PDA

View Full Version : 2k dead stiffs and 2 options

Gharof von Carstein
20-04-2009, 12:51
So iv been to a tournament again and blood knights and such really didnt work for me AT all. its just too big a point sink...

so iv gone for 2 more lists. note these are ment to be competitive and arent some fluff list iv put together in 5 min. These are ment to win tournaments so i will hopefully win on the overall ranking of belgium and the netherlands. when criticising these lists keep this in mind. If you think you can come up with something more competitive than plz be my guest.

without further ado:

LIST NR 1
Vampire Lord
-Magic level
-Master of the black arts
-Forbidden lore
-Summon ghouls
-Flayed Hauberk
-crown of the damned
=415p

Vampire
-Dark acolyte
-black periapt
= 165p

Vampire
-Dark acolyte
-Book of arkhan
=185p

Necromancer
-extra spell (raise dead/vanhels)
-Sceptre de noirot
-Corpse cart w/balefire
=185p

Ghouls x15
-Ghast
=128p

Ghouls x15
-Ghast
=128p

Ghouls x13
-Ghast
=114p

Black knights x 6
-bannerwearer
-Banner of the dead legion
-musician
-barding
=217p

Black Knights x6
-bannerwearer
-Banner of hellfire
-musician
-barding
=202p

Varghulf
=175p

= 2000p

LIST NR 2
Vamp lord
-forbidden lore
-summon ghouls
-crown of the damned
-flayed hauberk,
-+magic level
= 415p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-summon ghouls
-black periapt
= 160p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-book of arkhan
= 185

necromancer
-extra spell (vanhels, IoN)
-corpse cart with balefire
= 170p

Ghouls + Ghast x 15 = 128p
Ghouls + Ghast x 10 = 88p

Corpse cart + balefire = 100p

Black knights x6
-bannerwearer
-banner of the strigoi
-musician
= 227p

Varghulf = 175p
Varghulf = 175p

= 1999p

Malorian
20-04-2009, 20:11
I like the first list more.

Not too hot on the idea of a necromancer on the cart unless you plan to put it in the bunker. Otherwise he is either a target in combat or a target for warmachines.

Then if you are going to have a bunker I would drop the ghast and bring it down to 10 and drop the forbidden lore (you know I'm almost always against it) and finally drop the necromancer (keeping the cart).

With those points you can get a vampire with master of the black arts who can be your specialized raiser for your knights (more dice is always best for this). Then I'd try and find a way to give this new vampire the helm of commandment to makes those knights better (dropping the flaming banner and the two musicians should do it).

Then deploy: Table edge, both knight units w/ bunker behind w/ helm vamp, varg, ghouls w, book vamp, cart, ghouls w/ lord and periapt vamp.

Should work out well. (Are you getting tired of me telling you to play refused flank?)

Gharof von Carstein
21-04-2009, 05:02
never mal :) ill try it out this wednesday so i can see it it has any merit. thx for your advice pal.

Gharof von Carstein
21-04-2009, 13:05
After some commentary from friends i figured id post what i will probably be using after all and will be testing coming wednesday at a local gaming club. looks solid to me but hey im the one asking for help right? :)

Vamp lord
-forbidden lore
-summon ghouls
-flayed hauberk
-+magic level
= 395p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-summon ghouls
-black periapt
= 160p

vampire
-dark acolyte
-book of arkhan
= 185p

Necromancer
-vanhels
-corpse cart with balefire
-power stone
= 175p

Ghouls + Ghast x 15 = 128p
Ghouls + Ghast x 13 = 112p

Corpse cart + balefire = 100p

Black knights x6
-bannerwearer
-banner of the strigoi
= 219p

Varghulf = 175p
Varghulf = 175p

= 2000p

Gharof von Carstein
23-04-2009, 17:07
i played with this list and the local gaming club and it performed far better than i had dared to expect. the only grudge i have is that i would rather have had a stronger assault unit and core than i had. my ghouls were swept away left and right and this had shown me that the idea of 4 core so small has no hope of working. another thing is that most people will have some way of getting to your bunker and targeting your lord. he needs protection desperatly. i dont know if i might mount my lord on a hellsteed and try to keep him out of combat easier this way and protect him from magic and shooting with wristbands of black gold.

too much to consider...