PDA

View Full Version : Lm 1250

Eulogy2
22-04-2009, 23:07
im trying to make a fairly simple LM list to play my roommate who has alot to figure out with his goblins. this is what i came up with. i intentionally avoided stegs, and "heavy" magic.

1 Saurus Scar-Veteran
Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Scaly Skin

1 Skink Priest
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Aquatic

18 Saurus Warriors
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Shield; Scaly Skin

18 Saurus Warriors
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Shield; Scaly Skin

16 Skinks
Hand Weapon; Javelin & Shield; Aquatic
w/2 Kroxigor
Great Weapon; Aquatic; Causes Fear; Scaly Skin

2 Razordon
Aquatic; Causes Fear; Scaly Skin; Skirmishers
7 Skink Handlers
Hand Weapon; Aquatic; Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers
Hand Weapon; Blowpipe; Aquatic; Skirmishers

11 Skink Skirmishers
Hand Weapon; Blowpipe; Aquatic; Skirmishers

3 Terradon Rider
Hand Weapon; Javelin; Flyer
3 Terradon
Flyer

i intentionally went with razordons over sallies cause sallies are the bane of goblins. i was debating makin the priest lvl 1, but nto much else to do with the 35 points but maybe another terradon and skink handler?

Malorian
23-04-2009, 04:14
Well it certainly is a nice list for a new gamer to play against.

The spear saurus will be tough for him but MUCH easier to deal with than a steg.

Looking forward to the battle report :)

Ultimate Life Form
23-04-2009, 04:41
Okay, normally, I donīt mingle into these things, but maybe you can enlighten me:

Why does every LM list I see have blocks of 20 normal Saurus, but Spear Saurus are always 18? Is there a specific reason? I wanna know in case I ever take them.

And are they really as strong as everyone anticipated?

Gork or Possibly Mork
23-04-2009, 05:18
Okay, normally, I donīt mingle into these things, but maybe you can enlighten me:

Why does every LM list I see have blocks of 20 normal Saurus, but Spear Saurus are always 18? Is there a specific reason? I wanna know in case I ever take them.

And are they really as strong as everyone anticipated?

Generally 20 with no spears are deployed 5 wide 4 deep while 18 spear saurus
are likely to be 6 wide 3 deep. And yes there pretty darn solid either way as long as there not flanked by knights etc.

Darkling5687
23-04-2009, 05:42
Sounds like a nice friendly list to break your friend in with. I would add another terradon with them last points, or a magic item for one of the charecters.

Eulogy2
23-04-2009, 11:51
yeah, i think im gonna drop a saurus from one block to put my scar vet in, and then grab a 4th terradon. thanks guys. i do have saurus with hand weapons too, about 20 of them, but im in the middle of ripping thier arms off to give em spears.