PDA

View Full Version : Comp/Rate my 2K Daemon List

Aflo
20-04-2009, 15:54
Hi all

I'm thinking about making a daemon army as a side-gig to my Empire.

I really want to avoid the abusive lists that people howl and moan about when it comes to daemons, so I've deliberately avoided units of flesh hounds, flamers, greater daemons, special characters and excessive magic and even taken a points handicap (demon prince :D).

In terms of theme, the army will look all Tzeentch. What I'm looking to do is fully convert the army, scratch-sculpting many pieces, so every model is a unique daemon, a seperate entity formed from the essence of Tzeentch. Just incase you were looking to get the fluff monkeys on my ass about mixing gods :D

Demon Prince

Level 2 Wizard
Immortal Fury
Soul Hunger
Winged Horror

Herald of Tzeentch

Chariot of Tzeentch
Master of Sorcery

Herald of Nurgle

Level 1 Wizard
Palanquin
Slime Trail

10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

16 x Plaguebearers of Nurgle

Full Command

5 x Furies

5 x Furies

5 x Seekers of Slaanesh

3 x Bloodcrushers of Khorne

Standard Bearer

2 x Beasts of Nurgle

Total: 2012 points

Obviously I need to shave those 12 points (I make it a policy of mine not to go 1 point over), but I can't really see how... Maybe know a plaguebearer off? Hmmm, not sure.

Tell me what you think of the list both comp wise and how well it could stand up against standerd tournie fare in a comped environment.

Cheers
Adam

Aflo
21-04-2009, 19:55
Still looking for feedback - pretty please :p

Paz
21-04-2009, 20:02
hmm, maybe drop 1 beast or bloodcrusher and give spellbreaker gift to your mage? army list it's ok. Fun, I like that.

Da_Viking
22-04-2009, 16:30
I dont understand why you would give your HoT a Chariot. One Str7 hit and bye bye.

Other then that a decent list.

Changes I would make would be to drop one unit of furies and the Chariot and add more Horrors or Seekers.

But then again I play an abusive list.
Kairos, Blue Scribes, 2 Heralds (Power Vortex), 29 Horrors, 10 Horrors, 10 Horrors, 6 Flamers, 5 Flamers

Aflo
24-04-2009, 14:30
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Yeh, I've heard the spellbreaker-master of sorcery combo is a good one, I'm just having a hard time cutting points.. Thing is if I drop a bloodcrusher, the unit is really quite fragile and their potency very swiftly nulified and dropping a beast of nurgle means they can't really perform a tarpitting role... Maybe drop a unit of furies? They're there for fodder and air support mostly.

The HoT is on the chariot mostly for aesthetics :D I thought he'd make a nice tag team combo with the demon prince, with the 2 units of furies taking out/tieing up/dying to enemy warmachines. Are they really bad?

So I'm thinking drop a unit of furies, lose the 12 points I'm over, add spellbreaker to my HoT and then bump my remaining unit of furies to 7?