PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Point Vampire list

Reinnon
24-04-2009, 17:18
Howdy.

Theres an upcoming tournament that i hope to take my vampires too. Theres just one snag:

The points limit - 1999, no lords or double rare choice. Requiring a total rethink on the vampire list i normally field.

Here is the result of alot of thinking. Its a ghoul based list that aims to get reasonable magic out of the three character slots available. I'm not happy with the lst at all, so any advice would be grand.

House Freising Hunting Party
1999 Vampire Counts Army

Heroes

Isabella von Freising “The Dark Hag” (Vampire): Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls, Walach’s Bloody Hauberk (General)
Total: 190
Hans von Freising “The Wretched” (Vampire): Dark Acolyte, Summon Ghouls, Flayed Hauberk, Dispel Scroll
Total: 195
Varzuk Von Freising “Scourge of the North” (Vampire): Dread Knight, Ghoulkin, Battle Standard Bearer, Book of Arkham, Black Pariapt
Total: 205

Core

Peasant Militia (20 Ghouls): Ghast (8 Points)
Total: 168
Peasant Militia (15 Ghouls): Ghast (8 Points)
Total: 128
Peasant Militia (15 Ghouls): Ghast (8 Points)
Total: 128
Hunting Pack (5 Dire Wolves)
Total: 40
Hunting Pack (5 Dire Wolves)
Total: 40

Special

Order of the Gilded Lion (5 Black Knights): Barding, Hell knight, musician, Standard with Warbanner
Total: 205
Freising Menagerie (4 Fell Bats)
Total: 80

Rare

“The Forgotten” (5 Cairn Wraiths): Otto von Freising “The Cursed” (Banshee - 25 Points)
Total: 275

I've tried to get round the lack of magic through more ghouls starting. The Wraiths and knights provide the list with some needed punch as inv spam will be less effective. The fellbats are there instead of a varghulf, as they can perform the same role (allbeit not as well) for cheaper and don't take up a rare slot.

BSB joins the knights, the two vampires within the ghouls.

As i said, i'm really not happy with the list, any comments would be fantastic.

ARVO
24-04-2009, 20:51
This is not a bad list. The Dire wolves would probably better suited if you added one or two to maintain that unit strength of five in spite of any shooting you'll have to endure. That way you could also use them as flank chargers. Negating ranks may be essential with this list.

Also, if you put the BSB in the Black Knight unit, they will lose their ethereal movement ability. (He rides a barder nightmare.) Consider putting him in a ghoul unit?

Reinnon
24-04-2009, 22:37
the bsb is mainly in the black knights to give them a vampire to allow them to march on the first turn, but its worth considering

ARVO
24-04-2009, 23:04
You can just put the vampire within 6inches of the unit. They still get to march as long as he is within 6 inches at the begining of the turn.

Makina
24-04-2009, 23:14
Actually I like this list a lot, it's about as good as it gets with the restrictions you have imho.

Reinnon
24-04-2009, 23:36
You can just put the vampire within 6inches of the unit. They still get to march as long as he is within 6 inches at the begining of the turn.

i am aware of that. But with a ghoulkin movement of 8 inches - only the general can give this in most cases, and i would prefere a bit more freedom in the placement of the wraiths, dire wolves and black knights other then pretty much directly behind my army.

W0lf
24-04-2009, 23:48
Not too shabby though your 3rd vampire has 2 arcane items ;).

Id probs run Master, Flayed, Gem for the general.

Reinnon
24-04-2009, 23:58
good spot on the bsb - on the general i was debating master of the black arts - will require some playtesting.

Hmm, perhaps the balefire spike instead of the pariapt.

Dark_Ritualz
30-04-2009, 20:46
hmm...
the restrictions u have has made the army a lot trickier.
personally i would dump the vamp on nightmare and black knight, adda unit of graveguards and the vamp on foot with dread knight instead. but after trying the list out (yea u made an impression) i saw that the black knight regiment with vamp was a gr8 flank cming in from the right side of the battle disturbing the enemys rank totally. the only thing that dident do any good was the fell bats, since i played against lizardmen i dident find any good targets except for a skink unit wich totally crussed them. (kroxigors)

i think that its a gr8 army list overall and i think that you should stick with it.
the wraiths and banshee will always be good against any army u play(except for those nasty demons... every VC players arch enemy), they ended up killing 2 characters in the game, a scar veteran and a skink priest before they succumbed to a ancient stegadons crazy thing.

ZombieMans
01-05-2009, 05:18
I'm noticing some point descrepencies, specifically your BSB... those abilities don't all add up to 205.