PDA

View Full Version : How do this edition and last edition Empire State troops line up together?

whimplow
18-04-2009, 23:15
Git an awesome deal on Ebay for a bunch of old State troops and rather like the ruffly shirt look. The question is how will these look if i intermix new state troops with the old ones? I do not have any new ones to compare.

I dont know if its my imganination but they seem a bit smaller in size than the newer ones.

Any pics, thought, input is appreciated.

badgeraddict
19-04-2009, 09:56
In my Empire army, all my spearmen & handgunners are 6th ed, whilst the halberdiers, swordsmen & crossbowmen are 7th ed.

I think they fit together very nicely when painted in the same fashion. I've painted all my State troops in the colours of Nordland; Blue & Yellow.

Not sure they'd work in the same unit, if that is what you are asking?

Maybe this picture will help you, its not great, but it might help.

Empire army (http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2718/40/107/713025017/n713025017_6462335_2626567.jpg)

Griefbringer
19-04-2009, 10:18
Git an awesome deal on Ebay for a bunch of old State troops and rather like the ruffly shirt look. The question is how will these look if i intermix new state troops with the old ones?

Depends on which old state troops these are - are they the spearmen and handgunners from the 6th edition boxed set (pretty big) or the swordsmen and halberdiers from the Soldiers of Empire box (a bit smaller)?