PDA

View Full Version : Slaaneshi Combat Cav 2k - Exalted Dilemma

Doomseer
22-04-2009, 11:39
Ok, I have all the models freshly stripped of their old paint and ready for a much deserved shiny new paint job. Before I assemble the Heroes I need to decide how to equip them!

The List so far:

Exalted Hero - Mark of Slaanesh/Steed of Slaanesh/Halberd/Shield/Blood Curdling Roar - 169

Exalted Hero BSB - Mark of Slaanesh/Steed of Slaanesh/Flail/Shield/War Banner - 199

5 Marauder Horsemen - Mark of Slaanesh/Musician/Flails - 91
5 Warhounds - 30
5 Warhounds - 30

6 Knights - Mark of Slaanesh - 250

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth - Great Weapon - 285

Total: 1986

I have 59pts to play with and many options.

One of the exalted will be given Blood Curdling Roar but beyond that I'm not too sure where to go, also I am thinking of giving one of them a Flail?

Any and all advice is appreciated:)

Eta
22-04-2009, 20:08
What about giving the BSB the Warbanner and a flail for killing / breaking cavalry, chariots and other tough stuff with low or no CR and your other exalted the Bloodcurling Roar to chip off rank bonuses on infantry units or some more knight killing power?

Greetings
Eta

Kalec
23-04-2009, 03:08
MoS, sadly, is effectively useless on chaos knights. Fear and Will of Chaos do pretty much everything the mark does. All is does is let them ignore terror instead of downgrading it to fear, but there are very few terror-causers that the knights will want to tackle anyway.

I would recommend some dragon ogres with great weapons over a unit or two of knights. S7 for breaking chariots and heavily armored cavalry and heroes that the knights will struggle with. They are a much better value then the shaggoth, whom I would drop for some spawn, ideally without any mark.

I would give the BSB the warbanner because it is never a dud, as well as a flail to help end fights quickly, and give the general the aethersword because S5 and ignoring armor is better then higher S against most targets that won't murder him.

Oh, and more warhounds wouldn't hurt. More warhounds never hurts.

Doomseer
23-04-2009, 08:34
Thanks guys, the War Banner suggestion for the BSB is a good one, coupled with a Flail he could be a very useful hunter/support unit.

Blood Curdling Roar will go on the other Exalted which leaves 14pts and the possibility of Necrotic Phylactery or Favour of the Gods.

If I drop the Marks on the Knights that gives me the points needed for the Aethersword, which would be very useful. I'll have to try it out and see how it goes.

Briohmar
23-04-2009, 08:46
I would also suggest you go with a Giant of Slaanesh instead of a Shaggoth, gives you more points for items/gifts for characters. I like the list, but think without magic, you're going to have some major issues. That being said, I like my Exalted on Steed with the Sword of Might and Enchanted Shield combination. Makes him really nasty on challenges, except that since he has no ASF, no Ward Save, and little else to save him, he will most likely die in those same challenges, so I wouldn't invest much in him.

Doomseer
23-04-2009, 09:35
I had thought about the ASF Giant but the visual theme I'm aiming for has the Shaggoth fitting better.

Having been left with a real mess of units from the recent Mortal/Daemon/Beast split I have converted my Old Centigors into Marauder Horsemen to go alongside my old metal Knights and Metal Warhounds, so I have a Real Horn and Fur theme going on!

Magic isn't really that heavy in my local area so I don't overly worry about my lack of defence. Really my true aim with this army is to create something visually stunning to relearn the game with while I work on my Daemon army.