20x White Lions (FC, Standard of Balance) = 375
20x Phoenix Guard (FC, War Banner) = 350
5x Dragon Princes (FC, Banner of Ellyrion) = 215
1x Lion Chariot = 140

RARE:
1x Eagle = 50

Tyrion goes with the Phoenix Guard.
Caradryan goes with the White Lions.

- Phoenix Guard has Tyrion, which gives them MR2, cause Fear. They can seriously kill things in close combat now.
- Caradryan makes White Lions MR3, and he causes Fear. The entire unit can kill things.
- Lion Chariot cause Fear and has Korhil on top of it. They can kill seriously things.
- Dragon Princes moves through terrain with a BSB w/ Battle Banner on the flank. They will break things.
- The Eagle march blocks and machine hunts.
- I move everything forward at full speed on turn 1. I will be looking at combat in Turn 2 if all goes well. I could also opt to charge out with Tyrion's 20" inch range and threaten anything in front of me.

This army will kill things. I'm dying to try it. I can also drop Korhil for another Lion Chariot.

bob_the_small
23-04-2009, 19:48
Special character spam or what lol! can tyrion go on foot?

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 20:01
Special character spam or what lol! can tyrion go on foot?

Tyrion is on his mount :) He has MR2, 0+ Armor save, 4+ Ward and Regen.

He's pretty much ridiculously hard to kill. But yeah, it's SC spam because HE suck without the boosts these SC can offer them with the unit combinations that I suggested.

Kalec
23-04-2009, 20:02
Korhil is better off on foot then on a chariot.

Also, you seem lacking in magic defense.

I'm not entirely sure you need phoenix guard and white lions. I would swap the guard for swordmasters or dragon princes or chariots. Another eagle wouldn't hurt either.

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 20:05
Korhil is better off on foot then on a chariot.

Also, you seem lacking in magic defense.

I'm not entirely sure you need phoenix guard and white lions. I would swap the guard for swordmasters or dragon princes or chariots. Another eagle wouldn't hurt either.

My only Magic defense is the Magic Resistance that I have on my units.

Sword Masters are subject to getting shot in the face; drastically reducing their numbers before I get to my enemy. I lose Ranks, I lose Outnumber and it could lose the battle for me if I don't win combat res. White Lions and Phoenix Guard are not subject to such restrictions.

But I do see what you mean by Korhil on foot.. as having a Ld.9 Stubborn unit of Phoenix Guard is a very attractive choice indeed. It's basically either that or another Lion Chariot depending on the army that I'm fighting against.

BattleofLund
23-04-2009, 22:30
Is it really cost effective to have 180 points of coat hangers? Don't you find any merit in making the Spears units combat-worthy? I'm genuinely interested, since I'm basically in love with my DE Spearmen.

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 23:24
Is it really cost effective to have 180 points of coat hangers? Don't you find any merit in making the Spears units combat-worthy? I'm genuinely interested, since I'm basically in love with my DE Spearmen.

10 Spears are often ignored.. which for me, is a good thing. They can just come up and flank charge/rear charge whatever's tied into combat already.

BattleofLund
24-04-2009, 01:32
10 Spears are often ignored.. which for me, is a good thing. They can just come up and flank charge/rear charge whatever's tied into combat already.

Very good point. 10 DE Spears would cost less than five naked Shades... and break ranks... hmm. Sneaky. Like it!

Kalec
24-04-2009, 02:04
MR really isn't good enough nowadays. It works great if you have some dispel dice to back it up, but just MR and 2 dd isn't going to do much. For the little magic missiles that MR would actually help against, they are better off using against your units without MR anyway. The bigger spells are going to be too hard for you to dispel with MR and dice anyway, if you are getting your MR dice at all. And then there are all those delightful spells that don't target your units at all, which are arguably the most powerful.

LKHERO
24-04-2009, 03:08
MR really isn't good enough nowadays. It works great if you have some dispel dice to back it up, but just MR and 2 dd isn't going to do much. For the little magic missiles that MR would actually help against, they are better off using against your units without MR anyway. The bigger spells are going to be too hard for you to dispel with MR and dice anyway, if you are getting your MR dice at all. And then there are all those delightful spells that don't target your units at all, which are arguably the most powerful.

That's a chance I'm going to have to take.

I have no room in my list for anything else and I'm gonna try damn hard to make it work.

dijit80
24-04-2009, 08:30
you can also drop a 4 pheonic guard and a whitelion, as the characters will replace these models and make the units unsightly! I'd then consider dropping korhil for a lvl1 scroll caddy (he also gives you +1 on all attempts to dispel, and if you're lucky with irresistable force on drain magic -3 for the enemy to cast)) and get another eagle if there's points. i think you'll get a better list, but its got some potential.