PDA

View Full Version : Lost but not forgotten lords

bigunns
18-04-2009, 20:41
I've been looking at various models from the armies that have been removed through the editions. ....

so far the ones that i liked that i can't use ne more are

Chaos Warriors : Crom the Conquerer
Orcs and Gob. : Boregut facebeater and Wurzag Uda Ura Zahubu
Skaven : Ikkit Claw, Lord Queek, and Skolk

Any u guys used to use that they tossed to the side?

Shamfrit
18-04-2009, 23:10
I use Skrolk as a Plague Priest, when I do happen to use such a character. Either way, he is used as my Plague Monk unit Champion, the Plague Deacon. After all, it's such a nice model it's a shame to have him lying around doing nothing in particular. That, and a dear friend gave him to me when I started Warhammer the second time around so he has special place in my Skaven army :D

Fuzzymoldyork
18-04-2009, 23:23
My brother used to use Azazel, the Prince of Damnation for his Chaos army. I was very disappointed to hear that neither he, nor Amon 'Chakai were in the daemons book.

But most of all, I truly miss Hennrich Kemmler and Krell. Both of these models really got me into Warhammer and were used throughout 5th edition.

They will be missed.

bigunns
18-04-2009, 23:36
Its a shame some of these models got canned quite a few were pretty well thought out and produced some interesting themes

W0lf
18-04-2009, 23:37
Crom was a shame to lose. He could have made a wicked everchosen should they advance the story.

The dirtbag empire fire wizard.. no way could he be beaten by the gold one.

Other than that im struggling... might be because i play WoC and now vamps mostly

kyussinchains
18-04-2009, 23:57
personally I'm annoyed that they not only didn't include Aekold Helbrass in the new warriors book, but that they apparently killed him off!!

Egrimm Van horstman is another, I've got him lying around in bits somewhere, but he works fine as a lord on chaos dragon.

I'm personally quite glad that they got rid of swordmaster Eltharion, I hated everything about that character, stubborn LD10 swordmasters indeed!!

Cpt. Obvious
19-04-2009, 00:01
Duthuru for the Woodelves

The Everqueen for the High Elves was the bane of chaos back in the day

... Valten?

Dark14
19-04-2009, 00:18
wurzagg is dead i would say thats y he isnt there but there are alot of dead characters you can take still...which is rediculous.

bigunns
19-04-2009, 02:25
wurzagg is dead i would say thats y he isnt there but there are alot of dead characters you can take still...which is rediculous.

ye he was my favorite tho but i mean they still have ahzrag (SP?) n he got his head lobbed off which is 1 orc i really dont like.... 1 hes too expensive pt wise and 2 he takes animosity and stupidity ... >.> y not make his wound 1 as well lol but ne way

wurzag tho expensive was pretty awesome considering generals got turned into squigs.... always deplete the opponents pool b4 lighting that 1 off :evilgrin:

i think they removed a pretty sick ass dwarf too thorgim i think he was pretty evil for a stunty

dannyfave
19-04-2009, 02:32
ye he was my favorite tho but i mean they still have ahzrag (SP?) n he got his head lobbed off which is 1 orc i really dont like.... 1 hes too expensive pt wise and 2 he takes animosity and stupidity ... >.> y not make his wound 1 as well lol but ne way

wurzag tho expensive was pretty awesome considering generals got turned into squigs.... always deplete the opponents pool b4 lighting that 1 off :evilgrin:

i think they removed a pretty sick ass dwarf too thorgim i think he was pretty evil for a stunty

Thorgrim is in the current Dwarf book.

About dead Orc characters, most in the current army book are dead historicle characters.

I miss the Swordmastrer mage from the 5th ed. high elves and the wood elf queen....... And marius leitdorf of course.

bigunns
19-04-2009, 02:40
Lol ye your right i got the wrong grim it was actually

karak ungrim ... the dwarf that looks like hes way to armed ... >.<

Dark14
19-04-2009, 02:40
i hope we can all agree dead characters should not be in books though. who i want back is Alarielle (WE queen) everqueen

bigunns
19-04-2009, 02:44
lol i dont think ne1 is in power atm for greenskins so thats probably why my book is set like that .... i think grimgor is MIA and grom is sumwhere in a mountain other than that they die pretty quick XD

but i havent looked into the wood elves or rather any elves other than a tad at dark elves what does she do ?

Ironbreaker
19-04-2009, 03:09
i hope we can all agree dead characters should not be in books though.
So all the special characters have to exist at the one point in time? :p

Anyway, it's a pity that the Wood Elf Ariel isn't produced any more.

mweaver
19-04-2009, 03:30
I'd certainly love to see a nice new model for her.

Shagrat
19-04-2009, 03:42
I for sure miss Neferata...

Havock
19-04-2009, 03:53
Crom was a shame to lose. He could have made a wicked everchosen should they advance the story.

Wut? But that requires writing. And thinking!

kylek2235
19-04-2009, 03:55
Pretty much all of the discontinued Elector Counts. I always liked the one from Ostland (i think it was Ostland, too lazy to get my book.)

Stmr5000
19-04-2009, 04:25
... Valten?

That would involve SoC actually happening. ;)

Seriously, if they do redo it, they better keep Valten around this time.

Cypher, the Emperor
19-04-2009, 04:42
I miss Repanse, Tancred, Tristan and Jules, Bertrand, Hugo and Gui and all the other awesome Brets that magically vanished with the new army book.

sergio
19-04-2009, 06:20
pretty much all of the dwarf characters got the boot (thought i dont know if they're dead in the story arc or whatever)

-king kazador (i just remember he had a horn)
-kragg the grim (master runelord.. S10 hammer)
-ungrim ironfist (nasty slayer king)
-gotrek and felix (daemon slayer with ax that like.. autohits, no save, D3/D6 wounds... and human hero with +3A sword.. both with 4+ ward)
-burlok damminson (master engineer with mechanical arm... default S7)

now the dwarf army book has 3 characters that are all but unplayable...

Bingo the Fun Monkey
19-04-2009, 06:40
I would play high elves on two conditions: if they re-did all the plastics and the swordmasters and if Belannaer would make a comeback with his bad-ass book. Sure he was a beast in 5th ed, but I don't think I'm the only one who considered him a fluffy mainstay...

Wurrzag's still around, he's still looking for the once and only git which is NOT Grimgor. Mork told me so...

xragg
19-04-2009, 06:41
Skaven : Ikkit Claw, Lord Queek, and Skolk

Dont forget the Vermin Lord. Though not a special character, I still think he was an 0-1 choice.

Ozorik
19-04-2009, 07:15
Nagash. Undoubtably one of the most powerful creatures ever to walk the warhammer world.

He killed an entire nation single handedly, created necromantic magic and vampires, nearly killed Sigmar and come back from the dead twice. Ok the model was hideous but his fluff is still the best in warhammer.

If there was one special character that deserves resurrection it is him.

Aside from that special characters have never really been of interest to me on the table, I dislike the power gaming connotations that they used to have, which some retain, as well as just disliking to use them in general.

The new 40k special characters are a much better idea. They are essentially normal characters with standard upgrades, the odd special rule or unique item and most importantly the ability to subtly alter how the list as a whole works offering much more scope for 'counts as'.

Zujara
19-04-2009, 09:30
I always liked Arkhan the Black. A dead manticore made into a chariot so it could fly, and the biting head on the yoke. Was the first to take Nagash's elixir, and was his second in command.

forthegloryofkazadekrund
19-04-2009, 09:42
Aekold Helbrass, Fantastic model and great rules

Whatever happened to Arbaal the Undefeated?

Shamfrit
19-04-2009, 09:47

Well put it this way, his name is wrong now :D

Dai-Mongar
19-04-2009, 10:13
I think a lot of the missing Bretonnian/Dwarf/Wood Elf characters are due to the antiquated idea of only having two or three SC's per book. I imagine that if they're redone we'll see a lot of the old favourites return.
I personally wish I could still get Ghazak Khan (and a DoW army to use him, in of course).
:(

TheZombieSquig
19-04-2009, 12:00
I miss the notorious Undead characters, Nagash, Heinrich Kemmler & Krell, Dieter Helsnicht, Arkhan the Black. The lore still keeps their names alive, but not the books :(

Crube
19-04-2009, 12:11
Although I never include SCs in my armies, I do have a soft spot for some of them. Ones I think would enhance the armies, and someI just think could be awesome new models.
Personally...

Arkhan the Black
Alarielle
Ariel
Orion and his hounds
Also, all the Empire Elector Counts - decent mid level characters, with character. You really could field a themed EMoire army with out too many cries of :cheese:

I was never a fan of Aekold Helbrass, or Crom for that matter. I found their stories uninspiring and the models weak.. but that's probably just me :)

forthegloryofkazadekrund
19-04-2009, 12:15
Well put it this way, his name is wrong now :D

Whys it wrong?, he was never defeated afaik

O&G'sRule
19-04-2009, 13:27
Deathmaster snikch was always a favourite, Arbaal the undefeated was a good laugh and aekold hellbrass was a great character, Nagash is something that I think most would like to come back along with Kemmler.
I'd guess GW aren't sure about redoing Nagash as his legendary status is similar to Sigmar (or a 40k primarch) so ruleswise you'd struggle to make him live up to those stories whilst not being unkillable. If they did Nagash, surely there would be reason to do sigmar too which obviously won't happen

enyoss
19-04-2009, 14:02
Also, all the Empire Elector Counts - decent mid level characters, with character. You really could field a themed EMoire army with out too many cries of :cheese:

I'll second that. Marius Leitdorf and Boris Todbringer were pretty cool in particular. I'm not sure about Hochland though. He seemed to be a bit of a makeweight, although I seem to remember being a fan of the model back in the early 90's.

Before the 7th edition High Elf book was released I would have wanted to see Alith Anar as well, but with the new model I just wish that he'd been left in purgatory!

O&G'sRule
19-04-2009, 14:11

Well judging by his rules I'd imagine he's either spawn or dead

kyussinchains
19-04-2009, 14:18
I also thought the named elector counts were pretty good, and I agree that Aldebrand Ludenhoff was a bit poor, I did like Valmir von Raukov as he had the dragon bow.

I think that Belannaer was a cool character, shame a model never got made (well unless it would have been sculpted by gary morley, in which case it would seem like a bullet well dodged IMO)

Panzer MkIV
19-04-2009, 15:15
The character I miss the most is Belakor. He would have been a fine addition for the Deamon book

bigunns
19-04-2009, 15:19
I would play high elves on two conditions: if they re-did all the plastics and the swordmasters and if Belannaer would make a comeback with his bad-ass book. Sure he was a beast in 5th ed, but I don't think I'm the only one who considered him a fluffy mainstay...

Wurrzag's still around, he's still looking for the once and only git which is NOT Grimgor. Mork told me so...

I wish they would still let me use him.... bc truthfully hes the only lord i put into my army.... rather have just bosses but he was too fun to use .... on top of that just having a unique model to paint was fun

Lowmans
19-04-2009, 15:26
Unfortunately Arbaal the Undefeated was also Arbaal the Unsellable. He was eaten by a GW accountacy daemon (Coin Thirster).

Disciple of Caliban
19-04-2009, 15:33
The dirtbag empire fire wizard.. no way could he be beaten by the gold one.

Tyrus Gormann, i agree, he was great, he had some rules on the GW website during 6th edition, and the awesome limited edition bright wizard that was released a few year back makes a great model to use as him, if only he could get some new rules!!

As for models that should have been retired:

Borgut facebeater makes a great black orc warboss, he really is a great model so i'll always find an excuse to field him, even if its just as a unit champion.

Ar ulric is a pretty cool model, and another one i've refused to retire just because he no longer has rules (as are the teutogen guard that follow him!)

Sheena Easton
19-04-2009, 23:05
Gorfang Rotgut
Olgok The 'Orrible (never had a model)
Morglum Necksnapper
Wurrzag
Borgut Facebeater

Nagash
Dieter Hellsnicht, The Doomlord Of Middenheim
Arkhan The Black
Henrich Kemmler
Krell
Melchior
Nefereta
That Strigoi One (no model)
That Blood Dragon One That Might Not Exist (no model)

Belanner (no model)
Eltharion The Blind (thankfully retconned back into the excellent Eltharion The Grim)
The Everqueen

Aekhold Helbrass
That Nurgle One Whose Name I Cannot Recall At This Time
Dechalia The Denied One
Engrimm Van Horstmaaan
Aarbal The Undefeated
Amon Chaki (no model)
Azazel, Prince Of Damnation
N'Kari (may not have had rules in WFB?, no model)
Belakor

Those Four Individual Elector Counts
Thyuss Gorman

Duc Tancred
Robin Hood with his merry men including Friar Tuck & Little John - but no Maid Marion the chauvinist pigs! Did they never see the fabulous TV series Maid Marion And Her Merry Men?

Thalandor (no model)
Durthu
The bint with the owl

Ikit Claw
Deathmaster Snitch
Nurglich
Lork Skrolk
The one that hates Dwarfs

Rakarth The Beastlord

Astrogath
Gorduz Backstabber (no model)
The Other One (no model)

Lorenzo Lupo
Mydas The Mean
That One With The Cannonball Mace
Busty Beauty Lucrizza Belladonna
Carcas & Bolger with Hengis The Druid
Luka Braganza & Braganza's Besiegers
Lumpin Crook & His Fighting Cocks
Ghazak Khan
Those Hobgoblin Wolf Riders
Thsoe Marksmen
Pirazzo & The Lost Legion
Bronzion & The Galloper Guns
The stupid Bird Men Who Are Best Forgotten
Golgfang & His Ogres
Some bloke with a unit of pikemen
Some other bloke with a unit of pikemen
Some other bloke with a unit of heavily armoured pikemen

Mazamaundazai3ww
Tinky Winky
Dipsy
La La
Po

I can't think of any more...

Pengie
20-04-2009, 01:24

He was defeated and ran off in shame.

But so many characters I miss - I very rarely use them in games but the background for some of them is amazing. Wish they would make them more playable and balanced like in 40k. Some faves:
Marius Leitdorf
Wurrzagg
Bertrand the Brigand and his merry men
Tristan and Joules
Everqueen and handmaidens
Nagash
Kemmler

Talk about nostalgia

Shiodome
20-04-2009, 09:55
orc characters are bound to be all dead, the mightiest seem to rampage a couple of years at most, whilst the weak warlords can't be lasting more than a few months... it's tough at the top for greenskins.

Urgat
20-04-2009, 12:18
Skarsnik, Grimgor, Gorfang Rotgut, Morglum Necksnapper all disagree with you I think (btw add these two to the disappeared lords). Ok grimgor is more of an upstart, but all the others are pretty much established and inamovable.

Matt1982
20-04-2009, 13:02
Is Aekold actually dead? Yes his tongues been removed from his head, which would surely point towards it, but given his rather remarkable recooperative abilities, I'm not too certain. I know it's hardly cannon but when I was hunting around a while back to see if I could find his official background I found out he's an active NPC on the Chaos side in Tzeentch's Inevitable City in Warhammer Online. I dont play it but grateful if anybody does and can add anything?

Fenrir
20-04-2009, 13:39
No Arbaal in the game any more! I guess he was defeated.

Mind you, his background has a story of him leading an army of Khorne daemons which would have caused havoc with GW's new chaos attitude.

Briohmar
20-04-2009, 14:08
I kind of miss (the concept of) Dechala the Denied One from Chaos (not the model, it was horrible, but Reaper had a beautiful model that I used to double for Dechala.) Egrim and Aekold as well. Most of the Elector counts had personages at one time, and a lot of the figures were pretty nice. The 5th Edition Bretonian Special Characters were all really cool as well.

Urgat
20-04-2009, 16:41
Is Aekold actually dead? Yes his tongues been removed from his head, which would surely point towards it, but given his rather remarkable recooperative abilities, I'm not too certain. I know it's hardly cannon but when I was hunting around a while back to see if I could find his official background I found out he's an active NPC on the Chaos side in Tzeentch's Inevitable City in Warhammer Online. I dont play it but grateful if anybody does and can add anything?

Yes, he's there as part of some quest for the order players if they manage to invade the city. That being said there's nothing particular about him, as a destruction player, I only get to see him in some room with lots of grass and stuff. He doesn't even have a particular skin or anything, just a regular chaos warrior with a name. Kind of a let down.

Yeah, I defeated him plenty of times. Also allied to the guy playing him, well, he never helped me much. For the record, he got killed plenty of times by a black orc warboss, by the green knight, and by a bloodthirster. He was frankly bad, I called him the Very Defeated :

Jedi152
20-04-2009, 16:49
Did Grom the Paunch make it into the new orc book?

I liked the feel of the old Bretonnian characters, Behemond the Beastslayer, Tristan le Troubador, Repanse etc.

bigunns
20-04-2009, 16:51
Skarsnik, Grimgor, Gorfang Rotgut, Murglum Necksnapper all disagree with you I think (btw add these two to the disappeared lords). Ok grimgor is more of an upstart, but all the others are pretty much established and inamovable.

hey was gorfang rotgut and murglum necksnapper playable at all? if so ne1 have a pic of um?

Ixquic
20-04-2009, 16:57
I for sure miss Neferata...

Yeah me too :(

I guess it doesn't make sense for her to be around fighting since she doesn't even let visitors to the Silver Pinnacle see what she looks like but the Von Carstein loser squad (except Manfredd the Older) they have in the current book is lame...

Urgat
20-04-2009, 17:00
Did Grom the Paunch make it into the new orc book?

Yes he did, but he remains as MIA as he used to.
Biguuns, for pics google is your friend, and yes, they were playable during 4th/5th edition. Btw it's Morglum, sorry for the typo, I corrected that.
Bah, i'm feeling nice:
Morglum:
http://www.yesnet.yk.ca/schools/wes/projects/valerie_webpages_2003/Zach/images/morglum_necksnapper.gif
and Gorfang:
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/5/5a/Gorfang_Rotgut.JPG (not a very good mini)

Drakcore Bloodtear
20-04-2009, 17:24
I'd guess GW aren't sure about redoing Nagash as his legendary status is similar to Sigmar (or a 40k primarch) so ruleswise you'd struggle to make him live up to those stories whilst not being unkillable. If they did Nagash, surely there would be reason to do sigmar too which obviously won't happen

Well so are the Slann's status but GW seem to have screwed them up :(

Ixquic
20-04-2009, 17:37
Eh I think Nagash is certainly within the acceptable standard for rules. The one time he was super unbeatable was when he was pretty much sitting on top of a fortress built out of warpstone so he was really at the height of his power and he still got beaten by a half dead human holding a magic sword. If he came back he'd be a little worse off.

I think around Greater Demon of Tzeench stats with some nifty magic items and abilities would be fairly appropriate.

Griffonclaw
20-04-2009, 19:34
ah man, the wood elf character with the hawks and hawk whips!
What was his name again??

FluXpac
20-04-2009, 19:40
I think he was Scarloc?

Jedi152
20-04-2009, 23:35
Skaw the Falconer. He could 'fire' his hawks like a missile weapon.

dhaventh ha'asek
21-04-2009, 11:18
noone seems to remember prince imrik of the line of caledor. he was a very cool hero

Matt1982
21-04-2009, 11:32
Yes, he's there as part of some quest for the order players if they manage to invade the city. That being said there's nothing particular about him, as a destruction player, I only get to see him in some room with lots of grass and stuff. He doesn't even have a particular skin or anything, just a regular chaos warrior with a name. Kind of a let down.

Cheers for the reply Urgat, what a waste of a character with such background! :( One more quick question though, any idea if Wathammer Online is set before or after Storm of Chaos? If after then it'd be encouraging as it'd place him alive and well in a time frame after the tongue is available but if before... could be a drop when he gets killed :S

Arnizipal
21-04-2009, 13:21

He died in the Siege of Praag IIRC.

Cheers for the reply Urgat, what a waste of a character with such background! :( One more quick question though, any idea if Wathammer Online is set before or after Storm of Chaos? If after then it'd be encouraging as it'd place him alive and well in a time frame after the tongue is available but if before... could be a drop when he gets killed :SIt's not set anywhere at all. Warhammer Online exists outside of the established background, much like Blood Bowl.

Urgat
21-04-2009, 13:28
Cheers for the reply Urgat, what a waste of a character with such background! :( One more quick question though, any idea if Wathammer Online is set before or after Storm of Chaos? If after then it'd be encouraging as it'd place him alive and well in a time frame after the tongue is available but if before... could be a drop when he gets killed :S

It's as Arnizipal said, it's an alternative time line. For instance there's no Archaon, but a Tzeench dude instead, and Karak Eight Peak completly and uterlly fell to greenskins, but not to Skarnisk, instead, it's in the hands of the Grimlok/Gazbag duo

pointyteeth
21-04-2009, 18:39
There was no model for him, but I miss Count Mordrek the Damned. Nothing says Chaos like a character that has random stats!

I think Arbal and Dechala had updated rules on GW's site...well, before they changed it to the crap-weasel it is now.

chivalrous
21-04-2009, 19:38
personally I'm annoyed that they not only didn't include Aekold Helbrass in the new warriors book, but that they apparently killed him off!!

Who and How? That guy could regenerate faster than Deadpool on a Fabien Cortez trip. The guy that knocked him off must have had some serious armament.
Unless of course he got spawned or sucked into the warp...

I miss Repanse, Tancred, Tristan and Jules, Bertrand, Hugo and Gui and all the other awesome Brets that magically vanished with the new army book.
Ah, but it's a 6th edition book, I don't think anyone got more than three special characters. Which probably means they'll be back in your next book, Bertrand Hugo and Gui may even be upgrades for an archer unit ( la Kouran and Tullaris), leaving character slots free for other characters.

O&G'sRule
21-04-2009, 21:28
I'd easily forget Egrimm, he was awful. 1200 points of not that great

bigunns
21-04-2009, 21:31
I'd easily forget Egrimm, he was awful. 1200 points of not that great

1200 pts? damn

chivalrous
22-04-2009, 00:33
1200 pts? damn

I think 600 points of that was the Chaos Dragon he rode.

O&G'sRule
22-04-2009, 00:52
I think 600 points of that was the Chaos Dragon he rode.

yeah though you couldn't have him without the dragon, and the amount of time it died from cannon balls was outrageous. If you flew it high to avoid such things your Level 4 sorceror could do nothing and if he did something he probably hurt himself in the process with his wonderful magic items. And your oppoent always had the orb of thunder to trap flying high things anyway, he was poo