PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch daemons - 2000pts

Time of Madness
21-04-2009, 22:42
I was using a pure Tzeentch army when the book was released. Here's what I was taking

Herald (general)
- Master of Sorcery
- Winged Horror
= 160pts

Herald (bsb)
- Standard of Chaos Glory
- Master of Sorcery
- Winged Horror
= 310pts

29 Horrors
*General here*
- Full Command
- Banner of Change
= 403pts

29 Horrors
*Bsb here
- Full Command
- Icon of Sorcery
= 393pts

10 Horrors
= 120pts

10 Horrors
= 120pts

4 Screamers
= 120pts

3 Screamers
= 90pts

4 Flamers
= 140pts

4 Flamers
= 140pts

Total points = 1996pts

Casting Dice - 14
Dispel Dice - 10

The list in my opinion is not as over powered as the point denial based lists. My plan is basically to surged forward attempting to get into combat asap. The Heralds will usually take beasts for bears anger. This limits my magic missles to only 4 a turn (the 4 horror units).
Time of Madness

Da_Viking
22-04-2009, 16:17
You want to get into combat???? What are ya nuts??? (no offennse meant but...)
You have a heavy magic army with plenty of casting ability. In combat is not where you want to be. Screamers cannot hit anything in combat with their special attack.
Screamers and Flamers are not that great in combat.

Once your smaller Horror units are dead then you are going to get flanked and then you are going to be making a lot of rolls versus your (stubborn) leadership.

You have given your Heralds the ability to fly which if they use mean they are no longer giving your horrors the 4+ ward.

If in combat you cannot cast a magic missile.

And most people that have played against Tzeentch Daemons know to attack the Heralds first.

You may want to rethink your tactical plan.

Time of Madness
22-04-2009, 18:57
Well I think you have underestimated the combat ability of Horror based list ;)

The horrors still have the ability to pump out at least 4 magic missiles a turn (2 bolt of changes and 2 fires of tzeentch). I plan on at least getting 2 rounds of shooting in before engaging.

The heralds usually take beasts giving them access to Bears Anger. This turns then into combat monsters at 5 S5 attacks with +1T. The ability to fly allows me to strike without my opponent expecting it and to get out of trouble when I need to. Most people allow the bears anger spells to go through.

The screamers/flamers/small unit of horrors will all act as flanking units for my main blocks of horrors.

Stubborn horrors with a 4+ ward save seem to stick around a long time.
Time of Madness

Da_Viking
24-04-2009, 18:02
Just remember that your stubborn banner makes my Daemons stubborn too!

fubukii
24-04-2009, 22:44
i would drop the screamers for more flamers and or furies, drop the stubborn banner unless you really want it, the bound spell banner is pretty good in a tzeentchian army..

Browncastle
25-04-2009, 01:47
Looks good, remeber guys that the big blocks of horrors also got the gift of chaos spell. So everything even in combat witin 12" are hit. d6s d6h thats quite powerful and with stubborn banner they wont go so fast away nice list.