PDA

View Full Version : Well, the weekend's here....

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 09:50
So what are you all gonna be doing hobby-wise?

I'm probably going to finish building my penitent engine and my Stormlord (although I might still go with Shadowsword at the last minute).

Corpse
24-04-2009, 10:02
Eh, gonna be garbling up gurgles playing my death guard horde (fluffy nothing but DG and 1 HQ 2k force)

Work on more models, perhaps add a different color to some of the DG's rather then the mess of greens they are on sunday, stock up on bits to make my ork warbike rocket sledders.

Put some more cash into the hobby, and maybe bolster my 40k chaos daemons project with more skeleton nurgling bases. (five skelies per base). Ask the locals if they would accept wolves as seekers of slaanesh, if they had stinger+pincer tails made from hormagaunt talon arms.

A few things...

sigur
24-04-2009, 10:07
Spending too much time on Warseer, highlighting black surfaces on Goff Shootaboys.

mughi3
24-04-2009, 10:08

I'm probably going to finish building my penitent engine and my Stormlord (although I might still go with Shadowsword at the last minute).

Well i might get a little more painting done on my ADMECH army, but mostly saturday into sunday is the same almost every weekend 16+ hours at the game store getting as much table time and socialization that i can in then recover from it on sunday.
:evilgrin:

Francois
24-04-2009, 10:18
Hi! Say, Doctor Hellbeast, is the Penitent Engine hard to put together? I want some, but someone warned me it's an advanced model, and I'm all thumbs:(

This weekend I'm going to take inventory of my Sisters of Battle models and plan what to paint to make my next 500 pts. Oh, and I'll be hanging around the internet 40K forums all the time, lol!

You all have great weekends!
Frankie

Bassik
24-04-2009, 10:19
All I have to do is finnish up one soulgrinder and ten Plaguebearers to complete my 1850pts. Daemon force.

Today is the day!

Hey, why don't we all post in this thread when the weekend is over, to confirm or denie that we succeeded in our evil plans?:)

Whitehorn
24-04-2009, 10:20
Finish sculpting Vulkan, paint my jetbikes and maybe build a few more tactical marines.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179274

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 10:27
Hi! Say, Doctor Hellbeast, is the Penitent Engine hard to put together? I want some, but someone warned me it's an advanced model, and I'm all thumbs:(

This weekend I'm going to take inventory of my Sisters of Battle models and plan what to paint to make my next 500 pts. Oh, and I'll be hanging around the internet 40K forums all the time, lol!

You all have great weekends!
Frankie

Hi, Francois.

It wasn't the easiest of kits. There was a fair amount of filing to sort out the mold lines. I only have to pin and attach the arms now and I'm done. The main difficulty with this kit is attaching the legs as the hole on the legs is considerably larger in diameter than the hip pins it attaches to. I used green stuff to bulk up around the pins and pushed the legs on, trimming any protruding green stuff off with a sharp blade, accompanied by copious amounts of superglue and it's nice and solid now. It's a lovely kit if you want to put the time into it. Nice and substantial with a pleasing weight to it. Pick one up and have a go. You know you want to. ;)

Kurisu313
24-04-2009, 10:31
Using my newly arrived IG codex and valkyries, of course! :)

Francois
24-04-2009, 10:32
Wow Dr. Hellbeast, you sound like you have a lot of modeling experience! Thank you for telling me how you assembled the kit, I think I will give one a try...:)

Frankie

Filthy O'Bedlam
24-04-2009, 10:34
Gonna be working on my Rorschach scratch build (just finished the Original Sandman, Wesley Dodds), my Chaos Doomsday Device, And starting paint work on some Chaos Bikes.

Cheers, Filthy

Adra
24-04-2009, 10:36
Lets see...this weekend i wont get much done on the hobby but i will def go into my local GW and tell the manager off for something. Usually itís something like the price of models or how clean his shelves are, but itís all in jest as i love him really. Then I'll give his lowly staffer a back rub while he paints. Then Iíll get told to go away by the miserable vets who squat at the painting tables unable to summon even the slightest spark of cheerfulness because of a lifetime of ineptitude resulting in them finding safety and security behind a shell of hate and spiteful anger towards those around them. After shaking my head in disappointment and a cheerful quip i will probably depart.

I'm angling for a date with this girl I know (ok fine, itís an ex girlfriend of mine and I'm crawling back cos itís been a while since I've had any. Happy now?) and normally this would mean i leave the GW at home cos, lets be honest, itís not always the best conversation device for getting the cream, but this girl is well into sci-fi and likes the concept of 40k if nothing else so maybe i will have a conversation on it. She's more into Bablon5 and Doctor Who (yeah i know but like I say...itís been a while) so not sure how I'll fit 40k into that but hay, I like a challenge.

Have a great weekend all!!! :D

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 10:40
Wow Dr. Hellbeast, you sound like you have a lot of modeling experience! Thank you for telling me how you assembled the kit, I think I will give one a try...:)

Frankie

I'm OK at building them. I just have trouble ever getting around to ever painting anything. :cries:

Hope you enjoy the kit.

I'm building a small SOB force for my girlfriend (she likes the way they look ;)) so I started with the penitent engine. The rest will all seem easy by comparison, I hope. :)

Sasori_jap
24-04-2009, 10:43
Adra's weekend sounds fun tbh. Iam gonna paint some Necrons to start getting my army ready and then party at a nice club all night.

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 10:44
Lets see...this weekend i wont get much done on the hobby but i will def go into my local GW and tell the manager off for something. Usually it’s something like the price of models or how clean his shelves are, but it’s all in jest as i love him really. Then I'll give his lowly staffer a back rub while he paints. Then I’ll get told to go away by the miserable vets who squat at the painting tables unable to summon even the slightest spark of cheerfulness because of a lifetime of ineptitude resulting in them finding safety and security behind a shell of hate and spiteful anger towards those around them. After shaking my head in disappointment and a cheerful quip i will probably depart.

I'm angling for a date with this girl I know (ok fine, it’s an ex girlfriend of mine and I'm crawling back cos it’s been a while since I've had any. Happy now?) and normally this would mean i leave the GW at home cos, lets be honest, it’s not always the best conversation device for getting the cream, but this girl is well into sci-fi and likes the concept of 40k if nothing else so maybe i will have a conversation on it. She's more into Bablon5 and Doctor Who (yeah i know but like I say...it’s been a while) so not sure how I'll fit 40k into that but hay, I like a challenge.

Have a great weekend all!!! :D

Just steer the topic onto Babylon 5 and adopt the style of Roger Moore to see if you can get her to reveal her babylons, perhaps? ;)

dblaz3r
24-04-2009, 10:54
Well I'll probably be getting up early to watch the ANZAC day dawn parade to commemorate all the servicemen that died on 25th April 1915 at Gallipoli Peninsula and all those who have laid down their lives serving my country since.

Then I'll be back into painting my Dark Angel librarian and maybe I'll get around to those uni projects I need to hand in next friday ;)

Duce
24-04-2009, 11:35
Attempting to continue and finish (Need for a game on monday night) a drop pod.

Also going to try to get 2 rhino's completed to finish off my battle company, 10 more assault marines which will be 2 flamers 2 plasma pistols, sgt with thunderhammer, and the other 5 will be assorted sgt's as i need some variety such as one with just bolt pistol/chain sword, plasa pistol and chain sword etc.

Final item i'm going to try for completion is a Captain with chain sword and bolt pistol.
Though i doubt i'll finish them all this weekend but i can hope.

dblaz3r
24-04-2009, 11:41
Jesus Duce I wish I could pump that amount of stuff out in one weekend, I'd be looking at a month for that lot :cries:

Satan
24-04-2009, 11:45
prolly write a daemon list or two. Maybe work some on my soulgrinders.

Bob Hunk
24-04-2009, 11:46
Play testing my Ork army lists for the Tempus Fugitive's campaign weekend in May, and slapping some more paint on the Warboss and Nobz if I get a chance.

Melchor
24-04-2009, 11:47
I'm going to try and get the last two models finished for my Slaanesh Marines which I need for a tournament next weekend. That, and two plasma guns and a pair of dirge casters.

After that, it's more Orks!

Bunnahabhain
24-04-2009, 12:12
Basing lots of stuff- 1 platoon of guardsmen, and a squad of rough riders if they're finished in time, and a short company of 1:72 WW2 russians.

If that gets done, then finishing the weathering of assorted tanks.

And trying to get hold of Hostels on the Isle of Skye to book the holidays with the girls from dancng, for a week of walking, climbing, dancing and flirting- wargaming is all well and good, but it's neither physical exercise, or a good way to spend time with the opposite sex!

Cultist of Sooty
24-04-2009, 12:14
I've got 10 zombies (to be used for Dark Heresy) that I put together the other night to be painted. Plus a few IG that I converted into Arbites enforcers and a converted genestealer hybrid that I want to finish off.

I'm not sure I'll get to all of them, but I'll try to do some.

Vote Kantor
24-04-2009, 12:14
CRAP!!, I finished painting my army TODAY, and am now waiting (not so) patiently for the new Guard release, and my new valk, and testing my Trench Codex

d0dgeuk
24-04-2009, 12:42
I shall mainly be trying to get the locks for my seer council done so I get painting points for our competition.

LemanRuss
24-04-2009, 12:46
i'm going to paint my girlfirend!

no but seriously:P
i'm touching up the last bits and bobs on my space wolves force, ow how i love em.
finishig of a land raider also!

NealSmith
24-04-2009, 13:12
I'd like to get in a game with my son.

Finish up another BT Crusader squad for him while he finishes putting together his LR Crusader... Then we can paint it! :)

Then I could use some time to work on my own figures... LOL

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 13:15
I'd like to get in a game with my son.

Finish up another BT Crusader squad for him while he finishes putting together his LR Crusader... Then we can paint it! :)

Then I could use some time to work on my own figures... LOL

Nice one,

I hope when I eventually have a kid I can do some hobbying with them like that. :)

Although if it's a girl the Mrs will train them in the art of shopping as soon as they can walk. :D

The Clairvoyant
24-04-2009, 13:20
I'm hoping to have some time on sunday to slap some paint on some flash gitz and finish off my meganobz. Then its back to the building phase again as i still have loads of orks still on sprues

NealSmith
24-04-2009, 13:35
Nice one,

I hope when I eventually have a kid I can do some hobbying with them like that. :)

Although if it's a girl the Mrs will train them in the art of shopping as soon as they can walk. :D

Thanks... A few years ago, my daughter was very "tomboy" and I almost was able to turn her to the side of "goodness and light", but something switched on and she's not into minis... She's still not completely gone over to the "darkside", but they do have cookies, so it won't be long I fear... ;)

Hey! This post got me to "Chaplain"! Who do I contact for my cool skull helmet? ;)

Giganthrax
24-04-2009, 13:44
Gonna spend the saturday, and probably sunday too, playing battles at the local club. Getting ready for the upcoming local tournament. :)

Captain Micha
24-04-2009, 14:02

Hopefully assembling and priming my tanks (which have yet to get here...).

And then playing a game with the 5e IG.

Cultist of Sooty
24-04-2009, 14:03

I don't have kids myself, but I spent last Saturday afternoon teaching a friend's little boy and girl to paint miniatures. The lad painted a skeleton, the lass painted a mummy (both from Heroquest). They've both picked up more miniatures since - the boy has some space marines, the girl has some chaos demons.

I've always liked the cut of her jib. :)

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 14:10
I don't have kids myself, but I spent last Saturday afternoon teaching a friend's little boy and girl to paint miniatures. The lad painted a skeleton, the lass painted a mummy (both from Heroquest). They've both picked up more miniatures since - the boy has some space marines, the girl has some chaos demons.

I've always liked the cut of her jib. :)

Nice work on recruiting two new hobbyists there, Sooty.

You converted your Apex Twins models up yet? :)

Fay_Redd
24-04-2009, 14:14
Hmmmm, let's see. Ummmmm. need to finish off some Flesh hounds, 4 of them for my unit of 10 in CD's. I know people dont like them but i have found them to be rather effective, their decent charge distance, and the 30 attacks on the charge at I5 and S5 is rather effective.

If by some divine miracle i get them done ill start on some more tactical squads for my raptors Space Marines. I only have 2 tac. squads at 1500 which, TBH isnt a great number, especially when only 1 of those 2 are made to move.

that's my plan, have a good weekend all. And i agree with the post back on the 1st page after the weekend we should post up to see how successful we all were with our goals.

Latro_
24-04-2009, 14:59
Playing a game or two tonight with my deathguard that i'v actually nearly finished painting!
Then off to the pub after for much jack daniels and beer, possibly together in the same glass hah
Then hung over work on my defiler who just got him self donated some CCW's in the form of alien arms:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/latro/DSC01945.jpg

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 15:10
Playing a game or two tonight with my deathguard that i'v actually nearly finished painting!
Then off to the pub after for much jack daniels and beer, possibly together in the same glass hah
Then hung over work on my defiler who just got him self donated some CCW's in the form of alien arms:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/latro/DSC01945.jpg

Nice work. Bit of a Cthulhu vibe goin' on there.

Art Is Resistance
24-04-2009, 15:32
I'll be running our bi-annual Open War tournament at WhW - 130 players in a hot hall with little ventiliation - word of the weekend?

DEODORANT!

satanslandlady
24-04-2009, 15:34
*Prime my Sophie
*Stop glueing my own fingers to my models and actually glue the remainder of the chaos space marines I have together *hates glueing*
*Decide a color scheme for my pleasure seeker

Latro_
24-04-2009, 15:36
I'll be running our bi-annual Open War tournament at WhW - 130 players in a hot hall with little ventiliation - word of the weekend?

DEODORANT!

Place of the weekend?
BUGMANS, eheh

@hellbeast, cheers, hadnt noticed that before but yea he's got that going on! heh

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 15:36
*Prime my Sophie
*Stop glueing my own fingers to my models and actually glue the remainder of the chaos space marines I have together *hates glueing*
*Decide a color scheme for my pleasure seeker

I hope Sophie isn't the name of your wife/girlfriend. ;)

satanslandlady
24-04-2009, 15:41
I hope Sophie isn't the name of your wife/girlfriend. ;)

http://www.frpgames.com/new/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=33350
Sophie is the name of my soon to be daemon princess... I do have a bf though and last time he primed my models I vowed never to let him near them again o.o? Though I suppose Sophie would make a good gf... doesn't say much and is always naked.

Dr. Hellbeast
24-04-2009, 15:50
http://www.frpgames.com/new/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=33350
Sophie is the name of my soon to be daemon princess... I do have a bf though and last time he primed my models I vowed never to let him near them again o.o? Though I suppose Sophie would make a good gf... doesn't say much and is always naked.

I do apologise about the wife/gf thing, Satanslandlady, I didn't take in your name and wrongly assumed you were a fella. :o

You're dead right about the priming thing. It's a very personal thing to do. :)

Cultist of Sooty
24-04-2009, 16:09
Nice work on recruiting two new hobbyists there, Sooty.
Their mum told me about the new models they'd got. She'd taken them to their local model shop on the way home from school, and the chap who runs it gave them some free Space Marines and a couple of White Dwarfs. I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I might have to pretend to be surprised when they tell me.

You converted your Apex Twins models up yet? :)
Ah, that was really just theoretical maundering. I do have a Rose and a Billie but, as most of my miniature-making is for RPGs rather than wargaming, making a conversion of them as a Doomsday Weapon would be nice but not particularly useful. Sort of unfortunate.

I did have an interesting idea the other day for making a sinister psychic baby in a mobile incubator, though.

Onidan
24-04-2009, 16:14
Hm, I most likely will convert the rest of my plastic hammerers and maybe paint some more of my tactical marines.

Problem is a) weather is too nice to be inside painting b) I only have time to paint/convert on sunday anyway...

Well, I see what I get done ^^

PondaNagura
24-04-2009, 16:16
well i was gonna go and get hammered with my brothas before they graduate, but my leg's all gimp so i'll just sit and drink and finish up these tau i've been pounding out for one of them. then i can finally get back to my own projects!

Corpse
26-04-2009, 15:36
Eh, gonna be garbling up gurgles playing my death guard horde (fluffy nothing but DG and 1 HQ 2k force)

Work on more models, perhaps add a different color to some of the DG's rather then the mess of greens they are on sunday, stock up on bits to make my ork warbike rocket sledders.

Put some more cash into the hobby, and maybe bolster my 40k chaos daemons project with more skeleton nurgling bases. (five skelies per base). Ask the locals if they would accept wolves as seekers of slaanesh, if they had stinger+pincer tails made from hormagaunt talon arms.

A few things...

1: Death guard won and lost a game, annihilated a tyranid 1750 full of warriors, some stealers and dakkafexes with a wingrant and dakkarant, my dakkapredator eliminated a score of gaunts, finished off some big stuff and really did good. The lost game was being wiped off the bord, doing more damage to him then my nurgles suffered in the previous game. I didnt let him pull off the lash+pie plate combination, his terminators won the game and I forgot warptime. (We both forgot a bunch I think) Chaos vs chaos.

2: I got called out to play on dirtbikes today, hopefully I wont end up bruised and thrown off like last time. (Damn bike was way too tall, couldnt touch the ground, fella who rides it normally is 6" taller then me) that ended bad, hope this time is better lol...

3: I held off on buying anything, and I couldnt find bits for my orks. Sadly, its all mail order and will do that later. If I'm not too sore after the riding...

4: I used daemons on saturday as well in a 2v2, dice didnt like me very much. 5 horrible mishaps out of 7 squad deep strikes, only one hit its mark and that one faces snikrot and his crew the very turn after their arrival. Daemon prince died in a mishap, and a bloodthirster got lashed away twice after being "mishapped to the furthest table corner. I really should learn my lesson and just run with 3 princes and 2 GD's instead of lots of small guys.

StefDa
26-04-2009, 16:16
My plan was to dip-quality paint my ten Bloodletters, which have been primed red. I've nearly done one, despite they're REALLY fast. Oh, and this friday I started work on my Soulgrinder.

Adra
26-04-2009, 17:12
Just steer the topic onto Babylon 5 and adopt the style of Roger Moore to see if you can get her to reveal her babylons, perhaps? ;)

Well the weekends come and gone and all i can say is...HIGH FIVE!!!!

Fay_Redd
27-04-2009, 14:21
Yep, weekends finished and i can say that i got my primary goal of the 4 remaining flesh hounds painted and based.

I even managed a start of the space marine stuff, ive got an apothercary done for a command squad and have the rest primed knarloc green.

so all good, goal achieved.

i say keep this thread alive all we can, this has actually helped me i think.

Dr. Hellbeast
27-04-2009, 14:24
I'm ashamed to say I didn't get anything I meant to do done.

Damn you, Halo Wars !!! :mad:

satanslandlady
27-04-2009, 15:32
I didn't get anything done I meant to XD. I went shopping all weekend so I'd actually have something to wear for the spring >.>. Sophie is crying. I think I'll prime her tonight to make her feel better.

Duce
27-04-2009, 16:25
i managed to totally finish my drop pod (from opening box to finished), got 10 assault marines almost done bar some gluing and the minor colour parts. he captain same again, got the 2 rhino's main colours done, basically everything got their main colours all done and just need the details added. though all bases were also done. Hoping to complete them by the weekend then next weekend do another phase of minis.

Have to keep churning them out so ic an finish this demi marine chapter. Then i can make scenery properly then another army

@satanslandlady, you should greenstuff a dressing gown on your demonprincess, and add fluffy slippers. it would be what the... when people see it, and would win you games.

Captain Micha
27-04-2009, 16:29
I finished painting and priming and assembling my Merkavas

Also worked on a deck.

Next week? 40 Guardsmen and the rest of my heavy weapons.

satanslandlady
27-04-2009, 16:34
@satanslandlady, you should greenstuff a dressing gown on your demonprincess, and add fluffy slippers. it would be what the... when people see it, and would win you games.

OMG FLUFFY SLIPPERS! She so needs shoes. I can't understand why she's on tiptoes barefoot like she's wearing heels. I wanted to do some greenstuff work on her but was really stumped as to what to do. I've contemplated sewing something for her rather than sculpting.

I greenstuffed and used plyers and wire cutters on my greater daemon of slaanesh. His hand that points out now is "the shocker" :evilgrin:

Dr. Hellbeast
27-04-2009, 17:25
"Also worked on a deck."

Elaborate, Captain Micha.

Were you DJing, on a naval vessel or skateboarding? :p

NealSmith
27-04-2009, 18:20
Didn't get a game in, but did manage to finish up the BT Crusader squad for my son. We also worked on his LR Crusader a bit too.

We should have this discussion next weekend! :)

Captain Micha
27-04-2009, 19:38
"Also worked on a deck."

Elaborate, Captain Micha.

Were you DJing, on a naval vessel or skateboarding? :p

I was helping a friend with his deck (you know the porch in the backyard. made of wood? :D Usually not covered? ).

Me skateboarding... that'd be a riot. There'd be a youtube of that bucket of me failing miserably up in five seconds or less if I tried to skateboard again. :) Though my balance is much better than it used to be.

Bunnahabhain
27-04-2009, 19:45
Got the rough riders and the infantry platoon finished, and then got distracted from the armour by the small matter of 30 storm troopers, instead of the tanks...

OMG FLUFFY SLIPPERS! She so needs shoes. I can't understand why she's on tiptoes barefoot like she's wearing heels. I wanted to do some greenstuff work on her but was really stumped as to what to do. I've contemplated sewing something for her rather than sculpting.

Easy. She's a Dancer.

As know to my pain, many kinds of dancing result in you spending far too long on your toes, in very thin or non-existent shoes...

Thankfully, I don't have to go beyond demi-pointe, but that still hurts. 2 Beat Pas basques for the Sword dance.

Fay_Redd
27-04-2009, 20:26
Well, atleast a few of us achieved our goals.

vote yes to keeping this thread alive for future weekends.

@ Dr.Hellbeast. Halo Wars, really........i thought it was terrible. but thats a discussion for computers and Consoles.

Onidan
27-04-2009, 20:51
Only managed 6 of 10 hammerer conversions planned, no color on anything.

Damn this lovely weather encouraging BBQs and beer -.-

Corpse
27-04-2009, 20:53
I didnt get anything done on sunday. I managed to NOT hurt myself this time on the bike. (I could touch the ground sitting on this one lol) so it was fun. Wore me out so I couldnt do anything when I got home. Gonna' work on things today, and perhaps orkify my monday if I can manage it.

LonelyPath
27-04-2009, 20:55
I was planning to get 10 more tactical marines and 5 DA vets painted, but all I managed to do was undercoat the tacticals. I was to busy drawing comic strips.

Dr. Hellbeast
27-04-2009, 20:59
Seeing as quite a few people have voiced an interest in keeping this thread going for subsequent weekends I will post on it every Friday afternoon to bring it back onto the front page for any interested parties to make their hobbying commitments known. :)

Dr. Hellbeast
30-04-2009, 15:03
As promised, thought I'd bring this back as the weekend draws near and quite a few of you signalled an interest in continuing to state your weekend hobby goals.

CyberC1
30-04-2009, 15:54
I wish to get another 10 Dark Eldar done... although I'm headed out of town on Friday and Saturday...

Corrode
30-04-2009, 15:54
This weekend, I will paint the 3 Grotz and Runtherd that are undercoated and therefore usable. I will also finish off the first of my big 30man Boyz squads so that I can stop looking like such a prick when I deploy a ton of unpainted models.

These seem like realistic goals. :D

Captain Micha
30-04-2009, 16:00
Only managed 6 of 10 hammerer conversions planned, no color on anything.

Damn this lovely weather encouraging BBQs and beer -.-

Real BBQ or grilling?

NealSmith
30-04-2009, 16:49
I've been able to work on my Land Raider this week, so it will probably done before the weekend, so it looks like something "new" for me... :)

A couple choices:

- Play a game with my son (not likely as he's been invited over to a friend's)
- Paint his LR Crusader we finished putting together
- Work on some of his BT special characters (Emperor's Champ, Marshall, Chaplain, etc.)
- Do my Command Squad (partially painted already)
- Put some Terminators together (BT and mine)
- Get out some Ork Nobz and paint them! :)

We'll see what actually gets done...

Velsharoon
30-04-2009, 16:58
Started painting my giant for my orc and goblin army about 30 min ago. Its the metal giant with the cowering imperial type so if i screw it up least i can strip it. Going to be basic anyway as I am trying to get an entire army done in a month or two. Once whole army is varnished and based etc can go back and touch everything up if im so inclined, but I imagine I shall just move onto the next project.

LordofWar1986
30-04-2009, 17:07
My weekend will hopefully be each of the following.
1) Finish converting my remaining guardsmen and drop by my LGS to pick up my new guard codex (unless the swine flu gets me first).
2) Homework, homework, and more homework.......then tutoring sessions to help me with homework.
3) Come up with the nerve to talk to my hot neighbor, maybe take the next step as well to take her out for a lunch/dinner/or amusement park.

satanslandlady
30-04-2009, 17:31
Tentative goals
*work on painting Sophie. I primed her during the week after removing her belts XD. Now she's completely nakie for the time being. Will work on figuring out her costume later.
*Mb actually start painting the oh... 30 bloodletters sitting around
*Work on painting my pleasure seeker

Captain Micha
30-04-2009, 17:35
This week the plans are more guardsmen. (probably tommorrow and Saturday. Maybe an early start tonight)

go to the game store, and win with new high powered guard.

Hopefully my codex will come in...

loveless
30-04-2009, 17:41
Hrm...throw an extra assault cannon I found on an extra terminator I have.
Possibily build my remaining Vindicators.
Paint. Although I'll probably end up painting non-GW stuff.
Try to pry myself away from my PS3 to accomplish everything above...

Corrode
30-04-2009, 18:01
3) Come up with the nerve to talk to my hot neighbor, maybe take the next step as well to take her out for a lunch/dinner/or amusement park.

Surely the best goal of the weekend. Good luck with that one LordofWar :)

laudarkul
30-04-2009, 18:10
Hummmm....This weekend?
Depends on my girlfriend wishes:)...
Regarding the hobby definetely finish another 6-8 guardsmen to paint and arm them (Flamers/GL/ML) and start painting a HWFSS (3xAC).Then some detail touches on my PAGK and assembly/basecoat the FW GKD and a LR.
And some 30 mkinutes to find and put together all my WE models since in May WE models are first priority (basecoating/painting) .

The Laughing God
30-04-2009, 18:14
Lets see here:

1.Base a big chunk of my tyranids.
2.Base a finished bloodcrusher
3.Paint a 2nd bloodcrusher
4.Paint 5 Terminators
5.Paint, make terrain, and play some Battle Fleet Gothic!

Can I do, lets find out!

MajorWesJanson
30-04-2009, 18:41
Pick up Aun'va from the FLGS, and debate buying a new sentinal or saving that money for GD Baltimore.

Advise a friend starting a guard army to get more heavy weapons squads, a valkerye, and a sentinal with the new codex, then put them together for him.

Continue to paint up my Tau in Covenant colors

Work more hours so I can afford more plastic crack

unclejimbo827
30-04-2009, 19:42
I'm testing out the new guard coex and continuing my group's necromunda campaign

jeramy404
30-04-2009, 23:25
Tomorrow afternoon I plan to head out to Halifax for a night of painting, gaming, BBQ and win with a couple friends of mine and my brother. Saturday will be an exciting day of purchasing a copy of the new guard book and a valkyrie, as well as assembling said valkyrie, painting and hopefully some small skirmish gaming on the lovely tables at GW Halifax (anyone from the area, 500-1000pt games?).

It should be a wonderful fun-filled weekend of delightful nerddom. I'm hoping to just chill out, hang out with some good folks, and take a load off.

colmarekblack
01-05-2009, 00:44
Currently building an 'Iron Saint' Shadowsword to kill the inevitable pesky warhound titan at an apocalypse game on Saturday. Got a baneblade, Doomhammer and 2.5k of Daemons to help me finish the job :D. Maybe get a copy of Codex Imp Guard and a Valkyrie to paint (pin-up girl nose art ftw :p)

Watch some boxing and then to finish off a Dissertation Proposal.

So all in all a packed weekend.

Khornies & milk
01-05-2009, 00:49
Finish off my 2 Valkyrie's...well except that I'll have to wait for the FW Vendetta upgrade kit. I've already pre-painted the cargo interiors and the cockpits....sweet model.

Also have to do some more with my Command squads.

Sunday we're playing a 4-some Apoc game - 3K each.

Grand Warlord
01-05-2009, 00:58
trying to decide if I want to continue with space marines or break into guard.

NealSmith
01-05-2009, 03:13
Surely the best goal of the weekend. Good luck with that one LordofWar :)

Yep, I'll be pulling for you! :)

Tentative goals
*work on painting Sophie. I primed her during the week after removing her belts XD. Now she's completely nakie for the time being. Will work on figuring out her costume later.
r

Just paint her in "body paint"? No actual outfit, but paint something on her that covers her up? Tastefully... of course! :) This would be extremely hard for me to make look good, but you may have the talent to pull it off!

Just a thought!

AlmightyNocturnus
01-05-2009, 04:17
I`ve got 4 days off (national holidays) and no money to go anywhere, so I`m going to try to paint the largest miniature ever (for me, so far) - the Forgeworld Brass Scorpion. It`s all put together and primed...I made and painted a hug base two weeks ago. So now - four days, new brushes, and the Brass Scorpion! Wish me luck!

Almighty Nocturnus

Wildeyedjester
01-05-2009, 04:19
Painting my psychic choir for my traitor legion, and getting ahold of my valkyrie/IG codex I've had on special order. I will also play a couple of games tomorrow night. Probably against orks and space wolves!

AngryAngel
01-05-2009, 04:34
Going to be at a sale my FLGS is running. Then going to play warhammer games into the late, late evening. Also going to point out my guard army as I sit around, and go over the new guard codex.

Grimbad
01-05-2009, 04:46
I'll be finishing, basing, and painting this (http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=14789).

Bunnahabhain
01-05-2009, 11:38
Plans for the weekend.
Saturday:
Picking up Guard codex
Convert a psyker battle squad
Tidy up and finishing paintwork of the storm trooper platoon.

Sunday.
Run around after girlfreind, go dancing in St Andrews castle, random party in Glenrothes.

Major_Manny
01-05-2009, 12:35
on the train from London to derby for the weekend, then going warhammer world all day saturday to grab myself a shiny new guard codex. :-) also getting 4 squads of death korps and 6 motar teams and the varius equipment packs now that I have to change my current sgts :-/

Then obviously it's gona be a messy wkend due to the fact that it's a bank holiday :-)

Damn forgeworld and their beautiful DKoK range :-) I'm hooked lol. Hope every1 enjoys their weekends

Manny

Sceleris
01-05-2009, 12:37
Likely plan:

Saturday - do some more conversion work on Stormlord/Doomhammer/Banehammer for renegade guard (forgeworld stuff having arrived) and pick up IG codex. Spend rest of day sat in pub.
Sunday - (recover) - then spend bl**dy ages removing imperial eagles from couple of boxes of IG and about another 40 lasguns (for mutant "conscripts"). Get bored and sit in pub
Monday (got to love Bank holidays) - rummage around bits box for suitable "chaos" looking base model for Chekov conversion.

ChrisMurray
01-05-2009, 12:45
I`ve got 4 days off (national holidays) and no money to go anywhere, so I`m going to try to paint the largest miniature ever (for me, so far) - the Forgeworld Brass Scorpion. It`s all put together and primed...I made and painted a hug base two weeks ago. So now - four days, new brushes, and the Brass Scorpion! Wish me luck!

Almighty Nocturnus

Ooh I love that model is there\will there be pics?

Sat: work till 2\3 then pub.
sun: lay in, pub in the evening.
Bank Hol monday: recover\rest.

Hopefully squeeze some orks into it somewhere.

don_mondo
01-05-2009, 12:54
40K Sideboard Tourney, using the new IG codex.

Hypaspist
01-05-2009, 13:01
Saturday is carpet cleaning day (from last rented house- renting a carpet cleaning machine which should be 'a' kind of fun?)

Sunday Morning I am going to repair the card warhound (see avatar) which having built from lackof's templates took a beating in my recent house move, (one ankle broken, other leg broken, one gun broken) before having dinner with our ex landlords.

Monday I shall see, I very much suspect that with no internet (still, heavens preserve me) it will be an excellent opportunity to get some more AoBR Orks built, or paint some veterans for a campaign game on Wednesday.
hope you all have good and fun weekends! :)

NealSmith
01-05-2009, 13:14
I got the BT LR Crusader black primed last night... It's 90% done! :)

I almost finished my LR. I just need to christen it and flat spray it.

Still haven't decided what the main project will be...

For some reason, I thought the new releases were next weekend, so now a trip to the FLGS to pick up my IG Codex and Valkyrie kit will be added to the list... :)

Mercer
01-05-2009, 13:15
I'm going to put some decals on my Blood Angels and Imperial Fists and probably undercoat another 5 Fists. Then got my mums 50th party to go to :D

Onidan
01-05-2009, 13:22
Ah, a new weekend.

Iīll probably meet my game quota for this month this weekend allready as I invited some friends over for a BBQ and lotsa beer. Some of them play WH, so a few games should present themselves ^^

On the other hand that means my plog will be annother weekend un-updated as I wonīt be able to paint anything or continue my hammerer unit...

Deon
01-05-2009, 16:42
Well this weekend i have to work,
but i'll try to get some zombie's done when i get home.
I have done almost 6 this week, so still 14 to go.
and still a varghulf and a banshee waiting for me.
I'll try to do them on monday or Tuesday when i have my day off.

40kdhs
01-05-2009, 18:36
If i can't find a game this Saturday, i'll study and watch a movie.

Nexus Trimean
01-05-2009, 18:44
I have a New Valkirye to assemble and paint :D

satanslandlady
01-05-2009, 18:46
Just paint her in "body paint"? No actual outfit, but paint something on her that covers her up? Tastefully... of course! :) This would be extremely hard for me to make look good, but you may have the talent to pull it off!

Just a thought!

Well I don't really know how to make Slaanesh tasteful :p but I will consider at least tattooing her. I've done it on my daemonettes modeling them after the ones in the codex.

Corrode
01-05-2009, 18:51
Tattooing can look quite cool, and it fits rather well with Slaanesh - there's pleasure and pain involved and then something nice and aesthetic afterwards. :D

Turns out I'll also be able to get a game in tomorrow against my friend's Marines. I'm currently 3-0 against him so here's hoping that continues. (and yes, that means I've beaten a sum total of 1 other person, why do I keep that WLD thing in my sig when I suck so hard? :\)

Oguleth
01-05-2009, 19:29
Saturday: Paint 6 Chaos Warriors; possibly get some kind of codex for laidback reading (Imperial Guard or Nids, most likely).

Sunday: Go to the local club to try to get some games off.. Was gonna attend a small FB tourney there, but as some of my models have gone MIA, I will try to play 40k, and hope I can play against something that isn't Eldar. After that, try to paint a rhino (or at least start on it).

BigBadBull
01-05-2009, 20:18
Finishing up the low half of my Reaver , starting work on the upper half, picking up my Guard dex.

Fire Harte
01-05-2009, 20:29
I'm trying to make a reasonable pace with 5 terminators. Got two done already and 3 left to assemble. Then I aim to get them painted over the sunday/monday.

Also going to the hobby store for the obvious release of things...

LordofWar1986
04-05-2009, 06:10
Well since I won't be able to jump on and post an update on how my weekend went, I figured I would say how each of the the things I planned turned out.

1) I finished converting my squads of guardsmen! and I have a new digital camera to try out for them!
2) Got my new IG codex :) already blazing away at new lists for my IG!! WOO!!
3) Well so here I came up with the courage to talk to my hot neighbor, at least to try and get to know her a bit. I noticed that she was walking her dog, and that she had a pair of big sunglasses that covered a lot of her face. I asked her if I could join her on her walk with my dog as well, she says "sure, even dogs need to socialize."

While we were strolling, I said "So -insert her name- do you work or go to school in the area?"

She gives me this puzzled look and says "I'm sorry, my name is -her actual name-. You must be mistaking me for my sister......"

I felt soooo embarrassed to have not noticed the different facial features, cause of the damn sunglasses. Similar hair, body type, and clothing too!! UGH!

So to end it short, I put my foot in my mouth and ended the talk short after walking my dog. I went home and worked on cutting up some IG special weapons :(

The joy of mistaking identity.....

Skyrir
04-05-2009, 06:57
This weekend I bought more csm and assembled it all with a couple conversions: 7 plague marines, 11 standard csm, 5 DA vets converted to chaos chosen, a dreadnought, a land raider , 5 terminators, and a greater demon of nurgle. Maybe next weekend I'll paint some, at least the dreadnought,

Dr. Hellbeast
04-05-2009, 11:13
Well since I won't be able to jump on and post an update on how my weekend went, I figured I would say how each of the the things I planned turned out.

1) I finished converting my squads of guardsmen! and I have a new digital camera to try out for them!
2) Got my new IG codex :) already blazing away at new lists for my IG!! WOO!!
3) Well so here I came up with the courage to talk to my hot neighbor, at least to try and get to know her a bit. I noticed that she was walking her dog, and that she had a pair of big sunglasses that covered a lot of her face. I asked her if I could join her on her walk with my dog as well, she says "sure, even dogs need to socialize."

While we were strolling, I said "So -insert her name- do you work or go to school in the area?"

She gives me this puzzled look and says "I'm sorry, my name is -her actual name-. You must be mistaking me for my sister......"

I felt soooo embarrassed to have not noticed the different facial features, cause of the damn sunglasses. Similar hair, body type, and clothing too!! UGH!

So to end it short, I put my foot in my mouth and ended the talk short after walking my dog. I went a worked on cutting up some IG special weapons :(

Ouch. Just ouch. I feel for you, old chap.

Although it sounds like an easy mistake to make. Just bide your time. You'll find a way to turn this around to your advantage.

It'll give you a good "IN" with the correct sister if you play it right, by playing the lovable slapstick guy who made a funny mistake. Just get her name right, for Christ's sake. :D

satanslandlady
04-05-2009, 15:38

So to end it short, I put my foot in my mouth and ended the talk short after walking my dog. I went a worked on cutting up some IG special weapons :(

lol...nice... well at least you had the courage to try and that's half the battle.
----------------------

As for my weekend goals I did paint some of Sophie. I did a base coat on her skin and painted some on her wings. I'm still actually trying to smooth out there I removed her belts. My bf's roomate said her butt kinda looked like she has cellulite >.< I've since corrected that and was also trying to smooth out her stomach and especially her crotch. Can't have that looking strange...

Oh and I bought the book "Daemon World" by Ben Counter. Full of Daemonie goodness. I'm over half way done with it already.

Corrode
04-05-2009, 18:59
Lordofwar, hard luck but don't feel too bad about it. You now have an 'in' with the sister - unless she's a total bitch she's not going to think you're stupid, she's just going to think it's amusing/cute and now you have something to break the ice next time you see her. Think positive!

I got the Grotz done, they're just waiting for bases now (which they'll get this weekend). I didn't get around to the Orks since I managed to leave my DA Green in Bristol. That said, I've decided to build a unit of Kommandos out of the dodgy old Stormboy models, since I hate those plastic/metal hybrids. Instead I'll use the plastic bodies that I have spare and make Kommandos. I tried a test camo scheme out (red/browns so a kind of autumn camo, partly inspired by that scene at the end of Ali G Indahouse) and it worked ok, so I think I'll pick up Snikrot on Tuesday. :D

Oh, and I won the game. 3-1 on objectives, he had three models left and I only lost one squad and a Looted Wagon.

Fire Harte
04-05-2009, 19:29
I painted two terminators and did a massive brainstorm for traitor guard. I also won a Hairy Blackhead whoops Huron Blackheart model in a quiz so I'll be putting him to use!

Captain Micha
04-05-2009, 19:35
I didn't paint or assemble my guardsmen.. I know... terrible.

But I did win two games this weekend. One utter trouncing of Tau, and one hard bloody fight against Necrons.

bocaj
04-05-2009, 22:15
Bought blood crusher and plague bearers painted plaguebearers ran out of spray Damn can't do any more.

satanslandlady
08-05-2009, 14:43
Starting off the this weekend's goals...
WIN! Yes, yes off to a tournament I go. It's a doubles tournament. I got asked last minute because my bf's brother canceled on him. I decided to be mean and make him beg me to go :p because I wanted to go in the first place but he wanted to go with his brother -_-. Now I wish I hadn't been painting Sophie this whole time and was painting what I actually need to take :cries: I can't win appearance unless I'd been painting these past 3 weeks straight. Oh well wish me luck anyways. Might be able to win fluff story ^-^

Oh and I'm using my winnings from the last tournament I was in to get another soul grinder today! Now I'll have two ^-^

Captain Micha
08-05-2009, 14:48
Tonight.... painting and assembling guardsmen... once I finish that? Hopefully at some point this weekend I'll be playing in a Star Wars Saga campaign. Most likely will be gaming Sunday.

My goals, finish the guardsmen so I have plenty of extras or the option to field pure Infantry at 1500, and to win my next 40k games.

NealSmith
08-05-2009, 15:14
Last night I decided to revamp my SM list for 1,500 point game(s) next weekend. I've decided to add some terminators and either a terminator captain or a terminator chaplain. I already had the figures put together (did it this week), so it might not be too bad. Only 6 figures to paint. Should be able to get the airbrushing parts done tonight and then start working on details Saturday.

I still want to try and get a game in with my son! He's being the social butterfly lately... :)

Cultist of Sooty
08-05-2009, 15:46
I need to paint some extra zombies for a Dark Heresy game next weekend. I have 16 done so far, and another 10 assembled and undercoated.

I've also got, each about 2/3 finished, a zombie space marine and a cultist that I'd like to finish.

Bellygrub
08-05-2009, 15:51
Heading to Gamesday Baltimore. That's enough hobbying for one weekend :)

Sirroelivan
08-05-2009, 16:23
Hopefully getting a unit of Warhounds done this evening. Everything else I get done is a plus.

satanslandlady
11-05-2009, 14:49
Well went to the tournament this weekend and my team won best team up and I got store credit ^-^. So goodies this weekend were one soul grinder, one fiend of Slaanesh and a pot of magenta wash. Tried to assemble the fiend... it apparently came with 2 left arms which is proving somewhat awkward.

NealSmith
11-05-2009, 16:56
Got my game in with my son... He barely beat me in a 1,500 point annihilation game... The whole time I'm thinking... "Man! That's a lot of figures for 1,500 points. And I'm killing them left and right and they are still coming..." We worked out the list later that night and it turns out he had almost 2,200 points of figures/upgrades... He has since started writing the list down on paper... The little monkey! :)

Scrapped my idea of doing the Terminators. Never have good luck with these. Going to work on a jump pack Chaplain instead and bring back the assault squad! Woohoo!

Captain Micha
11-05-2009, 16:57
Mothers Day came up. (I forgot too!) so I wound up making my mom breakfast on Sunday didn't get my games in after all.

However I did finish my guardsmen before mother's day!

I should now have enough guardsmen to do an all infantry force at 1500 if I want to.

Dr. Hellbeast
15-05-2009, 08:43
This weekend I will definitely do some work on my Stormlord.

NealSmith
15-05-2009, 13:02
Got the jump pack Chaplain done. Played another quick game testing him out with my son this week.

Our group is meeting Saturday for a lot of individual games. I'm hoping to get at least 3 games in during the day/evening.

Not sure what I want to paint next... Probably need to finish my son's BT LR Crusader. I might finish putting together the rest of my SM company and then paint that. That's been the goal to get a whole company w/ transport, etc.

Those Baneblades, Stompas, Valkyries are calling to me too... I so want to put them together! :)

d0dgeuk
15-05-2009, 13:26
Finish of 5 fire dragons and start a wave serpent for my tale of three gamers deadline

SharpSilver
15-05-2009, 13:49
Assembling some new units tonight and probably spend saturday at my local.

Captain Micha
15-05-2009, 14:12
Eye appointment today, Sunday most likely gaming day.

CyberC1
15-05-2009, 14:20
Gaming tonight @ GW and ideally another 10 Dark Eldar. sigh - almost.. almost done...
racing this weekend, can't do anything else hobby related... hopefully the 10 DE get done quick :)

Corrode
15-05-2009, 15:09
Well, there's a 3-round tournament on at the local GW with an interesting rule (permadeath over the course of the day) so I'm going to go and try that out.

On top of that I might try and finish these ******* Lootas off, but really it should be revision time since I have an exam in a week and haven't attended a single lecture :\

satanslandlady
15-05-2009, 15:21
*Assemble my 10 chaos space marines
*Fix Sophie's wing after it fell off ;_;
*Assemble my Soul Grinder

Though I really should be finding a fabric store to start sewing my anime con costume.

And on another note my local game store is hosting a geeky singles night o.o this weekend I believe.

CyberC1
15-05-2009, 16:14
They have geeky singles nights???

satanslandlady
15-05-2009, 16:39
They have geeky singles nights???

Apparently according to the information it's the 3rd one they've hosted. I'm kinda curious if they actually work or it's just a bunch of guys and not a single woman in sight :p but the notice promises candy and adoration to females haha.

Nexus Trimean
15-05-2009, 17:21
Apparently according to the information it's the 3rd one they've hosted. I'm kinda curious if they actually work or it's just a bunch of guys and not a single woman in sight :p but the notice promises candy and adoration to females haha.

I Like the idea, but Im not sure how well it would work in execution.

Oguleth
15-05-2009, 17:59
Didn't mange to paint the rhino as I was supposed to do from my last post, so I guess that's the goal this weekend. The club is closed on the norwegian national day however, so no gaming for me. Though I guess I wouldn't have anyway, bit heretical..

eek107
15-05-2009, 18:16
Gaming night tonight... with a bit of luck I might finally be able to play the new IG codex for the first time.

Then a whole weekend of terrain making and painting old stuff to put up on ebay.

NealSmith
18-05-2009, 13:50
OK, got two games in on Saturday.

First against Sisters of Battle. A very nicely planned assault (Rhino Rush) on my lines, but I was able to engage them with both firepower and a ten man assault squad + Chaplain and hold them off. It was annihilation and I was worried for a while because I was getting all of his squads down to 1-2 figures, but I wasn't actually killing them! It worked itself out in the end for a 5 (1 rhino, 4 10-woman squads)-3 (two rhino types and 5-man Dev) victory.

Second against Chaos SM. We called this a draw (advantage to me) as I chose not to take my last turn as it was running real late. I could have contested his objective and held on to one of mine. That would have been a 1-0 objective win for me. It was a long range slugfest. Only close combats involved deep striking CSM Termies and my deep striking assault squad/chaplain combo.

Then... I decided to finish off my DIY SM company and flush it out to full size. I'm doing all of the Rhino's etc. too.

Finished already: 3 tactical squads, assault squad, two HQs, Most of two full devastator squads. Two Rhinos. Razorback.

WIP - Devastator heavy weapons, Devastator sergeant for second squad, command squad, 6 Rhinos

Started putting together the other assault squad (completed) and the 3 other tactical squads are partially assembled (legs/torso/backpack/head).

Once this company is done (another week or two?) I think I might move on to some Orks... :)

Captain Micha
18-05-2009, 13:53
Victory, now have contacts, and guard got another victory.

satanslandlady
18-05-2009, 14:54
Well I completed all my weekend's goals except the soul grinder didn't quite get finished. Still have some of the leg armor bits to glue on and some conversion work to do on it. But I made a deal for 10 metal daemonettes. I'm trading 5 pink horrors and 5 plague bearers ^-^.

Corrode
18-05-2009, 15:31
I ended up doing 1 1/2 Loota guns, out of the 5 remaning, but on the plus side I played 3 games, winning 2 and losing one. With any luck I'll get the blasted things done this week, and then I can finally move on to another, more interesting unit.

Jellicoe
18-05-2009, 18:40
Preparing for an 8500 - 10,000 point apocalypse with General Steiner in June at Nottingham - v. excited as we will be using the fortress wall table.

I am therefore frantically painting Genestealers and Gargoyles and wondering where I can find another easy 250 points. I am also waiting anxiously for my forgeworld warrior wings I ordered mid April

Dr. Hellbeast
21-05-2009, 21:27
Well, this long weekend I intend to continue greenstuffing a prototype Codex Imperialis guardsman head. Also do at least a little work on my bloomin' Stormlord.

Khornies & milk
21-05-2009, 23:02
I'm in the midst of painting my 30 Guardsmen, using a WW 2 German paint scheme, with a tie-in to my Tanks and such.

Can I ask a Q...the Vendettas, seen as they're a part of the Imperial Navy but sequestered to a Battlegroup/Regiment (is this correct?)...do they have to have a paintjob similar to the Battlegroup, or do they still adopt their Imperial Navy Wing colours?

NealSmith
22-05-2009, 01:01
I've put together my 10 assault marines and 30 Tactical marines this week, so I'll start working on priming and airbrushing the base coat and the camo (shhhh! I know they aren't supposed to be camo! :) )...

Maybe I'll work on finishing the 6 Rhinos that have been sitting camo'd for a few months now... :)

I'm really psyched about finishing off a whole battle company!

dblaz3r
22-05-2009, 01:27
This weekend I am getting started on painting my Sammeal on jetbike. I can't wait to get the first lick of paint on that sucker, two years in my bits box and the day has finally come. :D

laudarkul
22-05-2009, 06:35
A new weekend for 40k...
So Saturday I have to learn for some stupid exams (Monday and Tuesday). So that's means this day are off gaming...
Today I want to depart from work early in order to get to dentist and then to my game club to face a very good Tau player with my nooB DH army (sound like a defeat but I have to give the best of me not to be wipe out).
After the game while watching my favorite soccer team game I want to paint a couple of models and also to was the resin GK Dread in order to start painting it.
Tomorrow maybe I'll go to the game club to start assembly my Sentinel (and my Hydra flak tank if it's arrive today) as well as playing a game (with the new guard).Tomorrow night it's going to be dedicated to the Thunderbolt fighter (cut it from the sprue then wash it and make to receive chaos black undercoat). In my spare time maybe painting the arms/weapons arms for 10 IG (flamers/GL/ML).

Death Korp
22-05-2009, 07:57
Well, I have this weekend and next week off! :)

So, I'll be preparing for my exams obviously, doing bits of work on my WoC horde, painting my Iron Warriors Shadowsword and trying to get out of the house with my mates.

DK

Dr. Hellbeast
22-05-2009, 08:20
I'm in the midst of painting my 30 Guardsmen, using a WW 2 German paint scheme, with a tie-in to my Tanks and such.

Can I ask a Q...the Vendettas, seen as they're a part of the Imperial Navy but sequestered to a Battlegroup/Regiment (is this correct?)...do they have to have a paintjob similar to the Battlegroup, or do they still adopt their Imperial Navy Wing colours?

Hi, Khornies,

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the codex says that they can sometimes adopt the colours of the force they're attached to or keep their own. Again, I'm not sure of this (I might have just dreamed it :)), but you can go just with whatever looks best for your force, I reckon.

What scheme do you have in mind? You gonna post pictures?

Khornies & milk
22-05-2009, 08:39
Damn, I never thought to look in the new Codex actually...I was looking in the IA books, and I couldn't see an answer to my specific Q in there.

I could just do what I want but wanted to see if there is a 'specific' way to approach it.

Some of the FOW books have a lot of colour schemes in them and I was thinking of doing a Luftwaffe style scheme from a late war ME109.

Fay_Redd
22-05-2009, 10:44
Oh man. i completely forgot about this thread.

Well since it is the weekend i'll post my goals. Ive got to get my Tzeentch Sorcerer fully painted, his blue armour is done i need to work his trim and weapons. If i concentrate on him tonight o may well complete him.

It's also Half Term for me from college next week so Iv'e got plenty of painting time to paint more. I need to get 2 Khorne Beserkers done and a unit of possessed.

Corrode
22-05-2009, 11:42
Well, if the mass of Marine stuff arrives tomorrow I'll try and get some of that glued and basecoated, I'm moving into a new flat though so this weekend may end up being a write-off in gaming terms :|

NealSmith
22-05-2009, 13:08
Some of the FOW books have a lot of colour schemes in them and I was thinking of doing a Luftwaffe style scheme from a late war ME109.

I've always wanted to try to replicate this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Vr6jNQmG2zw/SacpkRJl2YI/AAAAAAAAA9w/sVOdHDMbj6U/s400/109+in+Desert.jpg

Killgore
22-05-2009, 13:11
I'v got 3 half painted Ulthwe Guardian jetbikers to finish off, and possibly make a start on my Shining Spears

who knows what i might do after that if iv got time... maybe make a gun Banner for my Phantom titan.

the-skylord
22-05-2009, 15:11
Well i got exams on tuseday and thursady next week. So all 40k has been packed away so i will actually revise instead of painting.

Then once the exams are over im moving out of halls and into to a flat so my 40k will have to stay packed away.

on the other hand my order from Wayland should be arriving soon! Shame i got revision to do.

htj
22-05-2009, 15:43
I'm at work all weekend, but I'm hoping to finish off my Seraphim and Celestians in the evenings.

Captain Micha
22-05-2009, 15:55
Hopefully I get to game this weekend, and hopefully I'll be watching Terminator Salvation.

I expect my Necrons to take the field shortly after.....

Fire Harte
22-05-2009, 16:01
A holidayer from Perth is wanting to play an apocalypse game at our store. I'll probs join in! :D

NealSmith
22-05-2009, 21:19
I got my 10 assault marines and 30 tactical squad guys primed this afternoon (1/2 day vacation... :) ) and I'm going to try base coating them tonight... If I have enough paint... I remember thinking I was running low... :)

Deon
22-05-2009, 22:00
well i am going to try putting 40 skelletons together 20 of a friend and 20 of my self and maby my friends corpse cart.

mughi3
23-05-2009, 08:35
i beat the weekend to the punch so to speak, had to take the day off to get a new roof put on my house, went painting crazy and finished off my admech army(deathwing template with allied witch hunters).

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/admechfinal.jpg

No more 40K to paint till july when ironclads are finally released.
:eek: :wtf: :D

Dr. Hellbeast
29-05-2009, 08:42
Three words:

Demiurg

Space Slann

Khornies & milk
29-05-2009, 08:46
Still painting those b----y Guardsmen. My fault though, as for some insane reason I decided that I'd paint each arm/weapon/torso seperately before gluing together. What a pain in the a$$.

Warsmith_13
29-05-2009, 09:40
I'll be buying 2 boxes of Khorne Berserkers and at least trying to get them assembled for my fledgling World Eaters army

Killgore
29-05-2009, 12:01
well i got nothing done that i wanted to last weekend, maybe this weekend ill finish my jetbikes :P

NealSmith
29-05-2009, 12:59
I didn't quite finish off what I had planned for last weekend...

I got 2 out of 3 colors airbrushed onto my 40 space marines.
I also built the Warhammer "Stonehenge" terrain thingy. Looks pretty cool. Was thinking of "Spinal Tap" the whole time I was working on it...

This week, I put together 20 Stormboyz and started working on the Big MEK SAG guy last night.

For the weekend, I'm going to finish off the third color on my space marines and then assemble more Orks.

I find I just like putting the models together much more than painting them lately! :)

Captain Micha
29-05-2009, 13:01
Hopefully this weekend I will run (rained all week so I had to skip out on running).

Play some Star Wars Saga, and maybe some 40k.

I'm thinking I'll be playing my Guard and if I think it's possible to get in a second game I'll play Necrons afterwards.... Because the Terminator movie was good enough to bring my Crons back out over.

The boyz
29-05-2009, 13:03
This weekend, I shall be mostly sorting out my new painting area and making a start on some Napoleonic British miniatures that arrived this week in the post. Maybe, having a play around with my new airbrush too.

Urath
29-05-2009, 13:07
Got a party tomorrow, that should be "fun".
But until/after then, I'll be sorting out my fledging Emperor's Children and hopefully getting my hands on some Vanguard Veterans.
Attempting to sell my blasted Chaos Space Marine army :|

40k Boy
29-05-2009, 13:08
I've got to get painting my guardsmen this weekend - i've had my current guard army for nearly a year and after nearly a year of 'test painting' random guardsmen to find a colour scheme i like, that suits my fluff, i've decided on one (I'm great at being decisive, obviously...). So, i've got about a third of the infantry base coated so far, now i just need to go on with the other 3000pts or so that is just black! Fortunately this includes around 10 vehicles, so the guard horde won't overwhelm me too much.

Aside from that i should have three new Ogryns arriving in the post today/tomorrow, since they are now worth buying, and they'll need assembling before my battle on Wednesday. AND, if i get time i've found 4 flagellant frames in my bitz box, so i want to kit bash those with a couple of unassembled cadian frames i have and try and create some psykers for my battle psyker squad.

Hopefully i'll get at least one of the above done :)

Freakiq
29-05-2009, 13:15
Paint up my 1000 point Crimson Fist army in preparation for an upcoming tourney.

Might play some test games aswell.

Madfool2
29-05-2009, 13:17
I'm painting Imperial guardsmen ATM. It's going well, almost got one squad done, but then again I have a lot to do, confident I'm going to get it done though and I really want to play Guard.

Here's hoping I can start shooting lasguns and giving light shows and discos to everything, I think the Eldar will enjoy it.

BaloOrk
29-05-2009, 13:31
Oh, this weekend is "workshop weekend" with a couple of buddies n beers.
I`ll be converting some kommandos, and hopefully scratchbuild a couple of battlewagons.
(last time, i accident glued me tounge to my hand, very very funny :))

40k Boy
29-05-2009, 13:39
(last time, i accident glued me tounge to my hand, very very funny :))

That is actually something i can see an ork mekboy doing as well while tinkering with Battlewagons!!

colmarekblack
29-05-2009, 13:47
Getting mortal at the uni drink the bar dry. Then tomorrow got a paint competition at my LGS. Entered a Shadow Sword, Guard Veteran squad and a High Elf.

So in all a hectic weekend...

Petay1985
29-05-2009, 13:48
I will be attempting to help a friend (cpt_baughan) make usagble rules for each chaos legion, paint 5 Red Scorpions assault marines to reach my half battle company mile stone!!

I am intending to fuel the process with beer!!

satanslandlady
29-05-2009, 15:07
Might have a little time to paint this weekend.. I need to figure out how to strip the paint off the new daemonettes I got. But I have a zombie march this weekend so rawr.

Nexus Trimean
29-05-2009, 16:13
Apoc Game Tomorrow at the FLGS, First time i get to use my baneblade! and maybe Frantic painting of My Artillary battery tonight. Wish i had a hydra, Im expecting a lot of people with Flyers tomorrow. >_<

Onidan
29-05-2009, 16:34
First weekend since end of april I have time to get some stuff done. Probably assembling what I have left and priming it. Maybe, and just maybe, Iīll get my Salamanders (the Lizardmen unit, not the Space Marines) done.

AngryAngel
29-05-2009, 18:04
Same thing I do every weekend, try to take over the world on warhammer game at a time. Teach some new players, recall lots of rules, and generally bask in the glory that is slaughter. All the while spending some relaxing time with my good friends, at least a few of them.

Then sunday, going through the worlds most dangerous white wolf game where death is always but a moment away.

satanslandlady
01-06-2009, 16:21
I got nothing hobby related done this weekend. However I did dress up as a zombie and scare people. I think this is a minor accomplishment.

Once my bank's new balance shows up then I can go buy more figures... as if I didn't have enough.

NealSmith
01-06-2009, 18:03
I didn't get much done either... I got a bunch of Orks put together, but that was about it! :)

Spacker
01-06-2009, 20:33
For the first time in a month I managed to get something 40k model related built - my Age of Strife Objective Marker Competition entry (http://www.ageofstrife.com/gallery/AoSCommunity07/ammo_dump_001) :D The previous one I had finished about 1 hour before the deadline, this time I had over 24 hours left which is pretty good for me as I tend to leave most things to the last minute.

Now I just need to find enough time to finish organising an AoS weekend at Warhammer World, build a few hundred figures/models, and paint about 30,000 points worth of stuff. Unfortunately I'm at a wedding this weekend coming so that lot will have to wait another 2 weeks yet ... :angel:

satanslandlady
01-06-2009, 22:05
The chaos space marines i ordered arrived... they also arrived with a pamphlet asking "Are you going to heaven?" this is a joke right?

Dr. Hellbeast
05-06-2009, 10:12
I have a sinking feeling that the girlfriend is going to be into Big Brother this year.

That considered, it looks like I'm going to be able to get some serious hobbying done over the summer. Just got to find an effective way to drown out the vacuous drivel pouring out of the mouths of the latest collection of pseudo-human egotists now.

If the surprise housemate this year is a hungry polar bear I will tune in. Otherwise, I'll just continue to sink into dismay over what this society has become. :cries:

htj
05-06-2009, 10:54
When? When will they give them all guns?

Dr. Hellbeast
05-06-2009, 11:00
I wouldn't trust any of them to be able to handle firearms. Let's face it, they'd just drop the gun and wander off toward something shiny as soon as they caught their reflection in it. It's like Springwatch and Planet of the Apes rolled into one three month pain-fest for anybody with hopes of seeing mankind evolve spiritually and intellectually.

puppetmaster24
05-06-2009, 11:01
getting more spray paint (i never seem to have enough) and getting another necron destroyer.

htj
05-06-2009, 11:25
Hmm, that's true. Maybe booby traps are the way to go.

Finally, I have a weekend off! I'll probably do less hobby stuff though, because I can do two-days-off-in-a-row stuff. Probably just make endless Guard lists, now that I have the damn Codex.

Dr. Hellbeast
05-06-2009, 11:38
Yeah, I really should get back on topic before I force myself to close my own thread.

I'm working on A Codex Imperialis guardsman at the moment. I have sawn a Steel Legion Lieutenant up to get the legs and am putting a Kasrkin torso on it, with the Steel Legion dude's skull-helmeted bonce for the head. There has been an awful lot of precision sawing and filing involved so far, but he's starting to look so sweet that I know I'm gonna be tempted to make an entire squad of them to use as stormtroopers. That's gonna take a lot of man-hours to achieve.

I'm also working on a Jokaero conversion based on an Ogre Kingdoms Yhetee body (pleasingly ape-like, I must say), a Demiurg chappy, a Space Slann fella using skink and kroot bitz, and I'm very tempted to shorten the limbs and torso on a Cadian troop and green stuff a beard on him to see if he looks squat-like.

Oh, and the winged Living Saint conversion I intend to use Bloodthirster rules for. She'll have pegasus wings, the Empire wizard's flaming sword, and be flying at FW Avatar head level somehow. I think I'm also gonna do a headswap and put the Daemonette herald head with the big flowing hair on to give her a crazy, manga look.

Duce
05-06-2009, 11:52
hopefully:

2 whirlwinds,
1 landraider,

and some terrain for city board.

NealSmith
05-06-2009, 13:18
My son and I are playing with the FLGS group Saturday. Two games and maybe a third if we play quickly enough! :)

These games are coming just in time to motivate me to paint again! A week ago, I was all gung-ho, but I lost it since then and was going to "take a weekend off" this weekend. :)

I've been putting together a ton of Orks over the last week or so. Got my Battlewagon completed last night. It's a pretty cool model I have to say! Also completed 20 Stormboyz, 2 of the old metal Nobz (they don't look so Nob-like compared to the new plastic boyz...), Boss Zagstruck, 3 Mega Armor Nobz, the Big Mek w/SAG, and a Weirdboy.

Now I just need to paint some of this stuff! LOL

P.S. Never tried to watch "Big Brother". I could see that train wreck before it happened I think... What is up with these shows? I guess technically I watch some "reality TV"... Amazing Race (becoming kind of repetitive...), Deadliest Catch (Shut up and fish!), Ice Road Truckers (Is this season going to be lame?) and Mythbusters! LOL

Important
05-06-2009, 13:25
Hopefully getting my word bearer army done. 500points / 3000points done on a week with work 5days that week. Things looking pretty good! :P

Bunnahabhain
05-06-2009, 13:27
Paint, base, and squad mark a platoon or so of undercoated guardsmen, and apply for jobs.

Or go climbing, if the weather is better than I expect.

Fire Harte
05-06-2009, 13:31
Should be playing a game with the orkz tomorrow. Hopefully two!

satanslandlady
05-06-2009, 14:50
Paint.. Paint.. Paint... I've been spending at least 8 hours per a daemonette... Maybe I'll have some of my stuff i ordered arrive.

colmarekblack
05-06-2009, 15:06
As per usual got work tonight and tomorrow, but downloading episodes of Red Dwarf from youtube for future enjoyment.

40k related, carry on with the Valkyrie. Just got the white to do and the hull is finished :). Then onto the interior.

Grimbad
05-06-2009, 19:09
I have SAT subject tests tomorrow and I'm away from home for the weekend. When I get back, I'll probably spraypaint the mordian mortars I got from ebay.

Asuryata
05-06-2009, 19:24
Since I am brand new to GW I think I am going to start the Academy classes so I can pick up a lot of skills. I also am going to buy some Eldar models, probably the most basic and easiest to paint. Can't wait to start!

don_mondo
05-06-2009, 19:26
This Saturday (06 Jun) small club tourney. Of course, I still have to finish two models to get ready for it.
Sunday granddaughters birthday party.

Killgore
05-06-2009, 19:32
Got my Jetbikes done now!

now I have 20 Dire Avengers to make and paint ready for an Apocalypse battle in a week and abit (they are on Phantom Titan defence duties).

satanslandlady
08-06-2009, 14:25
Got a box of dryads this weekend for conversions and my friends arrived. Need to start actually gluing them if I want to go to a tournament this week...

Earthbeard
08-06-2009, 15:06
Well weekend escaped my modelling stuff, but hopefully going to finish Assembling my 15 halberd armed chaos warrios and making a start on the knights for my chaos knights!

Need to get another box of knights for some chariot conversions.

But 40k wise, need to make a start on some more Firewarrior "count-as"

NealSmith
08-06-2009, 16:02
Played two games Saturday and started another one with my son Sunday night!

Worst moment of the weekend... My SM vs. Orks... "City terrain"... Capture and Control Mission... Dawn of War deployment... I'm going second... I had 6" of table to deploy my two troops with all of my real firepower off table. It was "over" by turn two. We could have played, more, but it would have been an exercise in futility since I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to contest all of the objectives with what I had left...

I've challenged him to a fair fight again later... LOL

Shrapnel
08-06-2009, 16:54
Saturday just gone (6th) We held a D-Day themed Apocalypse scenario.

8,000 points a side, IG and Black Templars assaulting the Chaos, Tyranid and Necron held planet of "Phrance".

It was pretty good fun, except that most of our armour was immobilised on the beach :(
(on the plus side, we finally used the chimera's amphibious special rule)

I'll see if I can find some pics cos the board set-up looked great.

NealSmith
08-06-2009, 17:36
Saturday just gone (6th) We held a D-Day themed Apocalypse scenario.

This is good. The guy, in our group, who was playing IG said that they were representing Company A, 116th Regiment, 29th Division vs. Tyranids! They faired a whole lot better than their namesakes...

Grimbad
13-06-2009, 01:18
Well, the summer's here...

On the to-do list:
-Prime and paint mortar battery
-Finish building leman russ punisher
-Paint standard stompa
-Find a permanent fix for burna boy stompa's left arm- apparently glue doesn't stick to marbles very well
-Buy codex: IG

NealSmith
13-06-2009, 02:34
My son's out camping with the Boy Scouts this weekend, so no new games. :(

I think I'm going to take a break from marines and paint some Orks this weekend! There's a Nobz mob that's calling my name... :)

laudarkul
13-06-2009, 07:09
This weekend I have to write something for a faculty exam so no more modelling. But if I buy a Chaos Black spray that means a little painting on a 20 man IG box.

satanslandlady
15-06-2009, 14:37
Barely got any painting done on my greater daemon. Bought left 4 dead and it took over my life instead.

Death Korp
15-06-2009, 16:16
Left 4 Dead, on X BOX?

L4D2 is coming out soon Chainsaws ftw!

Last weekend, I did revison. This weekend, more Warriors of Chaos! And Iron Warriors.

DK

satanslandlady
15-06-2009, 16:26
Nah for PC. Yeah I heard about the 2nd one coming out. Fun game ^-^

NealSmith
15-06-2009, 17:33
Except for talking with a friend about 40K tactics, new stuff, etc; I didn't do anything else 40K related this past weekend... :)

Next weekend beckons...

laudarkul
15-06-2009, 17:40
I did not touch my IG troops this weekend.After a soccer game I went to the club where I chat with the guys there and also buy and assembly a Sentinel. This weekend I hope to play a game with IG and maybe a game in the League with DH/IG(against Tau again:eyebrows:).

satanslandlady
26-06-2009, 17:01
A tournament weekend for me and painting and assembling. My last soul grinder arrived to start prepping for 'Ard Boyz

Radium
26-06-2009, 17:04
Painting the legs of my titan (hopefully). And driving my little brother to some music shop to pick up a twin pedal for his drum kit.

I love weekends!

Cuda
26-06-2009, 20:39
...And I finished my Iron Warriors Storm Lord, nice too. Rusted, weathered and looking very old. Vermin Brown such a great color for age. Finished my Scourges which I luckily found at the hobby store. Now I'm Almost done with 10 Plague Bearers. Chaos Black, Vermin Brown, Bleach Bone mix gives them an extremily rotting look. Lucious is almost done, went for the Pre-Heresy scheme with him. On the side I have some DE Hellions & Guard to paint. With the Guard I'm going Mech, paint as less troops as I can. Got a Soul Grinder and a Penitent Engine on the line.
Getting ready for Planet Strike, since I closed my Warhammer Online account I have more time to paint, yahoooooo!!!!

Cuda...

BigBadBull
26-06-2009, 20:43
just finished up the Reaver titan and it's bases.

Starting 2 Shadowswords and a IG Sent Recon unit.
Done a bit of the prep work on a Tau Tigershark and 3 FW land Raiders, and a FW Dread droppod, put thes are not a priorty right now.

Finishing up the 2 shadowswords are.

Fire Harte
26-06-2009, 21:00
Hopefully will play a few games and find my missing night lord so I can finish the unit! Gah!

Yautja
26-06-2009, 21:31
Put together 2 more Raiders and the squads of whyches that will ride them into battle this weekend. I need to get painting for a tournament thats on July 17.

finbob
26-06-2009, 23:17
Going to be commencing work on my new baneblade, carrying on with 3000 points of dwarfs I've been commisioned to paint, and working on the gaming table my kids bought me for father's day.

soul destroyer
27-06-2009, 02:07
Going to Bovington tank fest saturday to see some real armour then maybe try to finish my third IG platoon when I get home, its only taken 2 years to get this far and the end is in sight!

dblaz3r
27-06-2009, 02:13
Hopefully finish painting Sammael, he's taking forever. Best get back to him I guess, he isn't going to finish himself. :)

Dr. Hellbeast
14-08-2009, 13:32
Hi, thought I'd start another thread to ask people what their hobby goals are for the weekend. The other thread of the same name proved quite popular and saw quite a few posters using it every week to state their goals, then later updating to say whether or not they'd achieved them. For a few weeks somebody would always post and bring it back to the front page, but it got quite unwieldy, so here's a pop at a fresh one.

I intend to do some work on a Shadowsword I'm making for my friend's birthday. How about you guys? What you got planned?

Have a good weekend, all. :)

kurac
14-08-2009, 13:39
This Weekend i'm starting my campagn "The Orpheus Invasions" with three freinds.

We tried a rule linking the fights together so it looks like there's a constant flow of bugs, check out the sample...

Scenario 2: Kill it with Fire
Forces: Imperial Guard vs Tyranids
Deployement: Pitched Battle
Mission: Capture And Control
Invaders: Tyranids

Invaders:
The invading force is in reserve and rolls as normal, modifiers apply.
Roll Scatter for deployement zone and table side.
Deployement zone is 6" deep.
The invading units are in addition to the players army, and don't take up FOC slots
Tyranids: 10 Hormagaunts

DaSpaceAsians
14-08-2009, 13:48
It's my birthday and I'm finally going to finish my Guard Infantry and maybe start a painting log about my soon to be stripped guardsmen.

Dr. Hellbeast
14-08-2009, 13:49
It's my birthday and I'm finally going to finish my Guard Infantry and maybe start a painting log about my soon to be stripped guardsmen.

Happy birthday, Buddy. Have a good one. :)

DaSpaceAsians
14-08-2009, 13:59
Thanks mate

x-esiv-4c
14-08-2009, 14:01
Probably play some FoW.

SPYDER68
14-08-2009, 14:13
Possibly play in a 750 pt tourney.

Or play Aion all weekend.

Captain Micha
14-08-2009, 14:20
hopefully I'll get a 40k game in this weekend. Been so busy lately.

Captin Korea!
14-08-2009, 14:22
I'll finish painting my last unit of seeker and fiends of Slaanesh.

Binky
14-08-2009, 14:34
Few things I plan to do:

Do the final few bits of painting on my Hellhound
Finish painting the Basecoat of my Vanquisher, apply transfers and get it varnished ready for weathering and detail painting.
Scrub clean one Hydra, one Armageddon Pattern Basilisk and about 30 assorted Krieg models.

Joewrightgm
14-08-2009, 14:54
Looking to get in a couple of games of 40k with my orks that I brought up to 1,500 pts recently; they're a real wrecking crew as their first game I played showed me.

guillimansknight
14-08-2009, 15:02
Hi, thought I'd start another thread to ask people what their hobby goals are for the weekend. The other thread of the same name proved quite popular and saw quite a few posters using it every week to state their goals, then later updating to say whether or not they'd achieved them. For a few weeks somebody would always post and bring it back to the front page, but it got quite unwieldy, so here's a pop at a fresh one.

I intend to do some work on a Shadowsword I'm making for my friend's birthday. How about you guys? What you got planned?

Might buy and make a predator tank

Mainly black, blood Stains and some spiky bits

BigBadBull
14-08-2009, 15:07
Work on some FW terrain ( crashed valk, Hydra emp., and Missile silo)
Start a Shy Shield Landing pad
Finish 40 AoBR Marines.

Lord Humongous
14-08-2009, 15:14
Finish painting some terrain. Namely, my mother in laws house. Its cool, I love the lady, and we'll have friends helping.

I have some old deathgaurd metals in the works that I've already sprayed. All they need is some base coating of colored areas and final assembly, then I'm gonna "dip" them, so I should be able to do that in my spare time.

sycopat
14-08-2009, 15:16
I'm hopeing to get in a small game of 40k, and finish basing my termies

BrotherMoses
14-08-2009, 15:16
I'm going to pick up some new paint and supplies so I can paint instead of constantly plying this cursed forum.

Dr. Hellbeast
14-08-2009, 15:25
I'm going to pick up some new paint and supplies so I can paint instead of constantly plying this cursed forum.

Start up a plog. Best of both worlds.

iluvatar18
14-08-2009, 15:28
I'll be finishing a Rhino and painting that and a vindicator after I help someone move saturday. Maybe paint my converted sternguard vets. Maybe even get a game in!

zakk_wylde001
14-08-2009, 15:32
Complete a trade, buy an Ironclad and watch Arsenal on the TV.

Hopefully get some painting done too, although I'll probably fail.

SharpSilver
14-08-2009, 15:57
Hopefully finish painting my khorne berserkers and Iron Warriors.

Visited GW yesterday and found (expectantly) that they would not be receiving anymore Blood Claws or Grey Hunters till the new line is released. I wanted a squad of either to practice my Space Wolves techniques on so instead I had to make do with a 10 man regular tactical squad. So I shall be doing those this weekend.

Also bought the 1st space wolves omnibus to read.

sydbridges
14-08-2009, 15:58
How about you guys? What you got planned?

Move to a new apartment and paint up half a squad of tactical marines.

Grimbad
14-08-2009, 16:11
Hopefully finish painting the grenadiers in my mordian army. Maybe paint some actual mordians too.

Oguleth
14-08-2009, 16:18
Finish assembling most of the stacked up marines and undercoat em, so I can start painting em during next week. And GMing Dark Heresy on sunday, so I have an excuse that I needed to do something else if I don't finish assembling stuff :p

Private Ginger
14-08-2009, 17:41
I'm going to finish my third tactical marines squad and maybe, just maybe, buy an Assault Terminators box set. Just a quick OT question, Are the Terminators metal or plastic?

Dr. Hellbeast
14-08-2009, 17:44
I'm going to finish my third tactical marines squad and maybe, just maybe, buy an Assault Terminators box set. Just a quick OT question, Are the Terminators metal or plastic?

All plastic.

Private Ginger
14-08-2009, 18:12
Thank god. I hate metal miniatures with a passion.

iluvatar18
14-08-2009, 18:35
So I go to prime my guys, to find I'm out of prime. I call the hobby store, so are they.... What did I do to offend the Spray Can Gods!?

t-tauri
14-08-2009, 18:37

Please do not open the same thread again. Two threads merged.

Dr. Hellbeast
14-08-2009, 18:40
Please do not open the same thread again. Two threads merged.

Sorry. Couldn't find my first one. :(