PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Beasts of Chaos for Tournament.

Odieman
23-04-2009, 08:50
The tournament may turn out to be 2500 points instead if thats the case, I am not sure as to how I want to erxpand the list, perhaps drop the spawns and take a shaggoth and make the Wargor a bsb? Or slap on a medium regiment of like 14-18 Bestigors? Also give the Beastlord the sword of might?.

Anyway heres the current list I am going for:

Beastlord, Kralgor Great Horn, Mark of Nurgle, enchanted shield, Chaos armour, Crown of Horns, Horn of the great hunt, total: 225

Wargor, Brakor, Heavy armour, great weapon, shield, total: 70

Bray Shaman Gulmoth, level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Staff of darkoth, power stone, total: 200
Bray Shaman Margoth, level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Braystaff, dispel scroll, power stone, total: 206
Characters total: 701

Beast Herd, Full command, 8 Gors with two hand weapons, 12 ungors, total: 139
Beast Herd, Full command, 8 Gors with two hand weapons, 11 ungors, total: 135
Beast Herd, Full command, 8 Gors with two hand weapons, 11 ungors, total: 135
1 Tuskgor Chariot, total: 85
5 Warhounds, total: 30
Core total: 784

6 Centigors, shields, Standard bearer, musician, total: 135
4 Minotaurs, Mark of Nurgle, light armour, great weapons, Bloodkine, total: 241

3 Dragon Ogres, Light armour, great weapons, total: 237
1 Beast of Nurgle, total: 75
1 Beast of Nurgle, total: 75
Special/Rare total: 763

Army total: 2248
PD: 6 (+ 2 stones)
DD: 4 (+ 1 scroll)
5 Spells, (4 Nurgle + Darkoth)
4 characters, 58 Infantry, 26 Cavalry, 3 Chariots, og 9 Monsters.

So what do you think?

Matt1982
23-04-2009, 09:26
I dont have my book with me so not certain, but can you mix marks like that in Beasts? I'd of thought giving your general MoN would prevent you taking MoS on that second fiend, no?

I'd say the Battle Standard will be invaluable in an army with a relatively low/average leadership in a tournament scene where Vamps and Daemons are likely to be in ascendancy.

Odieman
23-04-2009, 12:08
Ah yes I thought since its not a mark per se I thought it was legal but further reading on the choosing an army I found out that it counts as a mark even though the spawn doesnt get the specific mark rules.

Harwammer
23-04-2009, 12:30
The army looks good, but I'm confused to the purpose of the undivided wargor and the centigors.

Looking at your general I can see you plan on using ambush, how will you implement this?

I'd be tempted to drop the 'marks' off the spawn, I don't think they do enough for 15 points.

Edit: Just caught something: enchanted shield and chaos armour both come from the Magic Armour list, as such you're going to have to chose one or the other.

Otherwise this looks like a very strong list for nurgle ambushers!