PDA

View Full Version : danny-d-b's WOC battle reports

danny-d-b
19-04-2009, 12:01
morning all
thought I'd treat you to some of my battle reports where I play at my local club

1st one with my WOC at 2000 points (still prefecting it) vs 2000 dwarfs
sorry there is no pictures, my army is going to be a heavly converted empire force so I'll get some once I'm sorted

anyway the lists (mine is a fixed list, makeing the puppet not realy worth it in my 1st game)
sorcerer lord of tzeentch with bloodskull pendent, conjoiend homulus, spell familiar and talasman of protection
festus
sorcerer of nurgle with infernal puppet
Exalted hero of nurgle with GW and helm of many eyes
25 marauders of nurgle with defence gear and full command
5 marauder horsemen with flais and musicans
14 warriors of nurgle with shields, full command and raputurs standard
3 chaos ogers with CA and GW
5 knights of nurgle with standard and warbanner!
Warshine of tzeentch

his list (roughly)
anvil
thane with an ASF hammer
25 warriors with shields
20 longbeards with shields
10 thunders
10 thunders
15 ironbreakers with double unit streath banner
15 miners
cannon
organ gun

My deaployment
knights, marauders,warshine, warriors,horsemen, ogers
his deaployment
thunders,warriors, cannon anvil (right in the open:wtf:) ,longbeards, thunders iron breakers

1st turn: Dwarf
movement
He got first turn and moved his warriors, longbeards and ironbreakers forward, with everything else staying still
Shooting
He anviled my knights but did no dammage, then misfied the cannon when shooting at the marauders and could not fire next turn, everything else was out of range

1st turn: WOC
movement
everything moved forwards as fast as possible, warshine hideing behind the trees while the marauders and warriors advainced up either side of them, marauders and ogers moved to team up on the iron breakers while the knights moved towards some rocks to protect them from the cannon/ thunder fire
magic
1st tryed qusamire on the iron breakers- he dispeled it with something that 'destoys' the spell on a 4+ (which he got)
Then tried infernal gateway on the longbeards and miscast (rolled a 7 modified it to a 5!)
Then failed to cast flickering fire on the ogran gun
shooting- got MR on the marauders (hopeing for 4+ ward save!)

2nd turn dwarfs
miners failed to turn up
movement- warriors and longbeards moved in to charge range of marauders and warriors respetivly while ironbreaker moved up on to a hill
shooting-Anvil once again hit the knights and killed one
handgunners got 3 shots on knights- 3 misses
ogran gun kills light cav(thought they where out of line of sight, the wasn't)

2nd turn WOC
marauders charge warriors, warriors charge longbeards, ogers charge iron breakers, knights turn to face flank of warriors
magic- nothing
shooting
marauders get magic resitance again!
combat- win M vs W (exalted hero smached apart his champion) and W vs LB but lose ogers vs IB all by 3
warriors and longbeards hold, ogers run away (iron breaker 7in behind)

3rd turn- dwarfs
miners turn up but don't move towards knights (turn out he fails to read the rules properly, and after the descusion we had with the ogran gun/horsemen he dosen't move anyway other than anvil)
iron breakers move towards ogers
anvil moves miners
cannon misses knights
thunders miss knights
organ gun/ other thunders out of range

3rd turn- woc
Knights charge warriors
ogers rally
warshine gives +1 streath to marauders (at last something good!)
combat
Exalted smachers thane in face (4 attacks/ 3 hits/ 3 wounds!) dwarf warriors lose by lots and are run down (includeing 2 5+ regenerates from 2 wounds on the marauders)
warriors with sorcer lord and sorcer smach longbards and are run down

4th turn
ironbreaker charge ogers
miners move towards rear of marauders/knights
anvil 'misfires' and blows up (:):))
cannon kills 3 of the 4 remaining knights (:mad:)
ogan gun/ thunders take warriors down to 3 warriors and 2 heros
combat
ogers lose and run 3
iron breakers roll 3! (saved by short dwarf legs!!! e.g run 2!)

4th turn WOC
movement
knight chargers organ gun
marauders turn to face miners
warriors turn to face thunders
ogers rally!
magic
gatwayed the thunders, killed 4
burbosed the miner chapion
burbosed a thunder
flickering fired the cannon and killed it!
knight kills 1 crewmen
2 crew kill a knight
marauders kill miners

we decide to end it there!
solid victory to the WOC

selone
19-04-2009, 14:19
Heya, thansk for the report and grats on your victory with a slightly more interesting list than the norm. Speaking of list are my eyes deceiving me or have you missed off your knights off the list :)?

danny-d-b
20-04-2009, 15:42
Heya, thansk for the report and grats on your victory with a slightly more interesting list than the norm. Speaking of list are my eyes deceiving me or have you missed off your knights off the list :)?

not a problem, added the knights to the list (darn)
hopeing to have a game against the new lizards next week!

not sure if I need to change the list, the dwarf players was moneing that I had the most broken list ever! (then agaig I spent most of my time telling him the rules for dwarfs!)

Kerill
20-04-2009, 17:27
Thanks for the report, nice to see some more WOC battle reports on here :)

I wouldn't say your list is cheesey but it is character heavy, but it seems to work for you so why not?

Malorian
20-04-2009, 17:37
Interesting enough a character heavy WoC army should have had a lot of trouble with dwarfs, but they didn't have that many warmahcines and it never helps when your anvil blows up ;)

Nice first game and here's hoping you keep up the slaughter :)

untimention
20-04-2009, 18:15
Great Game, Solid victory... ,my all mounted WOC army should be done soon enough so i hope to play

danny-d-b
20-04-2009, 18:27
Interesting enough a character heavy WoC army should have had a lot of trouble with dwarfs, but they didn't have that many warmahcines and it never helps when your anvil blows up ;)

Nice first game and here's hoping you keep up the slaughter :)
thanks- well have to say the guy just can't seem to play dwarfs, played empire, did quite well, then stoped them to do dwarfs and is yet to win a game, possibly cos it seams to take him an age to learn the rules for them!

Great Game, Solid victory... ,my all mounted WOC army should be done soon enough so i hope to play
thanks!
blocks of infantry have always ment more to me than small units of cavelry, after all, how many armys in history where all cavalary?

Malorian
20-04-2009, 18:29
blocks of infantry have always ment more to me than small units of cavelry, after all, how many armys in history where all cavalary?

Mongols are the ones that come to mind.

danny-d-b
20-04-2009, 19:00
Mongols are the ones that come to mind.

and lets see
how many army's torderment lists are cavelry heavy?
I'd say most!