PDA

View Full Version : night goblin and forest goblin list 1500

chaoslordmassurgi
23-04-2009, 10:01
this is my list i dont want to change the way models are armed as this is two boxes of bfsp,giant,2 spearchuckas, giant spider rider,

Hero's
Night goblin bigboss,martog's best basha,amulet of protectyness. 75pts

Night goblin shaman,lucky dirk,big umm's boss 'at,lv 2,magic'shroom 130pts

goblin big boss,Giganic spider,back stabber blade,battle brew,ench shield 130pts

Core
20 night goblins,spears,FC 100pts
20 night goblins, bows ,FC 80pts
10 spider riders,FC 160pts

Special
2 spear chukka's,2 bully's 80pts

Rare
Giant 205pts

and this is my raiding force i don't plant to split the spider riders up as they are body guard for the hero on spider.i think it is a solid force. the speac chukkas will be modelled so that one is in night goblin clothes,and the other savages so they can be split. for smaller games you know.bla.bla.bla so crittiques go......

Velsharoon
23-04-2009, 10:21
Split all the spider riders into squads of 5 men each, dont give them FC- they are for war machines, march blocking baiting etc

You dont need the bullys esp if its a goblin themed force

drop the FC from the archers

Split your Night Goblin into units of 30 30 and 20 (fdrop the FC from the unit of 20)

Spears are crap, if you havent painted the models you could cut the bottoms of the spears to make the hand weapons.

You also really need a BSB for the leadership

Edit: O yeh what about a fanatic or two?

rtunian
23-04-2009, 12:35
-ng shaman does not need lv.2 upgrade
-20 ng is too small for a real combat unit, which should be 30ish
-ng character and combat units should always have nets upgrade
-20 ng is too easy to panic for bow units, make them 21
-putting gigantic spider boss in spider unit removes fast cav rule from that unit (not a good idea) spider is better used in ng block (with nets)
-spiders should be split into 5s and only have musician
-bow ng's should only have musician
-too few unit types
-use handweap + shield instead of spears

i understand that you want to use your spiders a certain way. that's not a good idea though, you should use them how they are intended (fast cav is for flanking, positioning, and redirecting). also, the spider character in the spider unit is a bad idea, because he is not very protected there. you are trying to use a fast cav unit in an infantry capacity, and without rank bonuses and bodies, you just can't do it well. sure, you "can" do it, but you are going to be at a big disadvantage if you try to do it this way

i understand that you want to use the bfsp guys pretty much exclusively. this does not mean that you have to arrange your forces the way the box says (blocks of 20). in fact that is a very bad idea for ng, except for "throwaway" units (which should still be at 21 so they can get their job done). 21 is the cut because at 20, you only can lose 4 guys to shooting/magic in a phase w/o panicking (5 is 1/4 of 20, lose 25% at once = panic), where at 21 you can lose 5 and not take the test. these 21s are your bowmen.

spears are not a good loadout for goblins. makes gob cost 30% more, cuts the close combat armor save in half, and doesn't provide for very much more damage at all at ws2 s3. instead use your clippers and just clip off the bottom half of the spear. trust me, i was apprehensive about it at first too, but it's really very easy. some of them you can't get, just move on. they don't ALL have to be "just right". or you can just say "these spearmen are all actually using hand weapons, not spears, which i'm not paying for"

also, your force is really limited. a giant is nice, but when it's a bunch of goblins and 1 giant, you are going to find your giant focused down and then your goblins will be easy pickins. what you need to do is diversify your force. you don't need so much fast cav, you do need hitty units, so i suggest dropping 10 spider riders and 20 gobs and replacing them with either squig hoppers, squig herders, or wolf chariots (if you want to keep goblin theme), and fanatics.

speaking of which, what are the orc bullies doing there? they are a bit out of place in a goblin army

Eulogy2
23-04-2009, 12:54
i agree with what they are saying. units of 20 goblins are very easy to make panic. 30 would be much better for combat units. whats a night goblin army with out fanatics and nets?

chaoslordmassurgi
23-04-2009, 13:37
ok then tonight i will revise my list and think of a new load out
conversions are not a problemas im quite confident in my self i will post a picture of them when i have done one squad.

Gobboman10
23-04-2009, 19:42
Comment in red

Hero's
Night goblin bigboss,martog's best basha,amulet of protectyness. 75pts
Have ulags axe, and something athor than amulat of protectyness b/c it sucks agianst big core units.

Night goblin shaman,lucky dirk,big umm's boss 'at,lv 2,magic'shroom 130pts
Drop lvl. 2, nice other than that.

goblin big boss,Giganic spider,back stabber blade,battle brew,ench shield 130pts
Have this guy as a suicide gobbo, One Hit Wonder and Baubles are the best for that imo.

Core
I get the setup but have them in groups of 30/ one 20 like some1 said earlier.

Personally i would have 4 groups of 5 with bows and musician, FC isnt nessecary but i get the point in it since they are gaurding your boss.

Special
2 spear chukka's,2 bully's 80pts
Good, i would have more but thats imo. Dont need bullies in a gobbo themed army, like some1 said.

Rare
Giant 205pts
Like this unit, im just wondering if it would be classified as gobbo, i think you should get pump wagons if its gobbo themed.