PDA

View Full Version : 500pts Tourney Empire

it's coming this way!
17-04-2009, 21:44
Alright guys, some of you might know of my quest for 2250pts of empire by June, but to help me get the ball rolling, I'm entering a tourney at Games Day Baltimore put on by my local club (coincidentally). I'm not out to destroy everybody, but I do want a fighting chance... competitive is the best word, I guess.

Here're the composition rules:
- Max 500pts from a current, published GW army book
- Force Org: 0-2 Heroes, 1+ Core, 0-1 Special, 0-1 Rare
- Max 250pts on any single unit
- Max 100pts on any single model (all units with a fixed unit size (ex: Warmachines) are considered a single model)
- All non-fixed unit sizes are halved, rounding down (ex. 3-6, becomes 1-3. 20+ becomes 10+)
- No magic standards
- 0-1 Warmachine, Chariot or Flying model (in total)

Here's what I've got, let me know what you think!

Warrior Priest- 100pts
-Warhorse

Swordsmen (20)- 136pts
-Shields
-Sgt.
-Standard Bearer

Handgunners (10)- 80pts

Knights of the Inner Circle (5)- 130pts

Flagellants (5)- 50pts

Total: 496pts
41 Models

Cats Laughing
17-04-2009, 22:40
Interesting tourney rules.

I think your list is fine, though the Knights and Warrior Priest will likely leave your Infantry behind (or waste their extra movement if you hold them back and keep them with the infantry).

Doesn't seem like a simple army though, as you're being pulled in multiple directions (fast advance with Cav, slow advance with swords/flagellants, and static shooting with handgunners), but with thought put into your deployment and moves you should be able to make it work.

If your opponents don't go too cheesy (there's still some left, despite the tourney rules) you should be able to do well.

wildkarrde0
17-04-2009, 23:32
personally i would try this

catptain @ 79
Great weapon
Armour meteoic iron

20 swordmen full command @ 210
5 archer datchment
5 halberdiers

10 handgunes @80

5 inner circle knights @130

or take 5 pitoliers with musion and chapion with repeter pistors and bump the halberdiers up to 8

thinks about 499

just a couple of thoughts, detachment are very useful and should be use knight are underpower and this would keep the ld nearer to the troops

Terrokhan
18-04-2009, 04:16
Cool, a 500pt tourney is a great idea. At this point amount though im sure the winning army is the one who makes the right moves and rolls alot of 6's as army composition (from army to army) is not going to make much difference because of the tiny cap.

Makarion
18-04-2009, 04:43
I notice that there's no limit on Ethereals. Going to be fun to face a wraith unit.

Mercules
18-04-2009, 17:44
Here're the composition rules:
- Max 500pts from a current, published GW army book
- Force Org: 0-2 Heroes, 1+ Core, 0-1 Special, 0-1 Rare
- Max 250pts on any single unit
- Max 100pts on any single model (all units with a fixed unit size (ex: Warmachines) are considered a single model)
- All non-fixed unit sizes are halved, rounding down (ex. 3-6, becomes 1-3. 20+ becomes 10+)
- No magic standards
- 0-1 Warmachine, Chariot or Flying model (in total)

Well, you won't have to worry about facing Ogres, since the Cheapest General you can get is 130 points with no items.

Looks like a pretty solid force given the composition. It is actually very close to Warband rules.

The point about the Wraiths is very true. Vamp player will be able to counter any magic people bring and Wraiths are maneuverable enough to avoid Characters with Magical Weapons(which most won't be able to afford).

Stuffburger
19-04-2009, 05:14
I'm a little dubious of how a unit of 5 flagellants would function- It makes a decent hammer if they can somehow get a flank charge but as a tarpit they stand a good chance of being wiped out in round 1 of combat, and you can't sacrifice them because you'll have no one left in the unit.