PDA

View Full Version : WoC - Raiding Tribe (2250 Points)

MTUCache
22-04-2009, 04:47
This is a (half) joking list that I put together trying to come up with a fun (somewhat friendly) Marauder list. My basic thoughts were to come up with a WoC list that was comprised almost entirely out of Marauder Cav, representing a Chaos tribe from the Northern Empire region that sweeps in for raids on smaller outlying villages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chaos Lord (Gen) (Steed/Shield) (Mark of Slaanesh)
- Filth Mace
- Black Tongue
- Favor of the Gods
- Diabolic Splendor

Exalted Hero (BSB) (Steed/Shield) (Mark of Slaanesh)
- Doom Totem
- Soporific Musk

Chaos Sorcerer (Steed) (Mark of Slaanesh)
- 2xDispel Scroll

Chaos Sorcerer (Steed) (Mark of Slaanesh)
- Infernal Puppet

Marauder Horsemen x11 (Spears, Light Armor, Shields) (Musician, Standard) (Mark of Slaanesh)
Marauder Horsemen x11 (Spears, Light Armor, Sheilds) (Musician) (Mark of Slaanesh)

Marauder Horsemen x5 (Flails, Light Armor) (Musician) (Mark of Slaanesh)
Marauder Horsemen x5 (Flails, Light Armor) (Musician) (Mark of Slaanesh)
Marauder Horsemen x5 (Flails, Light Armor, Throwing Axes) (Musician) (Mark of Slaanesh)
Marauder Horsemen x5 (Flails, Light Armor, Throwing Axes) (Musician) (Mark of Slaanesh)

Chaos Knights x6 (Musician) (Mark of Slaanesh)
Chaos Knights x6 (Musician) (Mark of Slaanesh)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously this isn't entirely serious, so try to take it with at least a small grain of salt, but I do think it would be a pretty neat army to play.

The 4DD+2Scrolls should hold up long enough to use the BlackTongue/InfernalPuppet combo.

The Doom Totem and Diabolic Splendor will really put a hurting on the opponent's leadership (assuming they're not ItP, which most are nowadays), especially with the Filth Mace. Even a high-leadership army is going to start struggling if they're testing on 7s and 8s consistently, and this would absolutely ravage a low leadership horde army.

That was kind of the feel I was going for anyway... striking fear into the hearts of the enemy, an all cavalry force sweeping in from nowhere to pillage and plunder. :p

Yes, Immune to Psych troops will probably eat it up, as well as heavy-shooting armies, but I still think it would be a scream to play with. For my money it doesn't get much better than Marauder-Cav lists. Truthfully, if it didn't get so redundant I would have tried to avoid the Chaos Knights altogether, but there's simply no way you can field 1300 points of Marauder Horsemen (800 is bad enough).