PDA

View Full Version : Nork Deddog

Dictator
24-04-2009, 05:38
I just recently read the background provided in the new Guard codex for Nork, and I have to say, it is by far the most entertaining fluff I have ever read. The images conjured in my mind during the descriptions were so funny that I burst out laughing causing those around me to ask what was wrong. While I thought the old codecies described Nork well enough, this codex has by far the best description. I was curious on what everyone thought about Nork's reappearance in the new dex and his updated fluff.
-Dictator

Walls
24-04-2009, 06:03
I am not normally an SC guy... but he is being busted out for a big LGS apocalypse game we're doing. He's too great for me not to bring. Sooooooo much character.

Solar_Eclipse
24-04-2009, 06:49
I burst out laughing with the image of some nameless renegades face as he is about to throw a grenade as an Ogryn shaped Shadow grows larger under him.

Ive been loving the fluff and art in this codex so much!

I love it when a Fortress surrendered when it saw 3 Manticores roll up. That fortress was destroyed by rockets moments later.

or Stracken leading charges shouting "Do i have to do everything myself?!"

Classic!

schoon
25-04-2009, 05:18
I don't yet have the new Codex, but Nork has always been a favorite of mine...

DEDDOG, NORK Imperial Guard Ogryn bodyguard was considered brilliant for an Ogryn and served with the 2nd Catachan regiment as Colonel Greiss' personal guard. Commissar Aaron Blest gave him his cap, which became his trademark during the Dimmamak War. Nork retired to his homeworld of Formand VI as a hero and died of old age at 110.