PDA

View Full Version : My demonic legion list...

backslide
05-05-2005, 11:55
what I've been using latly just wondering what people think..

1 Lord of Change @ 665 Pts
Magic Level 4; Lore of Tzeentch

1 Daemonic Herald @ 335 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch
mounted on Chariot of Tzeentch @ [140] Pts

1 Chariot of Tzeentch @ 140 Pts

12 Horrors @ 229 Pts
with Champion @ [49] Pts

12 Horrors @ 229 Pts
with Champion @ [49] Pts

11 Horrors @ 229 Pts
with Champion @ [49] Pts

3 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 99 Pts

3 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 99 Pts

Casting Pool: 11

Dispel Pool: 8

Models in Army: 43

Total Army Cost: 2010

I know it's over 2k but it's not a touney list. This list is yet not to massacre on sunday the LOC died and I still won a massacre buy 1900 VP's

I normally lose a unit of horros and a unit of screamers.

(In NZ we use the 3K table for victory pionts so 1800 points is needed for a massicure)

HighElfGeneral
05-05-2005, 12:57
have u ever thought of making the herald a bsb, and make him go hand in hand with ur greater daemon? because u'll get to reroll ur instability roll when he screws up in combat. plus if u give him a war banner, he becomes very scary(but about 400pts).

just a thought

Riddy
05-05-2005, 13:08
have u ever thought of making the herald a bsb, and make him go hand in hand with ur greater daemon? because u'll get to reroll ur instability roll when he screws up in combat. plus if u give him a war banner, he becomes very scary(but about 400pts).

just a thought

As the herald is in a flying chariot and the LoC can negate ranks i would say that there isn't much need for the banner, just stick the LoC in the flank or rear and the chariot in next to him, they are either losing by one or drawing (Std+outnumber vs flank or rear) and one wound isn't exactly difficult with 3S5, 4S4, impact hits and a LoC to attack.

Basically what i am saying is the list is a typical tzeench daemon list and doesn't need changing if you know how to use it.

Gop
23-01-2007, 21:27
So Riddy, how do you use your list generally? It's always nice to share tactical ideas eg. setting up, general strategy etc.

theDarkGeneral
25-01-2007, 18:05
Well, since I play mostly Daemonic Legions for Tournaments, and use a few Tzeentch units in my list I have some thoughts...

You're missing the two most powerful units available to this type of list...Flamers of Tzeentch and Changebringers...these things rock!

Also, on your Horror units, I'd recommend going to 18 strong for both theme and power...upgrade 1 guy to a Lvl 1 Tzeentch spellcaster...

Hope this helps...

beastgod
25-01-2007, 20:05
Can an tzeentch herald in an chariot negate rankbonus, i thought that the chariot have just US 3 in its rules... thats it specifiked to that chariot, but have I wrong maybe?

dominic_carrillo
25-01-2007, 23:45
i think a few spawns of tzeentch would be nice
if they dont make it into combat they can still barf

theDarkGeneral
25-01-2007, 23:46
No, it can't negate the Rank bonus, but the fact that he can Fly in it makes him very dangerous...

Negativemoney
26-01-2007, 12:17
Well, since I play mostly Daemonic Legions for Tournaments, and use a few Tzeentch units in my list I have some thoughts...

You're missing the two most powerful units available to this type of list...Flamers of Tzeentch and Changebringers...these things rock!

Also, on your Horror units, I'd recommend going to 18 strong for both theme and power...upgrade 1 guy to a Lvl 1 Tzeentch spellcaster...

Hope this helps...

I am going to agree with theDarkGeneral here. The strength in Tzeentch DL (in 7th) is its ablity to out shoot any other army while being 100% mobile. Flamers and Changebringers are the 2 strongest units in the Tzeentch DL army. 2 18 Strong blocks of Horros is tough to deal with for any one. That is 2 PL 9 D6 S4 magic missiles at the beggining of every magic phase. The reason for having only 1 champion is because you only have 2 dice in the pool and you don't want to waste points on a wizard that will have a 33% chance of casting a base magic missile which is even more random than the casting roll it self.

The BSB in any DL army is key when you lack the ablitly to generate combat res in HtH. I say this because I have seen (more times than I can count) a GD either get charged or Charges a units wiffs and then poofs. With the BSB you will have a better chance to stick around if your dice fail you one round of HtH.

backslide
26-01-2007, 13:44
06-05-2005 01:55 started... 27-01-2007 02:17

thread necromancy anyone?

got really bord with this list gave me no challenge at all, actually swaped the army for a whole lot of high elves, been having lots of fun with them:)