PDA

View Full Version : Starting WoC

KYR GKIKAS
23-04-2009, 19:14
Hi there i am thinking the making of a WoC army but i got no absolutely clue about the army.I got the book but with no experience to the WFB game i am straggling to decide the models to buy.
I am looking for a 1000p army with a Juggernought hero.Any suggestions for a army list?
Thanks in advance :)

Dungeon_Lawyer
23-04-2009, 19:27
chaos knights

W0lf
23-04-2009, 19:52
Another army book?

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 20:00
Another army book?

failw0lf says moo.

Anyways, take some Chaos Warriors and some Chaos Knights :) They're really good but really costly.

Kalec
23-04-2009, 20:10
Chaos knights, dragon ogres, spawn, marauders, marauder horsemen, and warhounds.

Witchblade
23-04-2009, 21:01
Battalion.

Isabel
23-04-2009, 21:21
This is definatly a subject everyone will give you differant opinions on. All I can do is tell you what I've seen in my own games. I dont think anyone would argue the point that chaos does best when in combat, so high movement units are a great buy. The units that have always won games for me is Marauder horsemen, dragon ogres, and above all else, chaos knights, chaos knights, chaos knights. Did I mention chaos knights? And of course, lots of hounds to screen them from enemy fire.

I personaly prefer anything with 7+ movement. Get into combat quick as possible and your opponent tends to die ;)
I've had bad luck with any foot troops I've used, but I'm usually playing against armies with lots of ranged attacks here at my local shop.

Makaber
23-04-2009, 22:30
There's several ways to play the army, but some units will pop up in almost all lists, and these are Warhounds, Marauder Cavalry, and Knights. I'd also get at least one, but probably two Sorcerers.

You'll need two core choices though, and since Hounds don't count you'll need one more (in addition to the Horsemen). In my opinion, what you take as the second choice will to a large degree shape the army as a whole. You can get more Horsemen and dedicate yourself to the cavalry path, or get some infantry and branch out a little.

If you go for infantry, I'd get a unit of Marauders. Later on, you'd want to look into getting another unit of infantry, either more Marauders, or Warriors (because in my eyes, infantry units needs sibling units to support them).

Godgolden
23-04-2009, 23:27
Battalion.

yes, this.