense of a rank and file Hero.
Have Gandalf expend all of his Might Points to give to Dain. a minimum of 11 Might and a maximum of 49 (you won't roll that many 6's).

Next turn have Dain use all but 3 of his Might to give to Gandalf. Use the 3 Might to upgrade dice into 6's.
Have Gandalf return half of the resulting Might to Dain.

Find something to spend your dozens of Might points on.

Edonil
16-04-2009, 23:49
An interesting thing I have been meaning to try is to take Gandalf and Dain in the same army.

Have Dain expend all 4 of his Might Points to give to Gandalf. This will give Gandalf between 7 and 15 Might.
Use Desperate Heroics to replenish Dain's Might points at the expense of a rank and file Hero.
Have Gandalf expend all of his Might Points to give to Dain. a minimum of 11 Might and a maximum of 49 (you won't roll that many 6's).

Next turn have Dain use all but 3 of his Might to give to Gandalf. Use the 3 Might to upgrade dice into 6's.

:wtf: Gah. That's...stupidly overcomplicated and bizarre...but effective, I will admit

Kroot Lord
19-04-2009, 16:54

Jeez. Faq, we need you, especially before any tournaments!

Nu Fenix
19-04-2009, 18:50

Desperate Heroics doesn't ring a bell as a rule, I can't see it in the Index. and can't seem to find it in the rulebook.

Where is it Sarah?

thorgrim
19-04-2009, 19:12
@Nu Fenix: Desperate Heroics is a fortune.

Nu Fenix
19-04-2009, 19:18
That would be why I don't recognise it, as I have only been reading Fates due to my fondness for Evil.

Cheers Thorgrim!