PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about taking allies

TwilightOdyssey
21-04-2009, 14:52
QUESTION 1.
According to the rules, you can take up to 25% of your points total in allies. However, for each unit type there is also a limit (1-6, for example).

My question is: Is that limit for your main army only or does it apply to your allies as well?

For example, if I am playing Dwarves and I take a common formation from Gondor as an ally, am I limited to 6 formations maximum?

QUESTION 2.
Can I take allies from more than one army list as long as I don't exceed 25% of my points total?

For example, if I am playing Dwarves, and I can take allies from Gondor and Elves?

The Adept
21-04-2009, 15:12
Yes and yes.

TwilightOdyssey
21-04-2009, 15:15
Thank you! :)

Emissary
21-04-2009, 15:16
For example, if I am playing Dwarves and I take a common formation from Gondor as an ally, am I limited to 6 formations maximum?

Just incase there's some confusion, it's 1-6 companies per formation. You can have as many of any common formation that you want and each entry will tell you how many companies you can have per formation.

TwilightOdyssey
21-04-2009, 15:32
Aaahhh ... so it's unlimited [Common] formations (within points limits), so long as I adhere to the rules in the company-per-formation box?

Emissary
21-04-2009, 15:35
Yup. It's also unlimited rare formations as long as your total rare formations don't exceed the number of common formations and the total rare companies does not exceed the number of common companies. The only things that are limited in any way are legendary formations and epic heroes being limited to 1 per (and 1 version of a hero where applicable.)

TwilightOdyssey
21-04-2009, 15:42
Thank you, Emissary. You da man! :)

Leonathion
21-04-2009, 19:53
Yup. It's also unlimited rare formations as long as your total rare formations don't exceed the number of common formations

Would that be allied common formations or total common formations?

rodmillard
21-04-2009, 21:48
Do you have to take a common formation from your allied list for each rare, or does it not matter as long as you have enough common formations in total? So (for example) could I add a unit of Morghul Knights from the Fallen Realms to my Mordor army as long as I had enough common units in the Mordor list, or would i have to take a common unit from the Fallen Realms as well?

Faeslayer
21-04-2009, 21:53
Do you have to take a common formation from your allied list for each rare, or does it not matter as long as you have enough common formations in total? So (for example) could I add a unit of Morghul Knights from the Fallen Realms to my Mordor army as long as I had enough common units in the Mordor list, or would i have to take a common unit from the Fallen Realms as well?

Pretty sure the common=>rare thing applies to the whole army- all of your allies can be rare, so long as the common companies outnumber the rare companies in the overall resulting army.

Emissary
21-04-2009, 23:27
Pretty sure the common=>rare thing applies to the whole army- all of your allies can be rare, so long as the common companies outnumber the rare companies in the overall resulting army.

Yup, doesn't matter if the allies are common or rare. Just matters for the army overall.