PDA

View Full Version : few more questions plz:)

Eulogy2
21-04-2009, 02:24
1.) my 2 krox/16 skink unit charge 7 orc boyz, orc boyz pass thier fear test. i win combat and only 3 orc boyz are left, do they still auto break because i out number with what i assume is fear unit str 6(2 krox), and his unit str is 3 even though they passed the initial fear test?

2.) chariots in combat...we assumed i attack against the highest weapon skill on his chariot (3), and then roll to wound against the toughness of the chariot(5)?

3.) great cave squiq mount.....if i shoot and kill his warboss on it, which i did...does it take a monster reaction table? or go wild as per the squig herd rules? it doesnt really say anything about the cave squig.

Mercules
21-04-2009, 03:08
1. Yes... if at the end of Combat Resolution you win and outnumber his unit with Fear causing models(by US) then he auto breaks. Just remember he still gets to roll and if he rolls 2 then he doesn't break per the Insane Courage rule.

2. Yep.

3. It is a Monstrous Mount. Therefor if you shoot and kill his Warbos it makes a Monster Reaction check.

Eulogy2
21-04-2009, 03:34
cool, i thought he was suppose to auto break, but he thought because he passed his test he no longer feared them. it really didnt matter cause he still needed 1's to pass the test as he lost combat by alot, so i let him go with it that way and we played that way the rest of the game.

the other two were played correctly then, thank you.

Mercules
21-04-2009, 04:02
Passing the Fear test just allows him to avoid the bad effects from that check. On a Charge it lets him move, on receiving a charge it means he doesn't Flee automatically or doesn't hit only on 6s.

The psychology rules need to be read a few times over.

Lord Zarkov
21-04-2009, 15:54
It's also worth noting that Auto Break is still ignored by rolling snake eyes on the break test.

Eulogy2
21-04-2009, 16:04
ya that part i knew, thanks