PDA

View Full Version : What is the Tartarus pattern Land Raider?

starlight
18-12-2005, 10:08
In the description of the Prometheus pattern Land Raider the comment is made that it is *undeniably similar to the Tartarus pattern*. However, I have not been able to find any references other than some vague:

Other heavy weapon, possibly some form of massive Plasma weapon.

Epic supposedly had it with a version of the Plasma Blastgun???

Given that *my*:p Salamanders may have been the ones who created the Prometheus, I'm wondering if they were involved in the Tartarus....

Although some notes point to the Dark Angels, due to their historical ties to Plasma weapons....

Any thoughts?

Puffin Magician
18-12-2005, 12:25
It only ties in with Dark Angels and Plasma if the people writing about it think it should [DA members of the SG forums?]. It could be something as simple as the Tartarus having an extra 5cm of ground clearance.

Do we know what the MkI (http://www.solegends.com/citcat911/c2029landraider.htm) Land Raider is called? The shiny new ones are Phobos, Helios, and Macragge, and the Land Raider Spectre is the MkI LR with the Rhino-shaped transport box.

I've seen a few speculated patterns that seem to be common ideas; Land Raider w/ Plasma [probably an Executioner, not a Blastgun], Land Raider w/ Battlecannon/Demolisher, but them being assigned a pattern by some webjunkies doesn't make them canon.

Mad_Max
18-12-2005, 13:20
there is allso the spartan wich was a landraider with expanded transportspace
(it could carry terminators wich the original couldn't, so the current could be called spartan)

malika
18-12-2005, 14:01
What is the Macragge pattern?

Hlokk
18-12-2005, 15:27
there is allso the spartan wich was a landraider with expanded transportspace
(it could carry terminators wich the original couldn't, so the current could be called spartan)

Isnt that just the LR Crusader?

Puffin Magician
18-12-2005, 16:07
Imperial Armour volume Two says the Land Raider Prometheus is a MkV Macragge pattern vehicle.

The MkI Land Raiders worked differently to the current Land Raider. The "normal" one, linked above, didn't carry Terminators as MadMax said, and the Spartan had a MkI Rhino-shaped extension for the extra cargo space. It's weapons were the same, but now it could carry Termies. It's no Crusader.

Mad Max is right about the Spartan being the extended transport version, it seems I've confused the Spectre with something else; can't find info on it.