PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a pic of...?

hood_oz
19-12-2005, 21:30
Hey, was wondering if anyone had, or could point me in the direction of the SM pic of the Librarian from the tyranid hunters?

It is the one with the librarian, who has a staff with the tyranid head attached to it with lots of feeder tubes and so on going into it.

Can't find a copy, and want to send it to a friend for his help with a conversion based on it.

All help would be appreciated.

Brimstone
19-12-2005, 21:51
Here you go.

One of Mark Gibbons excellent works, pity they never turned it into a mini.

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/53750029.jpg

Ahmato
19-12-2005, 21:51
http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popup.htm?/spacemarines/artwork/images/21-big.jpg

This one?

Ahmato:)

++

Wrong One, But still, It has a nid in it:confused:

hood_oz
19-12-2005, 22:38
Actually it was the one Brim posted up.

But, the plan was to combine the Tigurius pic (the one with him mind reading the Nid) and the Tyranid Hunter sketch.

So have a tyranid hunter with lots of the nice trophies and Alien Hunter gear, crouching down doing a mind read on a fatally injured tyranid. Wether I use it as a deathwatch character or as a feature character for my army, I am not sure yet.

Have some time off work coming up, so intend to do one or two new character minis for my army. And since the Ordo Xenos rules are far off, I am sure I can use him as a deathwatch character for my army for a year or two before they get superseded.

Anyone got any ideas for other character conversions for deathwatch and tyranid hunters? Have been toying with the idea of doing a 'suffer not the alien' SM army. Lots of corpses, trophies and the like. (need motivation to get my sculpting back into practise)

I also have been thinking the scout heavy bolter would make a better looking 'light' heavy bolter for moving and firing. So two of them in a squad might be a nice look.

And since I have been working on a nurgles rot tyranid horde I have plans for including a rotting carnifex carcass as a battlefield objective marker.

Grimtuff
19-12-2005, 22:44
Here you go.

One of Mark Gibbons excellent works, pity they never turned it into a mini.

IIRC the guy that used to own Scythes of the Emperor (www.thescythes.com) website (don't click on it, it's one of them cyber squatter sites now or whatever) converted one up, i'll see if I can track down pics of it

(though knowing my luck it was on the B&C :rolleyes: )

hood_oz
20-12-2005, 02:50
IIRC the guy that used to own Scythes of the Emperor (www.thescythes.com) website (don't click on it, it's one of them cyber squatter sites now or whatever) converted one up, i'll see if I can track down pics of it

(though knowing my luck it was on the B&C :rolleyes: )

Cool, would love to see it.

Would help in the planning stages, seeing someone elses take on it.