PDA

View Full Version : I need help making a 3K Daemons list!

dal9ll
23-04-2009, 20:12
So I play Daemons in 40k but not really ever in Fantasy, even though I know theyre awesome. The other day, a buddy and I planned for a 3000 point Fantasy game in the near future and Im not sure how to prepare. Im not an expert at making large Fantasy lists so Id like to get some help pointing me in the right direction. My opponent is a friendly guy but we definitely dont hold back on anything when it comes to list-making. Here are the Daemons I own:

-Lord of Change
-Great Unclean One
-2 Bloodthirsters
-2 Slaaneshi Daemon Princes
-1 Nurgle Daemon Prince
-1 Khornate Daemon Prince
-Skulltaker
-Le Masque
-The Blue Scribes
-Epidemus/Herald of Nurgle on Palanquin
-Herald of Slaanesh
-Herald of Tzeentch

-22 Bloodletters
-20 Plaguebearers
-30 Daemonettes
-18 Pink Horrors

-14 Nurglings
-7 Nurgle Giant Flies (could be used as Screamers or Furies)
-4 Screamers of Tzeentch
-6 Flamers
-1 Beast of Nurgle
-5 Fiends of Slaanesh

I kinda want to do a magic-heavy list without delving into Mono-Tzeentch w/ Fateweaver spam. Im thinking of running:

--Lvl. 4 Great Unclean One w/ Nurgling Infestation and Trappings of Nurgle accompanied by 4-5 Nurglings, plus another unit of Nurglings to Scout and hunt warmachines and whatnot.
--6 Flamers with a pyrocaster
--Herald of Nurgle on a Palanquin in a large unit of Plaguebearers are also going to be included.

Being that I can use 6 characters in a 3k game, I could even do two Greater Daemons and then one Herald from each God inside a unit of their respective Lesser Daemons.

All-in-all, Im so inundated with options that I need someone with experience to narrow them down for me.

It may also be helpful to know that my opponent will be running either High Elves, Wood Elves, or Bretonnians. Thanks everyone!

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 20:25
From your list, take:

2x Bloodthirsters
Herald of Slaaneesh
Skulltaker
Le Masque
The Blue Scribes

-22 Bloodletters
-20 Plaguebearers
-6 Flamers
-1 Beast of Nurgle
-5 Fiends of Slaanesh

That should be close to 3k :)

PxDn Ninja
23-04-2009, 20:30
From your list, take:

2x Bloodthirsters
Herald of Slaaneesh
Skulltaker
Le Masque
The Blue Scribes

-22 Bloodletters
-20 Plaguebearers
-6 Flamers
-1 Beast of Nurgle
-5 Fiends of Slaanesh

That should be close to 3k :)

Perhaps I'm missing something. Why the Herald of Slaanesh? I just started playing Daemons (VC player normally) and without a unit of Daemonettes, that Herald loses a good part of it's value.

Malorian
23-04-2009, 20:45
I don't understand the herald of slaaneesh either...

Basically just take two bloodthirsters and unless your opponent has a ton of warmachines you'll be fine.

LKHERO
23-04-2009, 20:51
Perhaps I'm missing something. Why the Herald of Slaanesh? I just started playing Daemons (VC player normally) and without a unit of Daemonettes, that Herald loses a good part of it's value.

I was going to use him as the BSB w/ Great Banner of Despair.. but I don't know if he has the model for that.

dal9ll
24-04-2009, 20:29
What about this?

Great Unclean One w/ Lvl 4 Wizard, Nurgling Infesation, Trappings of Nurgle
(670)

Herald of Nurgle on Palanquin, lvl.1 wizard, Noxious Vapours, BSB w/ standard of sundering
(315)

Herald of Khorne w/ armour of Khorne, firestorm blade
(150)

20 Plaguebearers w/ full command
(270)

20 Bloodletters w/ full command
(270)

18 Pink Horrors w/ Icon of Sorcery
(241)

18 Pink Horrors w/ Icon of Sorcery
(241)

5 Nurglings
(175)

5 Nurglings
(175)

1 Beast of Nurgle
(100)

3 Fiends of Slaanesh
(165)

6 Flamers w/ pyrocaster
(225)

TOTAL: 2997 points

mightygnoblar
24-04-2009, 23:23
looks like a pretty good starting point, personally i would lose noxious vapours in place of the staff of nurgle on the herald

also id drop the bloodletters and their herald and replace them with a unit of 17 daemonettes and a herald for them, probably make her level 1 to increase your magic defence

Dungeon_Lawyer
25-04-2009, 02:50
DoC list help?

ahhhh pick a bunch of stuff that adds up to 3000 points and then let that completely broken army do the rest!

You could hang the Doc book on a wall and throw a dart at it to choose what you use and still do great.

;)

Holesto
25-04-2009, 03:30
Haha Lawyer you just replied to my thread and complained about daemons, and now you're trolling this guys thread complaining again. If you give up playing against an army how are you ever going to get better?:)