PDA

View Full Version : 2k - Lizzys

Kaney
22-04-2009, 04:07
Hey there, im new to fantasy and was hopin u could give me a hand with this slow Lizzy army.

Lord

Slaan Mage-Priest - Focus of Mystery, The Focused Rumination, The Becalming Cogitation, Divine Plaque of Protection, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Bane Head - 470

Hero

Skink Cheif - Stegadon War Spear, Ancient Stegadon - 380

Skink Priest - Level 2, Itxi Grubs - 125

Core

18 Sauras Warriors - Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer - 214

18 Sauras Warriors - Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer - 214

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

Special

5 Cold One - 175

20 Temple Guard - Standard Bearer, Jaguar Standard - 346

Rare

-

Now, i know its slow, but im hoping the slaan wil be able to kill the march blokers and bolt machine crews and such.

The stegadon and Cold Ones add some speed to the list and damn, 2d6+1 impact hits, thats mean.

( iv never actually played a gme of fantasy before just watched but i do have the rulebook codex and the old battalian box thingy, an extra box of warriors for twenty man units and a skink preist. )

coldblooded
22-04-2009, 04:51
well for starters u can only have a magic item once in an army list except for the common ones. therefore bothe ur skink chiefs cannot have the steggadon war spear. i would suggest having 2 units of 3 terradons to take out light cav wit drop rocks and to harass the enemy. i would also like to see some skinks as they r the best units for annoying the enemy and protecting ur own troops. well thats just my suggestion try ur list out and see how it goes u can always change it and make adjustments

Kaney
22-04-2009, 05:36
Jeese thx mate.

That was a bit silly of me lol. And yeah ill adjust it and see how i go.

Dark14
22-04-2009, 05:37
magic items can be used once as coldblooded said. the spears cheesy enough once..... i would drop the second chief get a priest on foot and like 12 skirmishers for support or if points allow a salamander

Kaney
22-04-2009, 07:48
Lol. Believe it or not but i made that change before u replied!

Eulogy2
22-04-2009, 11:44
its not bad, though you have alot of points in characters for 2k.

your point totals on the saurus blocks are wrong though(i think)

blackjack
22-04-2009, 16:07
Those spear blocks are 224 not 214pts each.

Kaney
22-04-2009, 17:37
Gah! Ur right man.

Its ok though cause i have heavily modified this list.

One last question though... Do u think an engine of the gods would benefit this list more than the Speardon (cheif/steg)?

coalescence
22-04-2009, 17:50
I'm not sure if the Bane Head works for spells too, I doubt it, so I really can't see the point of the Bane Head on the Slann.

UchihaSasukeKun
22-04-2009, 17:51
Ive been away from WFB for a while so my opinion might be void but i think you have deffinitly sunk too many points into characters for 2k, maybe take away the Stegadon for more skinks?

coalescence
22-04-2009, 18:12
Or get some sallies.

Spirit
22-04-2009, 19:35
Gah! Ur right man.

Its ok though cause i have heavily modified this list.

One last question though... Do u think an engine of the gods would benefit this list more than the Speardon (cheif/steg)?

Engine of the gods is amazing. not only will it keep your slow army alive (5+ ward save) it generates 3 power dice, 2 dispell dice AND shoots the crap out of things. Take it

I'm not sure if the Bane Head works for spells too, I doubt it, so I really can't see the point of the Bane Head on the Slann.

Why do you doubt it? It works for "any wound made by the bearer on the nominated target"

Slann casts spell, spell wounds character, character takes 2 wounds.

Especially good with lore of death or metal, as these can pick out characters.

Also, take 2 power stones, not the cupped hands. You dont really need it there are only 2 miscasts that will bother a slann. Also, why on earth would you want a 2+ save vs shooting on a slann in a unit of temple guard?

He gets a 4+ ward and a 2+ look out sir as it is, don't waste the points.

Ixti grubs are a bit of a waste, take the rod of the storm instead, its power level 6 and kills high armoured things.

coalescence
22-04-2009, 20:06
Why do you doubt it? It works for "any wound made by the bearer on the nominated target"

Slann casts spell, spell wounds character, character takes 2 wounds.

Especially good with lore of death or metal, as these can pick out characters.

I re-read it, you're absolutely right. Gives me alot of new ideas. Thanks for the ephinany ;)