PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Lizards for Tourny

PapaSmurf
23-04-2009, 17:13
Wanted to get some C&C on this list I'm planning on running at an upcoming tournament at my local store. I going for battle points cuz no matter what I do I seem to get screwed on soft scores anyway so I'm gonna ignore them (GW tourny score sheets and criteria are #%$) Anyway here it is

Lord - Slaan Magwe Priest (Don't feed him after midnight);) - 520
Focus of Rumination, Harrowing scrutiny, Becalming Cogitation
Bane Head, Plaque of tepok, 2 x Power stone BSB Plaque of Dominion

Saurus Scar Veteran - 144
HW SH GW Hide of the cold ones

Skink Priest - 415
Lvl 2 Dispel Scroll EotG

Skink Priest - 415
Lvl 2 Dispel Scroll EotG

20 x Saurus Warriors - 258
HW SH Spear Musician Standard

20 x Saurus Warriors - 258

12 x Skink Skirmishers
HW Blowpipe

16 X Temple Guard - 277
LA HW SH Halberd Musician Standard

4 x Terradon Riders - 120

Total - 2491

PD - 10 + 2 power stones + free dice
DD - 6 + 2 scrolls + Wizards stupid and discard 6s

Slaan in the middle flanked by saurus flanked by engines skinks do skink stuff and terradons hunt war machines
EotG
Saurus
Slaan
Saurus
EOTG
or may stick engines flanking Temple guar dwith saurus on outside, not sure yet

Saurus
EotG
Slaan
EotG
Saurus

Only thing I don't already have are the terradons so I could replace them, please CONSTRUCTIVE C&C please
Thanks

PapaSmurf

Eulogy2
23-04-2009, 17:27
i think a slann and two EOTG's is a bit much magic for 2500. id drop an engine and maybe keep the priest with the skirmishers. in place of it id add a few salamanders/razordons or a cold one cavalry unit. also i dont think the stupid roll on enemy wizards is really worth while. drop the plaque and the stupid, and pick up the one that allows him to know all spells.

PapaSmurf
23-04-2009, 17:31
He has 5 spells already (4 + tepok) so I thought I'd try something different

PapaSmurf

Eulogy2
23-04-2009, 18:05
thats fine, but the plaque is better served on a skink priest, specially when the slann can easily have all spells.

PapaSmurf
25-04-2009, 13:25
that's it? No other comments?

papasmurf

Gork or Possibly Mork
25-04-2009, 19:15
I have a few concerns with your list. Hope it helps.

- Movement
Besides the terradons and EOTG's you have slow movement. More time for the opponent to shoot, outmanuever and eventually flank you or even avoid you.

- Magic
Very powerful but you have way too much magic defense. DD 2 for pool, 2 for Slann, 2 from each priest, 2 dispell scrolls, becalming cogitation, Plague of Dominion partriarch in a pair tree. It's overkill even against Tzeentch or Vampires. I would drop dominion and give the scrolls to your Slann..much safer with him.

- Shooting
Where's the beef? You need more Skinks to weaken the enemy. You have only one skink unit to screen your big blocks. Get atleast 2 more skink units
either choice is fine. You also need atleast one other warmachine hunter. Don't count on one unit to do it all or you'll be sorry.
- Combat
Powerful on paper but with nothing to screen , redirect etc. you will be shot, redirected, outmanuevered and slowly taken apart bit by bit. Again get some more skink units. You won't regret it and it will help to set up your charges.

Also Harrowing Scrutiny really isn't necessary..ever ( maybe if the Slann was alone) . Terror US3 is not that big a deal and your TG are ITP and Stubborn ( as long as the Slann is alive ).

PapaSmurf
27-04-2009, 17:27
based on discussions with friends and a look around on line, I have adjusted the list, Looking for C&C again

Lord Txen-Hotxelan, Magwe Priest of Tlaxtlan (530)
Focus of Mystery, Focussed Rumination, Becalming Cogitation BSB
Power stone x 2, Bane head, Dispel Scroll, PLaque of Dominion

Scar Leader Huanqua Gorloq (144)
HW GW SH Hide of the Cold Ones

Xilixili Quagor, Disciple of the Ancients (420)
Lvl 2 HW War Drum of Xahutec, Engine of the Gods

Xilixili Huinigor, Disciple of the Elders (150)
Lvl 2 HW Cloak of Feathers, Dispel Scroll

20x Saurus Warriors (258)

20x Saurus Warriors (258)

12x Skink Skirmishers (84)
HW Blowpipe

12x Skink Skirmishers (84)
HW Blowpipe

16x Temple Guard (302)
LA HW SH Halberd Musician Standard War Banner

4x Terradon Riders (120)
HW Javelin

2x Salamander Hunting Pack (150)

2500 on the nose

11 PD
7 DD plus lose 6s, stupid and 2 scrolls (I really want to dominate the magic)

Skinks will flank and deflect, sallies are nasty and will hold down another flank, Steg and Slann up the middle flanked by warriors, smash bash zap, rinse and repeat as necessary

PapaSmurf