PDA

View Full Version : if u coude make a new army what would it be like and what it is called

raptor2005
19-12-2005, 20:11
im posting this cause i just want to know
so what is the ideas it can be eny thing apart from some thing that exists
mying would be big raptors with wings and high level of teck. and they will have dragons some other creatcurs. they are called the VALICEANS.
:evilgrin:

raptor2005
19-12-2005, 20:13
im posting this cause i just want to know
so what is the ideas it can be eny thing apart from some thing that exists
mying would be big raptors with wings and high level of teck. and they will have dragons some other creatcurs. they are called the VALICEANS.
:evilgrin:
and if u got picks pease add them.

Griefbringer
19-12-2005, 20:38
Squats of course!

Helicon_One
19-12-2005, 20:45
Post-Imperials.

Of course, the timeline would have to be moved on a bit first....

Tim

immortal99
19-12-2005, 20:59
An army with REAL rending ponies of power armoured doom....:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: Oh and BTW the way puctuation, grammar and spelling properly always help when not everyone here speaks english as their first language speeking in 1337 is not allowed.

Kahadras
19-12-2005, 21:20
If I could pick a new army it would have to be Tech guard. Basicaly the followers of the Omnissiah get their own codex. Led by Tech priests. Have access to Skitari (upgraded guardsmen), tanks, give them stuff like Robots and tarantulas Some of the other bits and pieces like Gorgons. Finaly give them a big bit of kit like a Knight (for those who don't remember its a small walker about the size of a tank) I used to think they were really cool in Titan legions.
Another possibility is the Horus Heresy with rules for interesting units like the Custodes, jet bikes etc plus models and stats for the Primarchs if you wanted to use them.

Kahadras

raptor2005
19-12-2005, 21:25
kahadras is the only one how has red this the rest is greek to me

Easy E
19-12-2005, 23:35
Check out my ideas here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17957

and the lists here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18053

boogle
19-12-2005, 23:39
Hrud, Demiurg,

neXus6
19-12-2005, 23:42
Plastic guard, more and more and more plastic guardsmen, of all different kinds.

More focus on Lost and the Damned maybe, renegade guard rather than die hard chaos.

Xander-K
19-12-2005, 23:44
a mix between necrons and tyranids... a biomechanical norn queen that assembles warrior/nid hybrids that harvest biomatter to upgrade themselves.

CELS
19-12-2005, 23:45
Raptor2005, note the 'spell check' button when in advanced posting.

New army? Six legged lizards, all with T3 and W2, with great rapid fire weapons and low WS. I'd call them... Space Lizards.

brother_fandango
20-12-2005, 00:42
my army would be the crusader type, but with off white power aurmor, and a really christian crusader typre theme. theyd be called something in latin... prolly "Anno Domni", being "of our lord". the command squad would have a really decked out alter, just for shows. sooo many ideas, just not enough time.

Cadian 21st
20-12-2005, 01:05
a mix between necrons and tyranids... a biomechanical norn queen that assembles warrior/nid hybrids that harvest biomatter to upgrade themselves.

- We were thinking about Guants like that, since 'Nids bond with other strains.

- Necron-Tyranid mix = A Hormagaunt that costs 12 points and comes back to life on a 5+
- Tau-Tyranid mix = A Termagaunt (dunno thier strange name) that costs 20 pts and comes with a 24" 6, 3, Ordnance weapon. Every time this Bigbadgaunt fires, a model from his unit must be removed.
- Kroot-Tyranid mix = A Hormagaunt who MUST infiltrate into Area Terrain, ignores terrain, and cannot sweeping advance.

Others still pending in progress...

CELS
20-12-2005, 01:16
Anno Domini would indeed be a cool name for an army :D

Cosmic_Girl
20-12-2005, 02:04
Hello Kitty.

C-girl.

neXus6
20-12-2005, 02:24
:p

Those Sisters of Battle were brilliant. With the Hello Kitty Dreadnoughts and everything.

raptor2005
20-12-2005, 16:08
to every body who said squats, they are a vintage army which on longer exists.

heretic
20-12-2005, 16:25
Hrud, Demiurg,
WHFB Skaven + lascannon bits = Hrud

they're also known as great snipers

Chaos and Evil
20-12-2005, 16:33
I want an army composed entirely of Skinks carrying poisoned lasguns.

Brothergrimm
20-12-2005, 16:48
I'd like to see a human faction that did not suffer the dark age of technology.

Yorkiebar
20-12-2005, 17:16
Jedi!

Seriously, though, something really heavy on psykers and intricate ancient weapons.

Follow
20-12-2005, 17:56
They're finally starting to break a little bit of ground on eastern philosophy with the Tau, but I'd like to see some clear and distinct armies that focus on Chinese or Japanese history.

I can't really think of anything else right off that 40K is lacking army wise.

(Back in the day I could count on one hand all of the available "armies" out there, no longer the case now.)

Follow :)

night2501
20-12-2005, 18:16
mmm maibe a race of inteligent pseudodragons named wieven, a bit like small gracefull dragons, talking about the minies they would be like ogre kindom to fantasy, each wiven would be of the size of a ogre but slender more gracefull and with wings, they would have low tech compared to most others, meaning the presense of plasma weapons and gravitic tanks or the like is rare to nonexistant, but they can adapt tecnology they find on the field, these creatures have psikers but they are atuned with nature a lot like shamans and acting as spiritual leaders, this restric theyr powers to nature for the sot part but also protect them form the perils of the warp.
on the battlefield they would present as a swit striking force the fly fast over the field shoting the enemy before making a swift final atack, they use almost no transports or tanks, and the heavier weapons are carried bi the biger or stronghest amongs the ranks, as gredy as the dragons these creatures are and will colect all the items of interest left on the field.
these creatures live more or less 500 years, and some of them can reach incredible sizes and theyr scales can be as hard as the marine armours, ussually these elder and brave fighters lead the troops to the battle, tought the force might be lead by one of theyr spiritual leader or a young champion that have proved his valor.
a comon army consist of a great wieven, fierce wievern or elder wievern (HQ), 2 units of 4 warrior wiever(troops), one unit of wieven focused on shoting(heavy-elite) and one focused on atack or scouting (elite-fast)

(all the units are of 3-6 wievenr, each one with 2W, and T4-5 S 4-5, and save of 4 to 2, that would make an army consisting of around 15-30 models and 30 to 60 wounds more or less)

now with all this just let your imagination fly...

Hlokk
20-12-2005, 18:56
Well, if you want to do this and win stuff, theres this thread:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17745

Closing date is 5pm tomorrow

heretic
20-12-2005, 19:46
I want an army composed entirely of Skinks carrying poisoned lasguns.
already been done by Mondo (Outrider)

I'll try to find pics

edit:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/IRONFISTVA/

join the group, pics should be in there

Grimtuff
20-12-2005, 20:12
to every body who said squats, they are a vintage army which on longer exists.

Your point being?

Many people have never heard of Squats, they could be a complete reinvention and passed off as a new race

Easy E
20-12-2005, 22:22
Your point being?

Many people have never heard of Squats, they could be a complete reinvention and passed off as a new race

Not to mention, it wouldn't have to be squats exactly as they were. i would prefer if it wasn't a direct port. Their warhammer 40K "niche" would have to be better developed.

I would really like to see more of the smaller Xeno empires represented. Not everyone has to be a huge player on the galactic scale. In the fluff the Imperium is constantly battling Xenos.

Smoking Frog
20-12-2005, 23:23
Aliens that look like sci-fi aliens and not a port from fantasy?? With six eyes and funny looking appendages, because it's all about the appendages...

Custodae
21-12-2005, 03:32
Kroot/Tau mix? Predatau!
Kroot/Tyranid mix? Predatyr!

Ok, ok, something not touched by GW...hmm...

since multi-appendages, squidy tentacled beings were mentioned, let's go the other way:

The Psychons!!!
A race of scrawny-frail-bodied aliens who are encased in transparent bubbles. They manipulate everything with psionics. Psionic weaponry, high energy collector/beam weapons, etc. Their shield technology is equivalent to land raider armor while their vehicles are very fragile looking.

Librarians and other psykers would be their biggest threat.

Custodae
of the Sanctum Imperialis

Gavmo
21-12-2005, 04:16
I'd like to see a race like Ogryns, but not stupid. Just because they're big doesnt mean that they have to be dumb. Almost like Loial (sp?) out of the Wheel of Time books, but not as useless and pussy.

Or a race that are quite small so they use battlesuits. Much like the Tau, but not as big and much more numerous. Almost like robotic power armour. And kind of like the "Prophets" in Halo 2.

And mabey a race of humans who are not part of the Imperium. Who have a decent size empire of their own and have been isolated for ages. With diferences in technology like instead of las weapons, they'd have very advanced slug or natural weapons. With their own gods who protect them from Chaos. Basically people who evolved with different stimuli.