PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Vampire Counts. Need C&C

Holesto
24-04-2009, 01:01
I'm posting this for a friend of mine that plays me on a regular basis. I play Daemons and he seems to always have trouble even standing a chance against me. Really need some C&C on this list, as he just remade it and is getting frustrated with the Vampire army.

Lord
Vampire Lord-hell Steed
Dark Acolyte
Master of the Black Arts
Summon ghouls
Skull Staff
Crown of the Dammed

Heroes
Vampire (in Skeleton Unit)(Army Standard)
Master of the Black Arts
Tomb Blade
The Flayed Hauberk

Vampire
Dark Acolyte
Summon Ghouls
Walach's Bloody Hauberk

Necromancer
Sceptre de Noirot

Core
Ghoul X15
Ghast

Ghoul X15
Ghast

Skeleton Warriors X17
Full Command

Rare
Blood Knights X5
Royal Standard of Strigos

Cairn Wraith X4
Tome Banshee

Grave Guard X15
War Banner
Full Command

Total Points: 2244

Holesto
24-04-2009, 16:04
bumpin thread

Modaavi
24-04-2009, 16:13
Alright here are my suggestions.

Vamp Lord - the Wristbands are a better fit for a caster Lord on hellsteed than the crown. You don't want this guy in combat anyway, and since he is flying, he shouldn't ever get caught. Plus losing 5 PD to stupidity is a huge blow that is tough to recover from. I also find Forbidden Lore is much better than Dark Acolyte on the caster Lord, as guaranteeing access to Vanhel's on a vamp with loads of dice is worth its weight in gold.

Vamps - they are too cross-functional for my tastes. With the hero vamps, it is best to focus on combat or magic, not both. The tomb blade is not very good, a simple sword of might or battle is much more effective. I like the necromancer.

Core - I like the setup although I question the need of the skeleton block as the list already contains 3 combat blocks with the grave guard. Maybe swap that for a min sized ghoul unit to act as a bunker for a reworked caster hero.

Rares - Blood Knights really need more support that this list provides to ensure they aren't frenzy baited the whole game. A couple units of wolves would greatly enhance their effectiveness. Or drop them in favor of a varghulf and unit of black knights. Wraiths and banshees are great against most armies, except daemons. If you are his regular opponent, he may want to leave these guys at home.

Hope this helps a little. :)

Holesto
25-04-2009, 02:25
Everything you said makes pretty good sense, but I'm not sure I understand the wolves helping out the blood knights. We're both pretty new players, and I kind of understand frenzy baiting, but I don't understand where the wolves would come into play. Could you elaborate please?

Any other C&C welcome as well :)

Dungeon_Lawyer
25-04-2009, 02:42
I actually think its more important if you post YOUR DoC list. Deamons are so overpowered and broken its not even funny-I dont even play against most DoC lists anymore as there is no point.

Let me guess you got some plaguebearers with a herald and the regen banner, prob some flamers...etc etc etc.

Holesto
25-04-2009, 03:28
Why do you need my DoC list to critique my friends' vampire list? He's beaten my daemons with his lizardmen pretty convincingly, so it's not like daemons are unkillable, you just gotta figure out how to do it.

Hulkster
25-04-2009, 13:37
the wolves come into play as the block line of sight to units so that his Blood Knights do not chase after a nit he doesnt want them to kill. they also work like a missile screen.

Dark_Ritualz
30-04-2009, 19:28
by my own experience, an army under 3k should stick to either ghouls or Skeletons. not both since that will make youre summoning trickier. i would dump the ghouls for more skellies. id dump the blood knight regiment and add an varghulf with two 5-10 dire wolf packs. the master of the black arts on a vamp is an overkill since u wont be able to use the full power of them. id reccomend a dark acolyte and lord of the dead/ghoul thingie if u still think its a good idea to have them.

why i think that u should swap out the ghouls for skellies is
1: u will be able to get standard bearer with magic banner
2: ghouls aint that fighty as u think. none of the undead is realy killy except for rare/lord/hero, the skellies will make a better rank and file blocks in the army.
3: the only thing that makes the ghouls better is the poisoned attacks +1t and +1attack. on the skellies u will have a 4+armor save wich make them survive more.
4: THOSE ******* GHOULS ARE THE UGLIEST MODELS EXCEPT FOR LIZARDMEN CAVALRY IN-GAME! THE SKELLIES ARE A LOT MORE HANDSOME!