PDA

View Full Version : 1k LM, getting back into WFB

UchihaSasukeKun
22-04-2009, 20:32
Ok so its been a couple of years since i played and i want to get back into the game and since i have a few LM lying around so here goes:

Saurus Scar Vet 135pts
Burning Blade
Maiming Shield

12* Saurus Warriors 162pts
Full Command.

14* Saurus Warriors 195pts
Full Command.

14* Skink Skirmishers 98pts

14* Skink Skirmishers 98pts

6* Cold One Cavalry 240pts
Standard Bearer
Musician

EDIT Forgot to mention i have around 70 points left.

Now atm these are all the models i have bar a skink priest and 2 more cavalry, any advice?

Also are there any other army builder other then Lone Wolfs?

All advice much appreciated.

UchihaSasukeKun
22-04-2009, 23:52
Ok no replies on that but i made a 2.5k list:

Slaan 365pts
Focus of Rumniation, Soul of stone, Plaque of Tepok.

Skink Priest 430pts
Lvl 2, Cube or Darkness.
Ancient Stegadon

Skink Priest 125pts
Lvl 2, Diadem of Power.

20* Saurus Warriors 270pts
Spears, Full Command.

20* Saurus Warriors 270pts
Spears, Full command.

20* Temple Guard 355pts
Full Command.

6* Cold One Riders 240pts
Musician, Standard bearer.

6* Cold One Riders 240pts
Musician, Standard bearer.

10* Skink Skirmishers 70pts

This is probably how i will expand my army any suggestions?

Eulogy2
23-04-2009, 01:12
the first list is decent. LM core troops are excellent so you cant do much wrong there, though i would suggest making the saurus blocks 18, and you should ALWAYS have spears on them. run em 6 wide, 3 deep. if your using the skirmishers for saurus screens, and you should be you dont have to have 14, 10 will do fine most of the time, so you can free up some points there. also you could drop one cold one rider if you need to as well.

the second list, id still stick with 18 saurus(20 is ok if your against something shooty though), and probably drop the TG to 16. id also drop a cold one unit for 2 salamanders/razordons depending on your prefrence, though most will recommend salamanders. if you add 2 sallies or whatever, and lower the TG unit you should have enough points for 3 terradons for warmachine hunting, which would be a nice addition as well. also the slann should almost always have the mastery talent that lets him know all spells, its EXTREMELY useful.