PDA

View Full Version : Stunty tactica

Da Black Gobbo
22-04-2009, 19:40
Hi there! As a Dwarf player i'd like to start an "overwiew" followed by some tactics post in order to help dwarf players, but first i'd like to know if is anybody interested in this kind of project, i allready have heros and some epic formations but first i need to know if it will be worth it ;).

Faeslayer
22-04-2009, 19:48
I'm interested!

moar barmu
12-05-2009, 01:01
Can someone please do a summary of units and heroes for this faction. I really need help leanring what stuff to take in ym Dwarf Holds Army. Thanks.

dtjunkie19
12-05-2009, 05:19
I would also be interested. Also, we should get a discussion going on top of a unit review.

Captains or shieldbearers?

I prefer the latter.

You save points, get the at the double move, and only lose 1 might and 1 courage. And you get a nice special rule, which can be great, especially when fighting over a defensible terrain piece for a high ground.

Nu Fenix
12-05-2009, 11:52
Shieldbearers are like Banners, in that to me they imply you lose combat. Whilst you will be outnumbered by a horde army, you should have a good chance to win due to either high Defence when going for shields, or high kills going for Two-Handed Weapons.

Plus, with only one Might, it gets more difficult deciding when to use it, whereas the second Might from the Captain gives you more choice over when you use it.

brimmstorm
12-05-2009, 12:50
I like both in a unit with Shields. But when I plan on taking a unit with two-handers I would take the Captain for the extra might.

I have yet to play a game of WotR(my group is still gearing up) but when I do I would like to write up a review for everyone it just might be a while.

-brimmstorm

Billpete002
15-05-2009, 17:21
I am with Nu Fenix, the captain is really the only model worth taking. I would only consider the shieldbearer in large point games.