PDA

View Full Version : 1st game questions

Vannatos
24-04-2009, 12:19
hello,

Had my first game of WotR a few days ago. It was alot of fun and really motivated us to start collecting more, but brought up a few questions.
1) The "free might points" touched by destiny and mighty hero. by some of wording, do you need to have might in your might pool still, or can you have 0 might and using these rules, keep using those actions (although limited)
2) Lurtz and mighty blow. I called an epic duel and mighty blow against gimili. with it i am able to one-shot gimili? the wording for duels left us unsure if it was possible to do this combo
3) another mighty blow question, when fighting a monster using mighty blow. each hit causes a "casualty". For every hit on the monster it cause a roll on the hard to kill table?

Jorgen_CAB
24-04-2009, 12:29
hello,

Had my first game of WotR a few days ago. It was alot of fun and really motivated us to start collecting more, but brought up a few questions.
1) The "free might points" touched by destiny and mighty hero. by some of wording, do you need to have might in your might pool still, or can you have 0 might and using these rules, keep using those actions (although limited)
2) Lurtz and mighty blow. I called an epic duel and mighty blow against gimili. with it i am able to one-shot gimili? the wording for duels left us unsure if it was possible to do this combo
3) another mighty blow question, when fighting a monster using mighty blow. each hit causes a "casualty". For every hit on the monster it cause a roll on the hard to kill table?

1. They text tells me that the hero simply call any "Epic" action for free. I see no problem with doing that of they are down to zero Might.

2. Lurtz ability does not work in a Duel, it only works when his company attacks in a Fight. As opposed to Boromir who works the other way around. At least that seems to be the common consensus I think.

3. Yes, Might Blow means that each hit against a monster will cause a roll on the hard to kill table, no matter what their resilience are.

Vannatos
24-04-2009, 20:35
cool thank you,

one more question i forget to ask.

Terror causing units. Are they immune to terror or must they test as well. For instance, a troll wishes to charge a formation of army of the dead. he must take a terror test to see if he can charge, and then the army of the dead must check to see if they become disordered from the terror of teh troll. Is this correct? i can see it being possible, but feels weird after playing fantasy for so long

Edonil
24-04-2009, 21:03
Terror causing units are not immune to the effects of terror. Whether this was intentional or not, I am not sure.

Quannum
24-04-2009, 22:48
Terror causing units are not immune to the effects of terror. Whether this was intentional or not, I am not sure.

I'd say it was intentional. An elf that causes terror to something like a Goblin can still be himself terrified by, for example, a Balrog.

What is funny is when you consider the above example vice versa.

Balrog: "ARGH! Small, pointy-eared smug things! Flee!

Q