PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Black Reach - Plog

jonnyrawkus
17-04-2009, 09:41
Having resurected this thread its now entirely devoted to the progress of my Black Templar marines, amongst other random bits and bob's - i was for The AoBR boxset (and i will still be painting those) so that will explain the Pre Heresy Imperial Fists

Enjoy

jonnyrawkus
17-04-2009, 10:00
Here a quick snap of 3 Marines i've got finished, I've got 4 more that are WIP, will post them up shortly

shabbadoo
17-04-2009, 10:04
Very nice and neat. Keep up the good work. :cool:

jonnyrawkus
17-04-2009, 10:06
Wanted to post up a WIP pic of the warboss i've been working on to break the monotany, been doing 1/2 here and there - when he's finished i'll most likely get rid of him via ebay but he sure is a fun model to paint!

jonnyrawkus
17-04-2009, 10:11
@ shabbadoo: Thanks, i'm using a really bad light setup to take the photo's so its really not giving the mini's everything they deserve, it also appears to be making the colour's appear really yellow/orange - the red on the SM's should actually be red - not orange!

Edzard
17-04-2009, 10:43
You have a very crisp style of painting, it really suits marines :)

I have the AOBR set also, and have recently started painting a few marines from it. They are nice models, but I find the limited poses make the painting a bit boring. Good luck with the painting, I look forward to seeing more of your work.

jonnyrawkus
17-04-2009, 10:54
@Edzard: Thanks Edz. Yeah the marines are a bit too static for my liking, I do however like the decals on the shoulder pads, shame they dont come with a standard tactical boxset (and i cant be bothered to buy loads from forgeworld) Other than the poses these are simnply the best snap fit plastics i've seen!

jonnyrawkus
20-06-2009, 21:42
Thread resurection - I decided i wanted to update a plog, and seeing as i have one started this would be a good place,

So i've switched army's - ditched the Imp.Fists and going with Black Templars, more tacticaly up my street (plus they're a dam sight quicker to paint - if the thread ressurection is anything to show i can be damn slow on my own stuff when i've got work on)

I've got a tactical squad finished and and test model done i'll upload when i get some photo's

jonnyrawkus
20-06-2009, 22:05
AS promised - they're at stage 2 i guess, drybrushed with bastion grey (p3) wash with badab black - then pick out the extreme highlights with bastion grey

Fay_Redd
20-06-2009, 22:06
Jonnyrawkus, hello. I like you painting, being a commision painter your skills are certainly great, keep up the painting, i look forward to seeing the BT's.

EDIT, ninja'd. i like the idea of setting up a little bit of scenery.

jonnyrawkus
20-06-2009, 22:07
I've got a decent snap of the test fig i did for the scheme, one was a test to see if i liked painting BT's (the one with the red bolter) and the flamer was to see what decent way of painting quick black i could come up with

jonnyrawkus
20-06-2009, 22:11
Jonnyrawkus, hello. I like you painting, being a commision painter your skills are certainly great, keep up the painting, i look forward to seeing the BT's.

Thanks - i've got a couple of snaps of a mordheim warband im working on, im doing each model as a speed paint (so i actually get the done!!)

Oh and i hate orange

jonnyrawkus
20-06-2009, 22:13
ha - i didnt intentionaly set the scenery up i guess (maybe subconsiously) my gaming table is the coset flat surface to a plug socket (for the light) in that room! i normaly photo mini's in the kitchen!

Fay_Redd
20-06-2009, 22:17
Is that the BfSP slayer, i didnt know he was completely nekkid, christ i feel sorry for the miner.

The Templars look good.

jonnyrawkus
20-06-2009, 22:21
Yeah the whole warband is going to be from BfSP - mean's i dont need to buy anymore mini's, and yeah it would appear he's in the buff ( you can still be hard with no clothes on - yeah i know how that sounds....)

jonnyrawkus
20-06-2009, 22:23
Any thinkings one waht colours i should use on the BT's imperial eagle's and other bits?

Lotoc_Sabbath
22-06-2009, 17:31
nice very nice!!!

jonnyrawkus
28-06-2009, 20:54
A couple of updates, the squads details are almost all done now (i still need to finish the majority of the eagles, and all shoulders) here's a fancy wip shot of the details

jonnyrawkus
28-06-2009, 20:57
I also had a quick 15 minute stab on a tester model to demonstrate lighting effects to some guys on deviant art. Didn't nail it quite right, but it gets the idea across (the highlight shouldn't be as pronounced on the brow as it extends over the eye socket, but hey!)

Plus the camera made the model look awefull this time, will have a play around with my photography setup.

eltanko
29-06-2009, 12:24
Very nice lighting effect on the eyes, these guys are looking really good. i could do with some tips on how to paint BT's well, so il keep an eye on this thread!

ElTanko

Fay_Redd
29-06-2009, 12:39
Oooh, thats a bit clever. Show off. Looking good.

Reddster

jonnyrawkus
13-07-2009, 01:58
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/193/1/b/Black_Templar_Crusader___40k_by_jonny_rawkus.jpg

An update of the finished squad, now I hope to get a razor back done in the next day or two - then some scouts!

Legacy40k
13-07-2009, 02:51
Thanks for showing people who underestimate how good these models are just how good they can be.

jonnyrawkus
13-07-2009, 08:16
Nice one thanks, I've always maintained that these are THE best snap fit models that gamesworkshop have ever produced by far