PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy Daemons, is it possible? - An experiment at 2250 points

happy_doctor
22-04-2009, 03:31
Greetings!

Like many of you, I like playing around with army builds and coming up with crazy ideas for various armies. Again, like most of you, I despise tournament daemon armies for sucking the fun out of the game.

So, while combining the 2 aforementioned attributes, a question dawned in me: Is it possible to build a fun, themed daemons army?

From what I have read in forums, there are some rules towards "friendly" daemons:
-Limit Flesh Hounds, Flamers, Plaguebearers with Heralds and Horrors
-Avoid Greater Daemons
-Limit magical output
-Limit chaos gifts, only once each

Now, to make it "fluffy" as well, there are certain further points to take into consideration:
-No combinations of gods that hate each other (Slaanesh-Khorne/ Tzeentch-Nurgle)
-No combinations of gods unless your general is undivided (no mark)
-Use a Daemon Prince
-All units that can, must have Banners (it's no fun sweating to kill a daemon unit in combat, only to find out you just got 150 points)
-All unit sizes are to be dictated by the chosen numbers of their respective gods

With all that in mind, I came up with the following list:

Daemons of Chaos, 2250 points

HEROES
-Daemon Prince, Undivided, Lvl 1, Winged Horror, Iredescent Corona, Enrapturing Gaze
-Herald of Tzeentch, BSB

CORE
-12 Daemonettes, Full Command
-12 Daemonettes, Full Command, Siren Standard
-27 Horrors, Full Command, Icon of Sorcery
-10 Furies
-10 Furies

SPECIAL
-6 Screamers of Tzeentch
-6 Seekers of Slaanesh, Full Command
-6 Seekers of Slaanesh, Standard, Musician

RARE
-3 Flamers of Tzeentch
-2 Fiends of Slaanesh

Total: 2249 points

Despite all my efforts, the list seems quite hard to me, with decent magic and really fast units. However, it is more of a finesse army than your run of the mill daemon list and will require coordination to work properly.

So, what are your thoughts on the subject?

-Are the "composition" rules I imposed on myself sufficient?
-As a Daemons player, would you be willing to use the same restrictions as well?
-Would you have fun playing against this kind of army?
-Any abusive combinations that I haven't noticed so far?

Looking forward to reading your opinions!

Happy_doctor