PDA

View Full Version : magical attacks

The Blades of reason
20-04-2009, 19:44
do magical attacks have any effect
because from what i know some people can only be affected by them and other reduce them to mudane, can actually do anything useful?

huitzilopochtli
20-04-2009, 19:54
Well, they affect things that are only affected by magical attacks. ;) Ethereal stuff, etc. They also negate forest spirit ward saves IRRC and they have an effect on (or are affected by) some magical items. That's about it really. The rule itself doesn't give you any other bonuses. :)

Necromancy Black
20-04-2009, 23:26
The rule itself does not technically exist. Stupid GW.

Harwammer
21-04-2009, 09:37
Only things that explicitly state 'magic attacks' have magic attacks. It is a common misconception that spells or magic items make magic attacks. They are never ascribed such a rule, though apparently some rules such as ethereal and tree spirits are worded to be affected by these.

Examples of models with magic attacks are DoC daemons and tree spirits. Outside of these there are not many sources of magic attacks. Consequently, Armour of Morsleib is super-effective.

/Sarcasm

The Red Scourge
21-04-2009, 10:58
Examples of models with magic attacks are DoC daemons and tree spirits. Outside of these there are not many sources of magic attacks. Consequently, Armour of Morsleib is super-effective.

You're not serious, are you? :)

Atrahasis
21-04-2009, 11:08
/Sarcasm

You're not serious, are you? :)
Let's see now...

Lord Yawgmoth
21-04-2009, 16:40
0) A special rule exists, called 'Magical Attacks', it has no further effect unless otherwise noted. Sometimes this rule is referred to as 'magical attacks' or 'Magical' or 'magical'.

1) All spells that deal damage are Magical Attacks.
2) All magical items that deal damage in some way are Magical Attacks.

Lets all agree to believe that these rules exist,
and to persecute those who lack.... faith.

VC Billy
21-04-2009, 17:00
Agreed :)

Necromancy Black
21-04-2009, 22:20
It would be better to say everything within the Magic section of the rulebook and anything that only happens in the magic phase is magical, to cover all bases. I don't want to see etheral vampires saying they can't be affected by miscasts again because they don't do magical attacks.

Lord Yawgmoth
22-04-2009, 14:26
It would be better to say everything within the Magic section of the rulebook and anything that only happens in the magic phase is magical, to cover all bases. I don't want to see etheral vampires saying they can't be affected by miscasts again because they don't do magical attacks.

you would, of course, include Magic Items as well presumably.

:angel: I forgot about the whole miscast thing myself.

EDIT: then again, ethereal doesn't give you immunity to mundane Effects (except movement pen.), just mundane attacks. So really the vamp would just not suffer the Sx hit, not toooooooo broken.

reEdit: Unless there is something im missing.