PDA

View Full Version : IG GW pre-orders

Gedara
19-04-2009, 22:12
Hi Guys

Anyone received their new Guard pre-orders from GW yet?

I'm off on holiday this week and come home after release. So if delivery is looking unlikely I might as well cancel, drink the proceeds while away and get the stuff cheaper from an indy when I return!

soul destroyer
19-04-2009, 23:17
Still waiting for mine, maybe here this week with any luck.

Imperius
19-04-2009, 23:32
I thought they come on May 2nd?

Lord Cook
20-04-2009, 01:28
It's my understanding that the pre-orders are only sent out on the 2nd May. Some, like the regimental advisors, will be about the middle of May.

tuebor
20-04-2009, 01:41
I thought pre-orders were mailed early so they'd arrive around the release date. I've never pre-ordered anything but I'm sure I recall people getting things early when they pre-ordered them.

SirSnipes
20-04-2009, 01:48
i got my codex yesterday :S

solkan
20-04-2009, 01:51
In the past, various pre-orders have been shipped out early, although it has been unclear whether that was because those pre-orders went out with the shipments to distributors and retailers, or whether it was just a result of being sent out in anticipation of shipping delay and then not seeing any shipping delays.

tuebor
20-04-2009, 02:01
In the past, various pre-orders have been shipped out early, although it has been unclear whether that was because those pre-orders went out with the shipments to distributors and retailers, or whether it was just a result of being sent out in anticipation of shipping delay and then not seeing any shipping delays.

Ah, thanks. I pre-ordered the codex and several command squad boxes so hopefully I'll get them in the not too distant future.

jason_sation
20-04-2009, 02:15
For some reason, the GW I go to can't have me pre-order the new Guard stuff, so I have to Direct Order it and have it sent to the store, if I want it a couple of days early.

sigur
20-04-2009, 10:40
Funny, when I preordered my codex and some shinies, I couldn't have it delivered to the store because the online ordering thingie on GW's website (i used the terminal at the GW store) wouldn't let me choose "my" GW store I want to have it sent to.

Gedara
20-04-2009, 18:53
When Assault at Black reach was released a friendly store manager allowed me to pre-order one into the store for collection but let me take one of the one's he had in stock. This was about two weeks before release.

Perhaps the regional management have cottoned on to this "opportunity" so are now preventing this from being done?

Anyone else got their new shiny guard?

Captain Micha
20-04-2009, 19:03
No codex yet.....

tuebor
20-04-2009, 20:58
Funny, when I preordered my codex and some shinies, I couldn't have it delivered to the store because the online ordering thingie on GW's website (i used the terminal at the GW store) wouldn't let me choose "my" GW store I want to have it sent to.

I just had it mailed to my house because the nearest GW store is a bit over 100 miles away and my FLGS took from December to March to get me some of the 20 man IG boxes.