PDA

View Full Version : High elves Versus Lizardmen 2k

danny7865
23-04-2009, 11:55
Next week I'm playing against a Lizardmen army.
HIs list includes :
-a slaan
-2 x EOTG
-massive unit of TG
-Skinks
-jungle swarms

I was thinking of taking a stardragon lord with null stone to hunt the 2 engines.However i'm unsure it will work? I am also thinking of taking reaver knights to hunt the skinks and 3 boltthrowers and an eagle.

Any ideas for tactics would be greatly appreciated, as the guy is terrifically pompous and told me i had no chance when we arranged it at the club
Thanks
Danny

Eulogy2
23-04-2009, 12:03
i think your best bet is to completely ignore the TG unit, except maybe bolt thrower fire. use your speed and stay away from them in CC.

if you can charge the EOTG with dragon princes, they would likely win. if you have a champion in any unit that engages a EOTG, challenge the priest.

Spirit
23-04-2009, 15:18
Im thinking the obvious choice is the void shard (i think thats the name). if a slann loses 1/6 of its magic capability (say in the third turn when it's gonn be devastating) he will not be pleased.

Also if it ends the magic phase he cant use the engine of the gods either. That will REALLY **** him off.

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 16:41
I think my recent battle report will help you greatly :)

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195357

I fought against a 2250 list with the same exact match up. Good luck!

danny7865
23-04-2009, 19:50
Thanks LK you have opened my eyes a bit.I'm now thinking of a list
2 x5 dragon princes (1with war banner and 1 with banner of ellyrion)
Archmage with vortex shard jewel and silver wand
level 2 mage with 2 dispell scrolls
3 rbt
2 x 10 lsg
noble (bsb) with gem
15 Phoenix guard with banner of sorcery + skein sliver
pd 9-12
dd 6
plus 2 scrolls
what you guys think ?(I know it should really be in army lists but nevermind)
The general gist will be the dragon princes hunting the EOTG's while the phoenix guard look threatening.Hopefully get the first turn and set the two units of dragon princes off as well as trying to magic the skinks.Try to shoot them in to pieces as well.The bolt throwers are gonna target the TG.Not gonna attack the TG till last when hopefully there only gits left.

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 19:53
Dragon Princes fail hard when trying to break Slann + TG or Stubborn cold-blooded Ld.6 Stegs with T6 and 5 wounds.

I would bring them.. but keep them at 1 unit of 5 with Banner of Ellyrion.

danny7865
23-04-2009, 20:07
was thinking of softening them up first. The level 2 Was going to take lore of heavens so portent of far means that chances are single shot bolt will hit. Especially if the steg is cursed of arrow attracton too.But ill have a think,maybe drop the bsb for a noble with a starlance.....