PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Forgeworld Executioner

jax40kplyr1
20-04-2009, 17:55
Checking on the Forgeworld Executioner (exchange rates figuring in), does anyone else notice that the complete model kit costs $40 US? Same cost as a Leman Russ. Is there something new and cheap coming out soon that justifies this or is the British Pound just that low on the exchange rate?

Steel Legion for Life
20-04-2009, 17:56
It's just the exchange rate.

Sterling has basically collapsed. In fact, over the past year the pound has fallen by about 25% against a basket of currencies. As someone once said: "A weak currency arises from a weak economy which in turn is the result of a weak government."

I'm not sure Gordon Brown likes being reminded of his 1992 quote these days, but he wasn't far wrong then and he'd be bang on the money now.

Mannimarco
20-04-2009, 17:58
british pound is low, damn the state of the current economic climate! but seriously, im not sure if there is a new turret coming out, it would stand to reason there is after all they wouldnt put it in the book but not have a model for it

dang i got ninjad

Chem-Dog
20-04-2009, 18:07
Which Executioner? The original "gun stolen off of a Imperator" one or the newer modified ryza "wang cannon" pattern?

If my Armageddon pattern Basilisk is anything to go by, you'll loose the "normal gun" components, so you'll only be able to make the FW version.

Korras
20-04-2009, 18:08
the exchange rate makes the forgeworld turrets quite affordable. so far, I got three of them (Executioner, regular russ, and Vanquisher), and will extend that. though I prefer the Ryza turrets over the other turrets FW has.

Bunnahabhain
20-04-2009, 18:09
Exchange rate.

Also the complete FW Russ kits have always been only marginally ( ie about 10%, in ) more expensive than the stock Russ