PDA

View Full Version : 1,500 Mountains army (with alliance)

stiggie
24-04-2009, 12:11
Hey heres my 1,500 point army fixes/rates are appreciated

Epic Heroes

Goblin King
Duhrzag the Beast Caller
Gollum
Amdur, Lord of blades

Infantry Units
2 companies of Morian Goblins with Bows

4 companies of Morian Goblins with Shields and Drummer

3 companies of Morian Goblins with shields

1 company of Uruk-Hai Sappers

Cavalry

3x Companies of Wargs

3x companies of Giant Spiders

2 companies of Giant Spiders

Monsters

Balrog
Mordor Troll

basically balrog goes to take out main hero unit and use magic to weaken other units on the way, the spiders and wargs go for flank troll is there for support and to absorb fire archers are to thinnen cavalry units before they charge my goblins. goblin king for at the double and overlord rule to aid other units. the beast caller for dark fury and spawning in a unit with amdur and his epic rampage (just to be fun like that). to take out large units. sappers just because they're awesome and fun to use. second unit of goblin warriors to help support archers and the amdur unit (will have goblin king in this one)

not tried it out yet will do tomorrow if someone takes enough points of WOTR to the store

Angelust
24-04-2009, 17:52
When you say 32x moria goblins (etc), do you mean 3 companies? Because if that's the way you wrote your list, your regular troops are way too small I'd imagine. With goblins I think you at least want a couple units that are 6 companies strong. Maybe drop a couple heroes?

stiggie
24-04-2009, 19:14
there i've changed it and yeh im thinking im lacking, how about if i drop the 10 spiders and leave them to duhrzag which leaves me with 175 points? that can buy me another 8 companies, bump up the main formation to 6, the other to 4 and then another formation of 4 and another company of archers??

sound smart?

Angelust
24-04-2009, 20:00
I'm still a novice, but I think that would definitely help.

I'm guessing you'd like to use some of those units in your army, but personally I'd probably recommend the following...

Drop a couple epic heroes, maybe Gollum at the least.
Try to drop a unit of shield goblins and get gundabad blackshields, as they're basically the same pts with shields but quite a bit better.

I would probably suggest at least 2 units of x6 company goblins to be a central fighting force. Things like avenger bolt throwers, archer units, and cavalry will be likely to wipe out some of the smaller units in a single turn, and you'd basically be left with the balrog and mordor troll to kill everything. The cavalry can be quite useful, but they're also subject to being shot down or blasted apart by magic.

My guess is that the big formations of goblins can act as a decent meat-shield to hide your balrog, troll, cav, and other units, while everything gets into position at a minimum movement 8. If you take drummers and a captain on a largish unit of blackshields, you can heroic move up 27 inches because of the goblins great movement stat.

stiggie
25-04-2009, 09:14
ok so how about since goblins (with shields) and gundabad are same points.. use

Epic Heroes

Goblin King
Duhrzag the Beast Caller
Amdur, Lord of blades

Infantry Units
3 companies of Morian Goblins with Bows

6 companies of gundabad Blackshields with Shields and Drummer

6 companies of Morian Goblins with shields

4 Companies of Morian Goblins with Shields

1 company of Uruk-Hai Sappers

Cavalry

3x Companies of Wargs

Monsters

Balrog
Mordor Troll

Babolat360
25-04-2009, 15:18
A very odd army to say the least. Currently it's not legal because the rule is you can only have 25% allies from one other faction. The first thing I'd do is get rid of Amdur, uruk-hai sappers and mordor troll. Beef up the 4 strong formation of goblins with shields to 6 companies.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
25-04-2009, 16:14
Its not fluffy, that makes me sad.
Its a pretty solid list i guess. I have played little WotR as of yet...finals are done tuesday :P
Good luck

stiggie
25-04-2009, 16:52
i thought it was 25% from any fractions as long as it was the same side (good or evil)?? and 25% of 1500 is 375 and i use 345 in alliance lol