PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Dwarf Slayer Army

BLARGAG!!!
18-04-2009, 04:49
Hey all,

Just made up a 2250 point list for my army of Karak Kadrin and was wondering what you guys think about it.

Lords
Daemon Slayer, MRo Skalf Blackhammer, Ro Cleaving, Ro Speed

Heroes
Thane, BSB, Strollaz Rune, MRo Grungi, Ro Slowness
Dragon Slayer, MRo Alaric the Mad
Dragon Slayer, Ro Fury, Ro Cleaving

Core
10 Quarrelers
10 Quarrelers
10 Quarrelers

Special
25 Slayers, Musician, Standard
25 Slayers, Musician, Standard
29 Slayers, Musician, Standard
Bolt Thrower, 2x Ro Penetrating, Ro Reloading
Bolt Thrower, 2x Ro Penetrating, Ro Burning

Rare
Gyrocopter

The main idea is to have the slayers walk forward and try and engage/get a charge off (yeah right) while the gyrocopter goes war machine hunting and/or march blocking/annoying stuff. All the while having the bolt throwers and quarrelers pound them with fire for as long as possible.

Let me know what you think, and any improvments/suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
BLARGAG!!!

tricker53
18-04-2009, 07:21
rune of cleaving with skalf is a tad useless. . . youll be wounding on 2s anyway. switch cleaving and speed for snorri spanglehelm.

i never liked MR alaric, because usually the character holding it hasnt got enough S to use it properly. i guess slayers can be the best exception.

rune of snorri spanglehelm is usually better than rune of fury in terms of math hammer if you only take 1. also i would ditch cleaving and go with MR kragg the grim for +2S at the same cost, remembering that the slayer does have a great weapon and 2 hand weapons, but cant use either seeing as he has a rune axe instead. also remember that if the opponent is T6 then both R cleaving and MR kragg will mean nothing because of the slayers rule.

where exactly are all the characters going?

how does rune of reloading get used by a bolt thrower? i didnt think they could misfire.

on the 2nd bolt thrower i would ditch 1 penetrating and the burning and go with MR skewering, and try and get engineers on both.

BLARGAG!!!
18-04-2009, 15:52
I re-wrote the list based upon what you and a couple other people have said and this is the result.

Lords
- Daemon Slayer, Master Rune of Skalf Blackhammer, Rune of Snorri Spangelhelm

Heroes
- Thane, Shield, Master Rune of Swiftness, Rune of Fury, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Stone
- Dragon Slayer, Master Rune of Alaric the Mad
- Dragon Slayer, Master Rune of Cragg the Grim, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Speed

Core
- 10 Quarrelers
- 10 Quarrelers
- 20 Warriors, Shields, Musician, Standard, Champion
- 20 Longbeards, Shields, Musician, Standard w/ Master Rune of Grungi, Champion

Special
- 14 Slayers, Musician, Standard, Giant Slayer
- 14 Slayers, Musician, Standard, Giant Slayer
- 19 Slayers, Musician, Standard, Giant Slayer
- Bolt Thrower, Engineer, Rune of Penetrating
- Bolt Thrower, Engineer, Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Skewering

Rare
- Gyrocopter

I am 2 points short, but I don't think that it matters.

Let me know what you think!
BLARGAG!!!