PDA

View Full Version : question about Orc conversions

bigunns
20-04-2009, 20:09
If i have a unit of reg boyz can i just slap em on a boar to convert them to boar boys or will there be sum type of conflict???

Stuffburger
21-04-2009, 04:06
The legs won't fit, if that's what you're asking. They would have to be pretty extensively converted to look good since they're both too narrow and at the wrong angle.

Also, if you want more replies please try to give more detail and proofread your post before posting.

Nephilim of Sin
21-04-2009, 05:01
What Stuffburger said. Believe me, I tried, and even with GS, it doesn't look the greatest. What most of us do is use the plastic mounted legs from the command sprue, which you might be able to find enough through trading, bitz sites, or e-bay. As well, they need to be armed accordingly, so it would be better to have them either armed with a spear, or at least have a spear on the model (not because of WYSIWYG, but really because it looks better).

Braad
21-04-2009, 07:25
Actually, I did...
They're in my log, if you like to see them.
While I was working on them: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142576
Painted: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142576&page=7

How I did it:
Bought a box of plastic boyz for the bodies.
In that same box, in the command sprue, there is one pair of legs made to ride boars... so I took those, and all others I gathered over the years, gathered a bunch more from e-bay, including a bunch of boars, and there you go! Boar boyz.

I also placed them in a slight V-shaped formation, to avoid the tips of their feet from being in each other way.

Makes perfect boar boyz!

bigunns
07-05-2009, 21:02
i did it without all the rider legs... they look good as well

Braad
08-05-2009, 00:50
Show 'm! Maybe even start a blog... Always nice to see cool new stuff.

Da GoBBo
08-05-2009, 01:05
If i have a unit of reg boyz can i just slap em on a boar to convert them to boar boys or will there be sum type of conflict???

Hiiihaaaaa, slap em on a boar!!! The hand of Gork knows no limit. ... I'd love to see ye convert this :)

Btw Braad, I love those spiders of yours. Good colours, good paintjob. I love em.

Duke Georgal
08-05-2009, 01:59
I did this back when you could bitz order!

Ork Command Sprue: $5.00
Boar Body Sprue: $2.00
Boar Head/Tail Sprue: $1.00

There, for $8.00 you got an awesome looking Boar Boy and all kind of extra bits. This was when boar rider blisters cost $9.00 and looked like garbage.

A total win/win situation for me!

Braad
08-05-2009, 07:19
It would be so easy for GW to do something with this...

Avian
08-05-2009, 16:01
Judging by the 3up plastic boar we saw a little while ago, it appears that we are getting plastic Boar Boyz soon enough, so there would be little point in it for them.

Ultimate Life Form
08-05-2009, 16:03
Judging by the 3up plastic boar we saw a little while ago, it appears that we are getting plastic Boar Boyz soon enough, so there would be little point in it for them.

Do you think? Do you reallyreallyreally? Oh, that makes me so excited!:D

So I can finally get my Orc Zombie Cavalry. (The mounts are plastic, but itīs the riders that need conversion:()

Dag
08-05-2009, 19:11
boar boyz need a buff before being made into plastics, maybe blork boars? str 5 1+armour ? its?

Griefbringer
08-05-2009, 19:56
There is always the option to go for the "Orcy Python and the Quest for the Holy WAAARGH" approach.

For this you will need a 25x50mm base and two plastic orcs. Glue the orcs to the base, with first orc wielding a spear and the second one clapping two coconut halves.

Braad
08-05-2009, 21:11
And instead of 'animosity' they test to see if they discuss the migratory patterns of swallows...

Da GoBBo
09-05-2009, 02:29
African or european?

BattleofLund
09-05-2009, 02:34
African or european?

Oh I ain't falling for that one! :D