PDA

View Full Version : Light Armor

Elblanco
20-04-2009, 19:57
I was looking through my lizardmen book and remembered that scar vets and old blood have the option of light armor. When I looked it up in the main book, it didn't say anything about actually adding to the armor save(if the model already has one) and I also looked at the scaly skin rule and it only mentioned shields.

So my question is, should you waste the point, although minimal, on giving an oldblood or scar-vet, light armor? Or does it really add to the armor save?

Bretonnian Lord
20-04-2009, 20:00
Light Armor adds +1 to the Armor Save.

So if your Scar Vet has a 5+ save from scaly skin, wearing light armor would increase it to 4+. Then you could add shields and other items as normal.

Imo, the extra 1 point is definitely worth it.

Mercules
20-04-2009, 20:02
Light Armor stacks on the Scale Skin Armor Save. So the Scar-Vet is 5+ with his Scaly Skin save, 4+ with the addition of Light Armor, 3+ with a shield, and 2+ in close combat to the front while using a HW&Shield. Definately worth having the Light Armor.

Elblanco
20-04-2009, 20:11
ok cool, i wasn't sure if the light armor actually added to the save or not, since I couldn't find it written anywhere.

Mercules
20-04-2009, 20:35
ok cool, i wasn't sure if the light armor actually added to the save or not, since I couldn't find it written anywhere.

Pg. 96 of the BRB under the Scaly Skin rules it explicitly states armor combines with Scaly Skin. Yes the example is a shield, but armor means light and heavy armor too.

stripsteak
20-04-2009, 20:38
its on pg 96 'scaly skin can be combined with armour'