PDA

View Full Version : Well, the weekend's here....

Pages : 1 [2]

Lord Merlin
14-08-2009, 17:55
Terrain Building. Found some old MDF lying around and I'm thinking either bunkers or buildings.

NealSmith
14-08-2009, 18:48
I've sort of been out of the loop for a while... :)

I'm going to be working on a couple of land speeders in White Scars scheme to go along with the 3 attack bikes I finished up last week. I never really thought much about doing White Scars before, but I like the way they turned out. Also fits in with my "Crusade" theme where all of my bikers/land speeders will come from another chapter. I always thought it was going to be Dark Angels, but I guess not! :)

I'll also work on putting together my last bastion and maybe start painting some of that Planetstrike terrain for a game on the 22nd.

Good to see this thread started up again!

Lowmans
14-08-2009, 19:28
paint my very first Renegades squad!! Yay!

:)

DrDoom
14-08-2009, 19:33
Got a game versus Eldar tomorrow and then maybe against a differant Eldar player on Sunday. I'll try and get some painting done too.

Yautja
14-08-2009, 19:33
This weekend there is a tournament at our FLGS. Bring a 1500 point list, with 2, 250 point alternate lists you can add one of them to your army once your see who your opponent is going to be for the first 2 games. For the 3rd game you combine the 1500 and both 250 point alternate lists for a 2000 point battle. Must all fit into 1 force organization chart.

Fire Harte
14-08-2009, 22:56
Well I'm either popping off to the local GW store or playing Dark Crusade with a few chaps.

soul destroyer
14-08-2009, 23:39
Gonna raid my bits box and have a go at converting some rank and file marines into stern guard, just because I feel like it.

trapper
15-08-2009, 00:01
Im excited for the weekend! I work 16 hours over the two days, on sat I've been talked into going to a friends place, so all my gaming stuff is after work sunday. I've been putting off some of my terrain for a while. The main body of it is all set, but I need to cut out the random hardboard bases for them and get the sand and blown out bits of walls on them. Probably do that monday and tuesday aswell (on my weekend) to finish it all up for painting. That and keep working on my 70 some guard left to paint, plus the 3 tanks i need to finish for them.

ThePrecious
15-08-2009, 03:19
Im gonna be playing normal and apocalypse all weekend before school starts

dblaz3r
15-08-2009, 03:24
Assembling the last of my marines and vets and if I've got enough time maybe my last squad of terminators as well. Very close to having all my DA assembled and painted. :D

Edit: Oh and eagerly awaiting the revelation of the secret box contents. :D

Schmapdi
15-08-2009, 03:28
I've already painted 2 more wound markers from my Skull Pass set, gonna finish the last remaining one tonight I think.

I might also start in on my last N. Goblin spearman regiment (*sigh* 40 down/20 more to go) if I get ambitious/bored.

Over 3 months in, and I still have less than half the models painted :/

Swishbuckler
15-08-2009, 06:10
Hopefully finish assembling a drop pod and start painting it.

t-tauri
15-08-2009, 06:11
A number of unsuitable and spammy posts removed. Please keep to the topic and inside the posting guidelines or the thread will be removed.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition

Dr. Hellbeast
28-08-2009, 08:15
I'm thinking about picking up Defiler and Valkyrie kits and kit-bashing up a bipedal Daemon Engine with fixed wings, slightly inspired by the form of Jetfire in Transformers 2, but without the silly metal beard and Cockney accent.

BrotherMoses
28-08-2009, 08:25
1. finish assault squad except for decals and bases
2. decals and bases
3. finish veteran sergeants for tac squads including banners.
4. Decal and base sergeants
5. Get some form of army transport and stow stuff away.

Serpent
28-08-2009, 08:35
My hobby related (and perhaps a bit more) stuff to do this weekend.
* Finish my first Valkyrie. (Sat.)
* Play one 1700 points game with my Witch Hunters against Eldar. (Sun.)
* Hopefully manage a 2000 points game as well. (Sun.)
* Have a drink with that girl I met two weeks ago. (Sat.) :cool:
* Maybe start building the second Valkyrie. (Sun.)

dblaz3r
28-08-2009, 08:54
Still piecing together my remaining DA so I can prime them. Only 5 termies, 10 vets and FW dread to go basically.

DaSpaceAsians
28-08-2009, 11:34
I'm starting school monday so I'm enjoying my final weekend of freedom by planning, painting and playing. On the upside, due to a crazy educational reform, I get to do and finish my Guard army at school and get evaluated.

Shrapnel
28-08-2009, 11:52
one more week and I'm free of my masters. Only an insane amount of writing to go!

Fay_Redd
28-08-2009, 11:54
Ugh, You know what, I forgot this thread AGAIN!

Right, im subscribing this time. And my goals for the weekend, although not 40k is to get 20 Saurus Warriors done.

40k wise i have a lot to do but am not in the mood for, I have a Drop-pod and a Dreadnaught to finish, 5 Scouts, A tactical Squad and 2 Land Speeder Typhoons to do.

But as i said i am concentrating on my Lizardmen ATM.

*subscribed so he dosnt forget about the thread*

daemonkin
28-08-2009, 12:05
Base my first squad for TO40KP 09/10 and get my chaplain finished too, be up on my first month's schedule then so I can slip if need be!

D.

BigBadBull
28-08-2009, 14:10
Finishing up a Skyshield, 6 bastions, a crashed FW valk,

and finally staring on a FW Thunderhawk.

daemonkin
28-08-2009, 14:14
Finishing up a Skyshield, 6 bastions, a crashed FW valk,

and finally staring on a FW Thunderhawk.

Now THAT's a weekend!

D.

Morlu
28-08-2009, 14:24
im being fairly modest with my goals even though it is a 3 day weekend...

finish off 2 GKs in power armour (pyscannon and incinerator)
finish off GK grand master
start and finish brood lords body gaurd of 5 stealers

I know its not an aweful lot...but I have a lot of gardening to do :p

Death Korp
28-08-2009, 14:28
Finish painting my 2 WFB Chaos Lords (Jugger and Daemonic mount ones). Also want to paint my Iron Warriors Dread and Lord.

And play a 2000pt game too.

Cheers,

DK

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
28-08-2009, 14:34
I have to move on Saturday. We've been packing up our things, and I have three large boxes of Warhammer stuff - miniatures, bits boxes, terrain, and hobby supplies. And there is still more that has not been packed yet. I estimated that the one box filled with only miniatures would be worth around $5000 US. My dad said, "Boy, you sure have an understanding wife." Hey, I let her have her shoes, don't I?

Shas'o Brightsword
28-08-2009, 20:17
I'm starting school monday so I'm enjoying my final weekend of freedom by planning, painting and playing. On the upside, due to a crazy educational reform, I get to do and finish my Guard army at school and get evaluated.

wait why are they letting you finish your army in school?:confused:

DCLXVI
29-08-2009, 00:14
I've been drybrushing some Aegis defence lines and tomorrow I'll start on my Bastions. Also been drooling over the Space Hulk articles in the new WD - can't wait to get my own copy now!

Shas'o Brightsword
29-08-2009, 00:17
i am going to try to paint a Lee man russ or a infantry squad or at least have a battle!

DaSpaceAsians
29-08-2009, 01:09
wait why are they letting you finish your army in school?:confused:

In Quebec, there's currently an educational reform going on and the classes are FUBAR pretty badly meaning we don't have our math books, wind up getting weird classes (including a DIY project of your choice) and classes with really crazy names for nothing (Contemporary World instead of Economy). DIY project is my opportunity for finishing my army. Not surprising most students are pretty pissed.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that if I screw up my DIY project, I actually get held back.

Wintermute
29-08-2009, 10:06
I'm moving this thread to the new WarSeer Painting Support Group Forum.

Wintermute