PDA

View Full Version : Can a Chaos champion pass his abilities to the unit

moonlightpines
05-05-2005, 11:31
If a Chaos undivided champion (Ld8) is leading a unit of Ogres and the unit fail's it's panic test (testing on Ld8) can the unit use the champions special (Chaos undivided) re-roll psychology ability?

If not then he will panic as well as he moves with the unit.

Sylass
05-05-2005, 12:08
Nope, the unit can't use the reroll.

My undivided beastmen army had to suffer from that countless times...creates odd situations where it's sometimes better to split the character from a unit.

E.g. Terror causing creature near you: Split general from the unit of Gors/Ungors and he gets to test on LD8 twice. In addition the unit can test on LD8 once.

If you don't seperate them you get a single LD8 test and if that fails, both, the unit and the character will flee.

Q: If a character with the Mark of Chaos Undivided joins a unit of Marauders, can that unit then re-roll failed psychology tests?
A: No

Lord Lucifer
05-05-2005, 12:24
It's even better when GW forget that Stubborn characters don't grant the Stubborn rule to the units they accompany (Kislev Boyars, the Lion Guard honour...)
Mildly frustrating that :p

(no doubt there's a reason justifying the Lion Guard and Boyar thing that I'm not recalling at the present moment)

Major Defense
05-05-2005, 21:07
It's even better when GW forget that Stubborn characters don't grant the Stubborn rule to the units they accompany (Kislev Boyars, the Lion Guard honour...)
Mildly frustrating that :p

(no doubt there's a reason justifying the Lion Guard and Boyar thing that I'm not recalling at the present moment)

I'm not sure what you mean there. The Lion Guard honor *does* grant the stubborn rule to the unit accompanied by that character. That's the whole *******' point of it.

Crazy Harborc
06-05-2005, 00:35
I seem to remember that most/all the special "confers it to the unit too" items/abilities, hero used items do say in the description IF the "whatever" is conferred to the unit too.

Lord Lucifer
06-05-2005, 01:13
Major Defense, read the third sentence of my post ;)

:0)
06-05-2005, 04:38
If a Chaos undivided champion (Ld8) is leading a unit of Ogres [snip]

Huh? That's an interesting use for a Chaos champ.