PDA

View Full Version : British NY Consulate explosion!

salty
05-05-2005, 13:03
Someone set off two homemade grenades outside the British NY Consulate as we started voting back here in Blighty.

Why? What the hell good will that do?!?

If they wanted to cause us carnage, wouldn't it have been a better idea to set it off in London?

Salty :)

The boyz
05-05-2005, 13:40
simple, these people are nutters.

salty
05-05-2005, 13:45
Very true. But still, even the biggest ***** on the planet ought to make the connection between London and the British Election.

Unless they were targetting the bank next door to the Consulate...

Delicious Soy
05-05-2005, 14:55
Really it would have been better to set the bomb off the day before the election if they intended to influence it. It seemed more of a prank than anything though.

salty
05-05-2005, 15:57
Oh, I agree, they were most likely a group of idiots, but its a bit of a stupid prank don't you think? In New York of all places, after what has happened there in recent years!

tzeentchgiant
05-05-2005, 16:34
Stupidity coupled with nastiness probably caused this, they're not terrorists, they're worse...... ******.

Honeslty when an idiot can have there opinion heard, what is the world coming too.

TG

Sojourner
05-05-2005, 16:40
Something to do with threatening Britain's ties with America, perhaps? 'We're not going to hurt you on your own ground but you mustn't consort with The Great Satan'?

salty
05-05-2005, 16:45
@Sojourner: You know, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. They obviously weren't very high tech, considering the 'bombs' were toy grenades filled with black gunpowder.

Wez
05-05-2005, 17:50
In order to gain publicity.

There's even a thread on the subject on a wargaming forum.

Doing next to nothing and managing that when there's no mention of far more important events is an achievement.

-Wez

tzeentchgiant
05-05-2005, 18:26
Just saw it on the news, whilst nobody was hurt it's more serious than I thought.

It appears it may have been more malicious wee b*****ds, rather than complete idiots........ actually..........hmmmmm........I don't know.......a shiny new donkey for whoever can explain the difference. :p

TG

The pestilent 1
05-05-2005, 20:35
It appears it may have been more malicious wee b*****ds, rather than complete idiots........ actually..........hmmmmm........I don't know.......a shiny new donkey for whoever can explain the difference. :p

TG

im a milcious b****** but not a complete *****...
thoug having said that, i did get the local and general ballets mixed up and voted for the wrong people. :confused:

y'know i think i may be working my way towards complete ***** actually.