PDA

View Full Version : Gobotonnia Army! Gobbo Knights!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tensions
24-04-2009, 22:24
Legend of the Gobotonnia

Long ago, the dark woodlands of the Death Pass west of the Grey Mountains near the borders of the Bretonnia were home to countless primitive and savage goblins. These primitive goblins lived in tribes, a collection of greenskins ruled over by a goblin warboss. For many centuries, the goblins struggled against the Bretonnian for possession of the best and most fertile lands. The goblin tribes also often fought each other when they would have been better off uniting against the human. The Bretonnian dominated the fertile valleys and plains, while the goblins lived in the forest, mountain and wilderness regions.

Several years before the forming of Gobotonnia, King Charlen of the Bretonnia renewed the Errantry Wars, to rid the entire world of all greenskins. Bretonnia knights gathered in unprecedented numbers. The host of knights went forth to the Border Princes and stormed across the Death Pass. The lands of the goblins fall into anarchy. The Bretonnian purged the primitive goblin tribes and slaughtered countless goblins. The greenskins fled and scattered deep into the Grey Mountains and the surviving combatants were herded into internment camps as their lands were claimed by rivals.
Years after the declaration of the Errantry Wars, It was at this time that a young goblin wolfrider warboss named Whaga was visited by a vision of an old goblin shaman. The shaman revealed himself to this young warboss as “The Prophet of Gork”. He warned him of the next massive invasion of the Bretonnia. He urged Whaga to unite the other warring tribes to withstand the Bretonnian. Fearing that was more of a vision than a dream, Whaga led his wolfriders and attempted to unite all other goblin tribes. Despite his best efforts, Whaga failed to convince other tribe leaders to unite.
Shortly, Whaga was visited by “The Prophet” again, who told him about the “Favour of Gork”. In order to receive the Favour, Whaga vowed to Gork and offered his soul to gain the power to unite the tribes and defeat the Bretonnian. Guided by “The Prophet”, Whaga and his wolfriders swore their lives completely to Gork and drunk from a fountain blessed with the “blood of Gork”. Thus, Whaga consumed enormous power and became a being of supernatural power. Now a chosen of Gork, Whaga challenged the warbosses of all the goblin tribes in a single combat and defeated them all. This battle earned the young warboss much honor, glory and renown. Within months, Whaga effectively forged hundreds of goblin tribes into a single nation then set out to carve a place for themselves near the Grey Mountains and laid the foundations of the kingdom of Gobotonnia.
In the Imperial Year 2488 or thereabout, as foresaw by “The Prophet”, a mighty host of Bretonnia knights led by the reckless Baron Jules do Fontainebleu went forth into the Death Pass to cleanse the greenskins. Whaga led his elite wolfriders and sprang a trap on the Bretonnian. Blessed by the “Favour of Gork” Whaga led his wolfriders bravely to engage the Bretonnian, thousands of goblins flocked to join him. The unstoppable sea of greenskins swarmed up across the horizon, whopping, jeering, and yelling their barbarous war cries in numbers never before seen. Countless of goblins were killed but stubbornly refused to retreat and would fight to the death rather than give an inch of ground. The battle fought on for three days and nights. Despite the Bretonnian’s best efforts, the goblin’s numbers were just too overwhelming. The knights were soon surrounded by a horde of cackling greenskins. Outnumbered and trapped, the Bretonnia army began to crumble and in a matter of hours the whole army was hacked down.
In the aftermath of the battle, the goblins scavenged amongst the battlefield, took any shiny possessions they could get their hands on to be branded as their own. The goblins armed themselves with an assortment of swords, broken lances, shields, armours and helms etc captured in the battle, and carried as a mark of their self-evident superiority.

In the same year, the Bretonnian king declared the Errantry Wars at an end. The lands of the goblin were finally secured. The goblins became fanatically devoted to Whaga and proclaimed him to be their king and Gobotonnia is formed. Whaga was crowned as the King of Gobotonnia.

Gobotonnian Paladin

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/GobtonniaLord.jpg

Gobotonnian Battle Standard Bearer

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/BSB.jpg

Gobotonnia Paladlin
used a special shield for this model to represent the enchanted shield

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Paladin.jpg

also my Damsel (Goblin shaman) with the silver mirror, i'm gonna use a bit of tin foil for the mirror~~ :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Damsel2.jpg

My Damsel with 2 scrolls

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Damsel1.jpg

tensions
24-04-2009, 22:25
8 Gobotonnia Knights of the Realm with barded warwolves.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/8KOTRwithbarded.jpg

Velsharoon
24-04-2009, 23:30
Class conversions, not to sure on the brettonian rules but go for it

pililuk
25-04-2009, 00:13
I love it! This really has potential to be a great Army! Ile definatly keep an eye on this one. Love the conversions so far, especially the idea of the tin foil (Why didnt i think of that one :()

wildkarrde0
25-04-2009, 00:25
nice idea i will have to keep a eye on this

it's coming this way!
25-04-2009, 00:49
This made my (k)night!

Zing!

In all seriousness, this is awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Ocid
25-04-2009, 00:52
OMG this is amazing. lol top notch stuff.

Would love to see what you'd do for peg knights. Flying squig hoppers or something.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

mdiscala
25-04-2009, 14:10
neat! I always liked the idea mixing up army rules with different minis

Darwin_green
25-04-2009, 21:03
dude, it's a shame you don't play any other games like ARmies of ARcana or No quarter. that way you could customize your army list to match your models.

cool gobbos by the way.

bob_the_small
25-04-2009, 22:04
Lovely conversions.... i love the patterns and painting, keep up the good work!

tensions
26-04-2009, 01:18
Gobotonnia Lord finished

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/paintedGobtonniaLord.jpg

thebaz
26-04-2009, 01:38
looks amazing keep up the great work. That would be a great tournement army that everyone would want to play just so they could have a look at your models.

richy376
26-04-2009, 10:25
They look great,really fun. Painting looks as good as the conversions too. Looking forward to seeing your grail knights.

Pirate_bob
26-04-2009, 10:30
hehe, this is so good :D Looking forward to the grailgobbos

Gargobot
26-04-2009, 10:35
Cool idea, nice conversions and great painting on the lord. Can I ask how you did the wolf, especially the legs?

kormas
26-04-2009, 12:03
wow, i am loving this, please tell me you live in australia?, caus i seriously would love to see this at a tourniment:D

Spider-pope
26-04-2009, 13:00
Sacred feth, thats one of the best Gobbo's ive ever seen. Really good job on the detailing .

Darkritual
26-04-2009, 14:18
Haha this is a realy nice idea!!

Love em!!

tensions
28-04-2009, 07:56
anyway, I spent some time this afternoon writing some fluff on my Gobotonnia:

Protectyness of Gork (blessing of the lady)

Gork loves nothing so much as seeing greenskins smashing their foes to the ground in a bloody melee. Through the eyes of the great gods Mork and Gork, they watch over the greenskins and protect them from harm when the Waaagh! is breaking heads, and dissipate the protection when the greenskins are in retreat.

The effects of the Protectyness are as follows:
1. Affected models get a 6+ ward save
2. Affected models get a 5+ ward save VS attacks with str 5 or higher

Losing the protectyness:
1. FLEE!
2 .refuses challenge

Gobotonnian Knights of the Realm (Knights of the realm)
The biggest and strongest of all goblins take war much more seriously than other goblins and have the best equipment. Many of these equipments are captured in the great war of Bretonnia, and carried as a mark of their self-evident superiority.

Fanatical Goblin Knights (Grail Knights)
Having imbibed a brew made of a very special fungus called the Mad Cap, the goblin’s strength is boosted beyond belief. The Goblin is almost completely unaware of what is happening around him, and only care about smashing their foes to the ground in a bloody melee.

Lord Azoth
28-04-2009, 08:39
really nice conversions and an awesome painting!!

MF3000
28-04-2009, 09:03
Oooo I like them very much. With the paintjob though, I ... wish they were a bit more dirtier ... but your army, your call!

sj

Chaos Puppy
28-04-2009, 13:06
haha! those are amazing models! the gobos look so innocent in their little suits of armor.

Slaaaaaanesh
28-04-2009, 14:06
Brilliant concept and the conversions look ace. Gobo peg knights in the works?

daemonkin
28-04-2009, 14:22
Fantastic work there Tensions.

Absolutely great idea shoe-horning the gobbos into a Bretonnian force.

D.

tensions
30-04-2009, 09:50
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/paintedshaman1.jpg

MF3000
30-04-2009, 10:06
DAMN-SUL!? LOL

right? I didn't just make an **** of myself ...

sj

daemonkin
30-04-2009, 10:30
Have you seen the Rackham Confrontation Strohm knights - they would make an excellent rare unit - lance armed, plate-armoured gobbos riding giant rats.

D.

Lord Of The Avatars
30-04-2009, 10:37
fantastic idea, you will go far with it! its clever and very original, please put pictures on here i wanna see em!:D

Count Sinister
30-04-2009, 21:17
Is that Goblin "Damsel" wearing lipstick? Genius! What a great idea for an army, and well executed too. Looking forward to more.

StrangeGuy
30-04-2009, 21:43
Brilliant idea for a theme and even better, you've managed to pull it off with spectacular results so far. I'm looking foward to seeing more.

mrtn
01-05-2009, 11:10
Nice start to the army tensions.
:)

BrazenSix
01-05-2009, 18:31
Hah, this is a great idea. Nice work. :)

tensions
02-05-2009, 07:09
Have you seen the Rackham Confrontation Strohm knights - they would make an excellent rare unit - lance armed, plate-armoured gobbos riding giant rats.

I thought about using those.. i might use them..:)

Is that Goblin "Damsel" wearing lipstick?

yup

KOTR champion

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Kotrchampion.jpg

daemonkin
02-05-2009, 07:28
Absolutely great. Hope you get the rest of the army finished as these are going to look fantastic on the tt.

D.

w3rm
02-05-2009, 15:54
Cool Beans!

tensions
04-05-2009, 09:08
KOTR musican
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Kotrmusican.jpg

bob_the_small
04-05-2009, 11:16
What rules will you use for these? Gobbo cavalry? Brettonia? Or your own?

Sheena Easton
04-05-2009, 14:21
Fabulous! Brilliant conversions and great theme.

Hideous Loon
04-05-2009, 15:31
Wonderful army, tensions! The rules and the models work together for some contrived reason. Looking forward to the rest.

AbyssRaven
07-05-2009, 19:59
haha one of the best ever fantasy armies i have ever seen!

keep it up!

Deus Ruinus
07-05-2009, 20:03
wow, thats amazing! likening the idea, i want to be seeing more soon!

Gargobot
07-05-2009, 21:27
Nice to see that your awesome-streak continues. Still great stuff, the damsel is hilarious!
Keep it up!

Lord Dan
08-05-2009, 05:04
Hey, it's my army! Only better... :(

Seriously though, absolutely fantastic painting. Are you doing pegasus knights? I can't figure out what to do with mine, as I can't think of any humorous mounts for goblins.

tensions
08-05-2009, 09:34
thanks for your comments~~
damsel 2 finished,

GIVE MAMA A KISS~~

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/paintedshaman2.jpg

Seriously though, absolutely fantastic painting. Are you doing pegasus knights? I can't figure out what to do with mine, as I can't think of any humorous mounts for goblins.

flying cave squig, a cross breed between cave squig and giant bat.
or
baby wyverns

anyway

some of my ideas for my grail relique:
1. a big fat gobbo boss in a mini chariot (snotling wagon like thing) pull by cave squigs...
2. dead fat gobbo on a spiece of panzee squig
3. gobbos on a shield like thing, (like dwarf lord on shield bearer)
4. snotling pump wagon pull by cave squigs, herd by gobbos

pegasus knight idea:
1. flying cave squigs, a cross breed between cave squig and giant bat
2. baby wyverns

any other suggestions??

daemonkin
08-05-2009, 10:47
I would vote for option 4 for the relique. Would love you you wangle squigs in somewhere.

D.

Sheena Easton
08-05-2009, 21:01
The Damsels are STUNNAZ! Great job so far.

The pegasus knights could be:
Flying Pigs (IIRC there are a range of flying pigs, Pigasus, produced by some company)
Giant Chickens (since the old Cockatrice was always called the Giant Chicken, and if you had any old Cockatrice models to use, this would be even better).
Young Wyverns (already suggested but Citadel did do a "Young Wyvern" model a while back, and this would get my vote) or similarly
Young Dragons (Citadel has / had a nice range)
Warhawks painted as Crows / Ravens / Magpies (the older style ones would be better)
Jumping Spiders (there is even a "winged" variety native to Eastern Australia)
Looted Gyrocopters

pointyteeth
08-05-2009, 21:08
HA! super concept and amazing execution. for pegasus knights, what about gobbos riding on doom divers (or strapped to the doom diver's belly)?

Krzyek
08-05-2009, 21:47
Great idea for an army.

First thought: the "Green knight" from CMON by tentoone
http://www.coolminiornot.com/index/whatm/GW/id/69332

and now a whole army of greenskin knights, simply cool. Be sure to include some jesters to Gobos at Arms units ;)

bob_the_small
08-05-2009, 21:53
i love that damsel, what rules will you use for these guys? your own? brets? gobbo cavalry?

tensions
09-05-2009, 11:18
gonna use bretonnia rule

flying giant squig knight

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/gobbolordonflyingcavesquig.jpg

Monsterzonk
09-05-2009, 11:21
I love this army! The flying squig is just hilarious! :D Awesome job!

Cheers,
Monsterzonk :skull:

thebaz
10-05-2009, 01:49
wow pure genious I love the flying squig too lol very ingenious

MF3000
10-05-2009, 05:25
Excellent Flying Squig-asus!

sj

Generaloftheabyss
10-05-2009, 07:58
Love the flying squig looks really well executed!

tensions
10-05-2009, 12:30
thanks~~

just finished my standard bearer

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Kotrstandard.jpg

Ronin[XiC]
10-05-2009, 13:27
Awesome :d

Lord Dan
10-05-2009, 18:33
How will you do the bases?

jason
10-05-2009, 19:51
I am loving this army. Every once in a while I try to imagine ways to use models from one army as another, but never in my wildest dreams could I have come up with something even remotely as awesome/creative/hilarious. I cannot wait for the full army shot.

tensions
11-05-2009, 10:01
How will you do the bases?

don't know yet, still deciding..

converted 6 gobotonnia archers from peasant archers, head swap, legsswap, arms swap, took me 2 good hours to make these 6 gobbos.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/6peasantarchers.jpg

daemonkin
11-05-2009, 12:03
2 hours well spent there Tensions. I didn't spend 2 hours well watching X-Men: Wolverine.

D.

Ostling
14-05-2009, 19:25
Looking very cool mate! Really good job.
I like the winged squig most! : )

Greetings,
Ostling

Enkiel
14-05-2009, 19:36
wow, truely impressive conversion, and great painting too.

not a big fan of the red lips tho.

WildBerry
15-05-2009, 15:27
Weow.. Finally I clicked your Blog once and I absolutely don't regret it. I find your idea great and also the background story gives the whole thing a point (even though I wonder if the gobottonians would be accepted by their big brothers of Brettonia^^).

Anyways nice conversions and also nice painting (I would have a hard time bringing up the patience for painting all those little Brettonia-signs onto the cloth of the wolves etc.. :rolleyes:). Altogether it's rather refreshing to look at them and I sure hope you will show us some more painted guys soon! :D

N810
15-05-2009, 22:00
Simply awesome Conversions :D
I can't wait to see the Squigasus knight painted. ;)

Isha
15-05-2009, 23:24
Genius! What more can one say ...

Ultimo ninja
16-05-2009, 02:40
This is one hell of an army your making. Great kudos to you.

DasKhorne
16-05-2009, 08:18
Really original idea, im subscribed:cool:

Phoenixenvy
17-05-2009, 02:13
Really fun.. keep up the good work!

bob_the_small
17-05-2009, 12:32
They look awesome, can't wait to see them all painted! :)

Sheena Easton
17-05-2009, 12:42
Those Gobbos-At-Arms are brilliant! I am stealing that idea.

Ghod
17-05-2009, 17:32
Yeah good stuff... I cant believe how well the trimmed down men at arms work.

Keep it up :D

Mireadur
17-05-2009, 20:25
2 hours well spent there Tensions. I didn't spend 2 hours well watching X-Men: Wolverine.

D.

hehe, for real, what a crappy movie :cries:

You are making one of the best armies ive ever seen in WH, congratulations Sire.

Ancre
17-05-2009, 20:36
This is a wonderful army !

I'm going to watch this thread :)

WarlockOMork
18-05-2009, 16:18
This is just awsome, Tho when compared to the awsomeness of the knights, i think the damsel´s could use some more work (to become awsome that is :D).

subscribed.

tensions
23-05-2009, 12:16
was really busy this week, didn't do much painting, but finished off my Gobbos at arm

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/25gobbosatarms.jpg

RossS
23-05-2009, 15:35
This is my new favorite army. The idea is brilliant and the execution is even more so. Would it be alright if I stole some of your wonderful ideas?

Have you tried using Gnoblar heads? I think they would give some good results, and they would add some variety to the units.

Kronos
23-05-2009, 16:47
first off, great modeling an dpainting but i really like the creativity of the army, very original and the models look great... really liking the archers and men at arms.

Brimweave
23-05-2009, 22:31
Brilliant idea and spectacular execution. Subscribed :)

Crube
23-05-2009, 22:45
Exceptional.

I love the men at arms, the knights, the... ah zog it I love the whole lot.

One thing I'd like to ask - the banner on the Gobzatarms, you've done an ace job of making it tattered. Whenever I've tried that, it just doesnt look right - any tips...

tensions
30-05-2009, 04:21
Have you tried using Gnoblar heads? I think they would give some good results, and they would add some variety to the units.

tried, they are too small.

One thing I'd like to ask - the banner on the Gobzatarms, you've done an ace job of making it tattered. Whenever I've tried that, it just doesnt look right - any tips...

I just cut it until it looks right to me...???

anyway..

ok, finally the date for NZ GT 2009 came out last week 26-27 SEPT 2009. I got exactly 17 weeks left to finish this army. with the limited time i have to paint each week, there is not much time left...

but i will try to get as much completed as possible..

finished another KOTR this morning

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Kotr1.jpg

and another in the afternoon

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Kotr2.jpg

Angelwing
30-05-2009, 09:34
I can't believe I haven't seen this before. Splendid work. Looking forward to more!

The boyz
30-05-2009, 12:24
Wow Tensions, fantastic work. I love what you have done so far. This is going to be one great looking, character oozing Gobotonnian army. Everything is looking excellent, from the conversion work to the paint job, keep up the good work.

Gargobot
31-05-2009, 00:22
Still great work, the gobbos-at-arms conversions look very promising.
Keep it up!

tensions
01-06-2009, 06:26
another KOtr today

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Kotr3.jpg

Crube
01-06-2009, 13:20
Love this log - it's really inspirational to see someone doing something outside the box. Nice one - Keep it up :D

bob_the_small
01-06-2009, 22:14
One of my favourite logs!! Great modelling and great painting.... how many more KotR to paint and whats your next project?

tensions
05-06-2009, 03:10
finished off all the Knights of realm, took some group shots..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/allkotr1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/allkotr2.jpg

enjoy~

BrazenSix
05-06-2009, 10:32
I was about to say that you're due up for a group shot soon. :D They look fantastic together. Great work!

Hai-pe-neki
05-06-2009, 12:00
Love this army! Really beautiful!

What king of basing have you in mind?

Commodus Leitdorf
05-06-2009, 14:18
This is soooo awesome! Those Men at Arms are awesome! and the Knights are gorgeous! Keep it up!

Malorian
05-06-2009, 14:53
God I love this army :D

Keep it up and keep expanding. Gobotonnia has work to do! ;)

FrankenNerd
05-06-2009, 19:54
That is some great models you got there, they look realy nice :O
Want to see your squig painted ;)

only joking...
05-06-2009, 20:10
AMAZING! Seriously brilliant, hilarious stuff.

Daniel36
05-06-2009, 20:26
Oh... my... goodness.

This is so wrong!

Don't get me wrong, the paint job is amazing, and the colourfullyness actually works well on green skin, but...

It's just so wrong!

Amazing paintjob though. You do the Gobbo models a lot of justice this way.
(Was that a pun?.... Hmmm...)

Braad
06-06-2009, 16:17
This is getting better by the day!

Kriegfreak
07-06-2009, 06:21
Man, this is some top notch quality work. Love the idea for the army.

static grass
07-06-2009, 08:19
Look at this army! This is awesome! Good luck with finishing the army on time.

Melchiah
07-06-2009, 08:32
Im wondering how your going to do Pegasus?

WarlockOMork
07-06-2009, 09:09
look a page or so back.

Goblin on a Giant winged squig, quite awsome.. go paint it already! :D

Melchiah
07-06-2009, 18:01
Ive gone through this whole thread like 3 times i dont know how i missed it before. I agree paint it

tensions
08-06-2009, 07:17
What king of basing have you in mind?

spring ruin basing.

Im wondering how your going to do Pegasus?

flying squig

anyway, built 3 flying bases for my squiga-sus knights, also swapped the banner on my bsb.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/flyingbases.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/squigasuswithbase-1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/BSB-1.jpg

bob_the_small
08-06-2009, 16:25
OMG! too cool! Lovely work! cant wait to see the squigasi painted! ;)

The boyz
08-06-2009, 18:10
Great work as usual, tensions. Really looking forward to seeing how those Squigasus knights turn out. I love the idea of flying squigs. Keep up the good work.

shartmatau
08-06-2009, 18:52
wow this a great looking army! I'm surprised that fat squig balances on that base. Can't wait to see it painted, keep up the excellent work.

Gargobot
08-06-2009, 21:55
Wow that must be a hell of a strong pin! Squigasus looks very nice, even made me smile. :)
Great stuff as always, keep it up!

N810
08-06-2009, 21:57
I really dig those flying bases, :D

sainthale1988
08-06-2009, 23:41
this army put a massive smile on my faceL excellent work compliments with a rather splendid paint scheme. truely subbed

tensions
09-06-2009, 11:20
painted squigasus

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/paintedsquigasus.jpg

MF3000
09-06-2009, 11:30
OMFG brilliant updates!

sj

Ancre
09-06-2009, 13:56
Wow, wonderful ! Does he hold on well ?

Commodus Leitdorf
09-06-2009, 13:57
This is Epic! Keep it up!

Gargobot
09-06-2009, 14:07
Wow!
I gotta ask, you don't sleep do you? Such great painting, only one day after showing us the conversion. Impressive!

Malorian
09-06-2009, 15:59
I vote that the squigasus becomes your new avatar :D

Great conversion and a great paint job.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
09-06-2009, 16:11
great looking paintjob, and lovely conversion.

Greetz
G

bob_the_small
09-06-2009, 16:39
Brilliant squigasus, exceptional idea, words ccant describe how cool that is!!!

Qdeu
09-06-2009, 16:52
Wow, just...wow!! One of the coolest conversion ideas I've ever seen:D The goblin at arms are especially well done:D

Malorian
09-06-2009, 17:31
Hey... I just noticed that there are going to be three squigasus's :D

That unit is going to look amazing. Just make sure the wings match up.

Crube
11-06-2009, 20:37
Just.... Made.... Of.... Awesome....

Simply great stuff. Did you have to spend time on getting the Squigasus to balance? he looks rather precarious...

The boyz
11-06-2009, 20:41
Fantastic work tensions, I love it.

Harry
11-06-2009, 22:39
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/allkotr1.jpg
Stunning.
From concept to creation.
Top notch.

WarlockOMork
11-06-2009, 22:40
awsome, wonder how you'll base them.

(anything fancy like those squigasi (Squigasus(sus? :p))

Ancre
11-06-2009, 22:46
The mini combined with the flying rules gives me the mental image of bouncing squigs that stays a bit of time in the air flapping its wings, crashes somewhere on the battlefield and then rebound up in the sky, with the armoured crazy goblins holding on the thing :D

I just love your army !

laudarkul
12-06-2009, 07:14
Interesting stuff...And very enjoyable...

bob_the_small
12-06-2009, 07:19
What are your plans for bases?

Crube
12-06-2009, 20:05
This does just get better and better with every read...

How much more do you have to do (and delight us with)

I would dearly love to see this army in the flesh, and maybe face it in battle one day...

WildBerry
12-06-2009, 20:51
What are your plans for bases?

I think you should go back one page, to the post with the squigasus pictures (unpainted).. ;)

Anardakil
12-06-2009, 23:53
Such a wonderful army :D

freaky in a way. The gobbos look so colourful and clean ^^ haha

dwarfhold13
14-06-2009, 03:34
dude.. not to post and just blow smoke, but this army is too sweet.. it makes me want to make a counts as army of some sort.. i feel as though all the good ones are taken up though :(

Braad
14-06-2009, 08:45
That squigasus is just plain awesome! Keep up this excellent work!

C-Coen
14-06-2009, 09:22
Congrats, you've brought awesome to a whole new level..! :D
Great stuff in this log.

tensions
21-06-2009, 10:52
How much more do you have to do

2 more squiga-sus
men at arms
bowmen,
Grail Gobbos
stone thrower
wolf riders

at the moment, just those..

thanks for the comments guys, just painted my BSB over the weekend

i really have to try to paint some more during the week, becuase i'm really running out of time..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/bsbpainted.jpg

enjoy

Gargobot
21-06-2009, 14:28
Awesome! :eek:

Ancre
21-06-2009, 16:33
Stunning. That's a wonderful centerpiece you have !

bob_the_small
21-06-2009, 18:57
A stunning BSB!

Lord Azoth
22-06-2009, 10:57
amazing..your "madness" makes me really happy seeing your army...

dont give up mate!!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
22-06-2009, 11:01
That bsb looks great:), keep up the great work.

Greetz

Elfboy
22-06-2009, 11:37
brilliant work, defies words!

N810
22-06-2009, 13:19
Amazing army,
how much do you have lef to do ?

Crube
22-06-2009, 17:29
how much do you have lef to do ?

2 more squiga-sus
men at arms
bowmen,
Grail Gobbos
stone thrower
wolf riders

at the moment, just those..

I love the BSB - excellent work on the banner to get it to look embroidered...

The Grail Knights could be fun... I'd love to see a Grail Relique too at some point, but you have enough to do as it stands...

Keep it up :)

tensions
24-06-2009, 10:29
painted 4 men at arms.. also decided on my basing.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/4maapainted.jpg

Monsterzonk
24-06-2009, 12:46
Those Gobs at Arms look just great! :D Keep it up!

Cheers,
Monsterzonk :skull:

Malorian
24-06-2009, 13:33
How many men at arms are you going to make?

BrazenSix
24-06-2009, 17:30
Awesome standard and those men at arms are looking fantastic. Well done. :)

bob_the_small
24-06-2009, 23:46
The bases are nice... and those gobbos at arms are awesome too!

ampao
25-06-2009, 02:29
love it! subsribing!

wiggles
25-06-2009, 04:30
Fantastic concept for an army, really well executed too. A pleasure to see.

Just out of curiosity, from the point of view of your home-brewed fluff (which I love by the way), where are these goblins getting their bretonnian equipment and heraldry? Are they nicking it off bretonnians they kill, or have they gone all high-tech, and learned how to make their own?

I like how you've made the heraldry look all bright and bretonian-ish, but in a slight state of disrepair, as though they aren't looking after it properly.

Harry
25-06-2009, 07:41
Goblins at arms look fantastic. Wonderful stuff.

May I make one small 'observation' in this otherwise spectacular log ...

The Standard ... metalic metalics never seem to look right on fabric. Obviously on a real banner golds are done with yellows and silvers with grey and even if they use metalic fabrics they are better represented by NMM.

(Sorry for the 'crit'.)

tensions
25-06-2009, 08:22
hello, thanks for the comments

How many men at arms are you going to make?
a unit of 20 or 25 gobbos at arm, u can see a pic of them a few pages up.

Just out of curiosity, from the point of view of your home-brewed fluff (which I love by the way), where are these goblins getting their bretonnian equipment and heraldry? Are they nicking it off bretonnians they kill, or have they gone all high-tech, and learned how to make their own?

I like how you've made the heraldry look all bright and bretonian-ish, but in a slight state of disrepair, as though they aren't looking after it properly.

hi, i wrote a half of a page of fluffy on my first post, explained how the Gobotonnia was formed.

Quote from my first post:

They carefully loot away all the shiny possession from the slaughtered bretonnia army and armed themselves to da Teff. (increased armor save)

so, yes, they stole them from the bretonnians they killed. that's why their equipment are all beaten up.

The Standard ... metalic metalics never seem to look right on fabric. Obviously on a real banner golds are done with yellows and silvers with grey and even if they use metalic fabrics they are better represented by NMM.

(Sorry for the 'crit'.)

No problem, I actually painted the banner with yellow edge, but it just doesn't look right, so i repainted it gold.

Isha
25-06-2009, 13:46
Gob-at-arms are soooo sweet :) And nice bases (it's the way i'm basing my stuff as well :) ) Great job on everything!

Cragum
25-06-2009, 14:08
this army is looking brilliant, ive never seen so much character in every single model!

im highly envious of our conversions, and due to the fact this army is only conversioned stuff i have to say im just envious of you.

whats next in the schematics for this army after the gob-at-arms?

The boyz
25-06-2009, 14:45
Those Gobbo-at-arms look great tensions. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more.

orlanth1000
25-06-2009, 20:46
I saw these in person last night, they are even better than the the pics.
Great work mate ( thanks for the Bret Book).

khabal
26-06-2009, 14:42
This is awesome! The theme is great and the execution flawless! Love the Squigasus knights.

Anardakil
26-06-2009, 14:50
Lovely gobbos at arms :)

tensions
30-06-2009, 11:33
did some hard out painting in the weekend.

finished 16 Gobbos at arm in a week.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/maarank2.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/maarank3.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/maarank4.jpg

Nordic
30-06-2009, 14:08
Really awesome Gobbos at arms!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
01-07-2009, 09:07
The gob-at-arms look great:)

keep up the awesome work.

Greetz

jason
01-07-2009, 23:55
Whole army pic....PLEASE!

Crazy Harborc
02-07-2009, 00:49
A FINE example of what is a very important part of wargaming. Building the army you want with the fluff you want for it. Good convertions. I can believe the army comes from a real kingdom.

Heck, I would like to "borrow" your army to push it onto a Field of Glory battlefield in a HYW battle.;);)

tensions
02-07-2009, 11:09
ok I'm starting my Bretonnia Lord on a Hippogryph (aka Gobotonnia Lord on Baby Wyvern)

After searching through countless manufactures for the right model to represent the Baby Wyvern, I decided to use a Vampire Count Varghulf.

so it began... I went down to my local hobby shop today and bought the Varghulf

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/stage1.jpg

carefully fill up the gaps in its wings.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/prepare1.jpg

filed off most of its fur and cut its head off

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/prepare3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/prepare2.jpg

also converted my Fanatic Knights *aka Grail Knights

A lots of thought went into this, I really want the *Grail knights to be different to the knights of the realm, I want them to be stronger, hard hitting, and also immune to Psychology..

After reading through the ORc and Goblins army book, I found that Fanatics are also immune to Psychology and are much stronger than normal Goblins...

Then Fanatic Knights came to my mind..
Having imbibed a brew made of a very rare and special fungus called the Mad Cap, similar to the brew imbibed by the Fanatics. But instead of taking a full dose and turned in a mindless whirlwind of bone-shattering death. The Fanatic Knights imbibed only half of a dose before the battle, these Night Goblin's Strength are boosted beyond belief (increased strength), and drove into blood thristing frenzy! (immune to Psychology)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/5fanknights.jpg

vinny t
02-07-2009, 15:17
Wow, love the idea of fanatic Knights! The heads you used look crazed. My only dislike has to be the banner. It looks kind of tiny and un-ornamented for a uber-unit banner.

BlazeXI
02-07-2009, 21:30
Excellent idea and execution.

grhino
02-07-2009, 21:39
Simply amazing stuff. Cant imagine why I did not look at this blog before! Keep up this fantastic stuff!

Nordic
02-07-2009, 22:30
It will be really interesting to see where the Wyvern project is going!

Lt Dougheim
03-07-2009, 00:52
I can't wait to see how your wyvern turns out. I just love armies that ooze character.

MF3000
03-07-2009, 07:50
Grarghhhh so good...

I cannot wait for the Baby Wyvern to be finished.

sj

Arrg
03-07-2009, 10:08
This is amazing on so many levels.

tensions
03-07-2009, 10:24
ok stage 2

went through my super huge bits box, I found a old school Bretonnia Lord body and his cloak, and a night goblin Champion head, these are the perfect bits for my Gobotonnia Lord.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/prepare4.jpg

with a little bit of conversion..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/king1.jpg

also started to convert my Baby wyvern.. I want it to look as much as the bigger version.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/m1183918_99110209119_OGOrcBossWyver.jpg

with this idea in mind, I added a shorten wyvern tail to my baby wyvern and scupted the fat belly..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/body1.jpg

while waiting for the green stuff to dry, I started to search for the head.. in this case i found a special character cold one in my bit box, joined with the cut off wyvern tail and added horns..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/head1.jpg

and this is pretty much all i can do today while waiting for the green stuff to dry.

Nordic
03-07-2009, 10:36
This is gonna be sooo good! excellent execution of the converstion!

Bunkka-Pop
03-07-2009, 10:51
Fantastic stuff man, the baby wyvern is superb! Keep it coming, I bet that we all are itching to see it finished = D

t_duck
03-07-2009, 11:49
Just want to add more praise for the sheer all round awesomeness here!

RaZeR
03-07-2009, 12:21
Yep, still brilliant :)
Looking forward to seeing the next stages

Ancre
03-07-2009, 12:54
Wonderful, I'm looking forward to see the wyvern finished ! Great Job.

Elfboy
03-07-2009, 13:29
This army is amazing, and I love the new conversions, especially the idea for fanatic knights, inspired!

badgeraddict
03-07-2009, 13:45
This is possibly the most biazzare and interesting project log I've seen.

Top stuff!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
03-07-2009, 15:26
This army is going to look so great once it is finished.

Greetz
G

mousekiller
03-07-2009, 15:55
This is truly remarkable mate. Well done. Can't wait to see the baby wyvern come to birth.

deathskullork
03-07-2009, 17:24
Absolutely brilliant, the baby wyvern is genius keep it up.

Crube
03-07-2009, 20:36
That Baby Wyvern is fantastic. Truly original, and inspiring. Thanks :D

Desert Rain
03-07-2009, 21:09
This has to be one of the most impressive plogs that I've ever read. Great conversions and painting, and that baby wyvern is really good. Can't wait to see how it will look when it's painted.

*subscribes*

grhino
03-07-2009, 21:44
Got to love this army. Can't wait to see the baby wyvern. What will it be in game terms? A hyppogrief?

BrazenSix
03-07-2009, 23:20
Always a great source of inspiration... loving the new conversions. Great stuff!

Xarius
04-07-2009, 00:26
this is different

tensions
04-07-2009, 02:31
thanks guys~ :)

@ grhino : yup, Bretonnia Lord on a Hippogryph (aka Gobotonnia Lord on Baby Wyvern)

STAGE 3

attached the head, played around with the position, and this is roughly what it will look like when finished.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/STAGE2.jpg

Crazy Harborc
04-07-2009, 02:47
Oh such a cute baby Wyvern!:D Looks VERY good to me!! Man I do NOT want to be around THAT baby when it is cutting new teeth/fangs/whatever!

I just remembered I have a 7th Edition starter box full of Gobbos. I just may begin a company, a regiment of Gobotonnians. I also already have a LARGE number of Brit bits, weapons, heads, helmets etc.:D

RaZeR
04-07-2009, 04:00
Looks awesome. Great positioning on the 'wyvern' :D
Cant wait to see him painted up all green :)

kormas
04-07-2009, 07:32
wow, such a cute little baby wyven lol.

how long till the GT?, depending on the timing i could possably be over in NZ at the time :D

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
04-07-2009, 07:42
It looks good, it would be nice to see different angles from the model.

Greetz
G

Vampiric16
04-07-2009, 10:45
Funnily enough your baby wyvern shares the exact same pose as the new Azhag wyvern. Loving the army btw, when can we see a full army shot?

Black_Omega
04-07-2009, 16:34
lmao these are awesome! Keep it up dude cant wait to see more.

richy376
04-07-2009, 18:19
This project keeps getting better, those fanatic knights are very cool, and the baby wyvern is one of the most creative (and successful) conversions I've seen in a long while, what a fantastic idea. Can't wait to see you paint it.

bob_the_small
04-07-2009, 19:31
Really cool conversion!

Desert Rain
04-07-2009, 21:37
That's a really good conversion, and the baby wyvern really looks like a wyvern!

tensions
05-07-2009, 00:14
thanks for the comments guys~:angel:

@KOrmas : NZGT fantasy is 26, 27th of Sept in auckland

Completed my Gobbos at arm
finished off the front rank and movement tray

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/20gobbosatarm1.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/20gobbosatarm3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/20gobbosatarm2.jpg

enjoy

N810
05-07-2009, 00:42
Woah those look great tensions. :D

Cragum
05-07-2009, 01:14
sweet jesus thats one amazing model!!!

the gob at arms look amazing when they are all ranked up like that! this army will look amazing when all put on the battlefield together!

kormas
05-07-2009, 05:48
bugger, i will have just left a few days before, ah well :D, will just have to make do with wathcing the progress on these forums.

those gobs at arms look great, pity the rules for them suck :D

RaZeR
05-07-2009, 06:01
Yeah, those conversions and the paint job are stunning :)
More great stuff!

Lord Dan
05-07-2009, 07:12
Are their shields going to get freehand of some kind?

tensions
05-07-2009, 07:18
@ Lord Dan : not at the moment, as i'm running out of time, but I might revisit them later after the tournament

Started on one side..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/scale1.jpg

finished the base for my first squigasus knight

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/squigasus1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/squigasus1back.jpg

enjoy

Harry
05-07-2009, 08:05
Loving the conversions and that unit is the nuts.
One of the most inspirational logs around at the moment.
Thanks very much for sharing this with us.

mrtn
05-07-2009, 08:55
Nice Knight Goblins.

Crube
05-07-2009, 15:33
This just keeps getting better and better.

The base for the Squggasus Knight is awesome, and the ranked up unit looks great. I love the Baby Wyvern too - some serious work gone into that model.

I love it when this log gets updated, it never ceases to amaze and inspire - thanks for sharing.

Oh and when do we get to see an army shot ? ;)

Solun Decius
05-07-2009, 15:49
Very nice goblins all round. That Squigasus Knight is just exemplary!
I'm getting into greenskins now myself so I'll be keeping a close eye on this.
*subscribe*

Crazy Harborc
05-07-2009, 22:14
I really, really LIKE those Gobbotonnian fly boys!:D I will be digging out my Brit Bitz, clear plastic shoe box tomorrow.....NEED helmets for the men at arms. I know I've got a drum and the drummer's arm.

RaZeR
05-07-2009, 22:22
Amazing. That knight is truly stunning :)
The base is great as well, and helps bring it to life.

Nice greenstuff work on the wyvern as well, I suck with GS :(

squighound
05-07-2009, 22:23
That's awesome, man! I love players that do their own thing!

Nice work!

tensions
06-07-2009, 07:39
thanks guys

finished my wyvern conversion

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/wyvern1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/wyvern2.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/wyvern3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/wyvern4.jpg

enjoy

IrraSevilla
06-07-2009, 08:52
Once painted it's gonna look like you bought it. That's the best thing I could say, it's so good than it looks like an actual model.

Keep on going with the Sir Gobbos, they are awesome!!!

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
06-07-2009, 09:26
It looks amazing:), keep up the awesome work.

Greetz
G

Lord Azoth
06-07-2009, 09:54
really nice conversion...a nice use for Spite´s head...

man, really love your gobbo army..every of your update make me smile and want to go to my home inmediately to work on my army..thanks

bob_the_small
06-07-2009, 10:53
Looks amazing, well done!

tensions
07-07-2009, 08:50
finished my first fanatic Knight (aka: Grail Knight)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Grail1.jpg

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
07-07-2009, 08:59
Looks great, you are doing a great job:)

Greetz

stonetroll
07-07-2009, 09:09
The grail knight is amazing!

I am keen to see what you will do with your hyppogryph/wyvren conversion!!

bob_the_small
07-07-2009, 10:51
Looks really cool, nice work a usual!

Malorian
07-07-2009, 13:31
The very idea of a fanatic knight is brilliant :D

Do you plan to post battle reports once you're done?

WarlockOMork
07-07-2009, 14:33
They are the ones to have sipped from the Grail. (filled with Madcap Brew ;) )

i like it :D

Crazy Harborc
07-07-2009, 21:03
tensions....you have a very interesting mind. Good ability with a brush too!!

Sadly, I am still searching for the correct plastic shoebox full of blisters, that is hiding the bitz I am seeking.

Keep the photos coming.....more inspiration.;)

ZeroTwentythree
07-07-2009, 21:14
Excellent work. I love it all, the concept, the conversions and the painting. Well done! I look forward to more. :D

WildBerry
07-07-2009, 22:07
Wow.. Haven't been on Warseer for some weeks now but everything new that I've seen of you has bummed me out.
Mainly the BSB was stunning to me and now I regret checking that early because I can't wait until your lord is going to be done.. The very view of the unpainted model makes me impatient.. :p

Keep up the great work there! :D

khabal
07-07-2009, 22:12
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing some more models painted!

Sheena Easton
07-07-2009, 22:46
Every time I look at this log, there has been another few fabulous updates! Love the idea and execution of both the Young Wyvern and Fanatic Knights. Stunning!

Crube
08-07-2009, 19:04
Just a quick post to say that Grail Knight is excellent, keep it up, and we wanna see an army shot ;)

tensions
09-07-2009, 11:33
thanks for the comments~ guys~~ much appreciated..

@marlorian : Yeah, once I have enough models converted, I will play a few games before the GT.

@Crazy Harborc : might have to keep looking~~ haha

@Crube : I just took a army shot of my painted models so far... not many models, but hopefully i can get more finished soon~~

Fanatic knight standard bearer ..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/GrailSD.jpg

July Stage 1 army shot
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobtonnia/Julystage1.jpg

Left to paint:

Gobotonnia lord on baby wyvern
5 Gobbo knights of the realm
10 Gobbo archers
2 Squigasus Knights
Fanatic Religuae
5 wolf riders
5 wolf riders
4 Fanatic Knights
Field Stone Thrower

Completed
2 Gobbo Damsels
1 Gobbo paladin
Gobbo BSB
8 Gobbo knights of the realm
20 Gobbos at arms
1 Squigasus knight
2 Fanatic knights

enjoy

azhagmorglum
09-07-2009, 12:10
very original army ! I really like it, very characterful. Keep up the good work (especially that baby wyvern)

RaZeR
09-07-2009, 13:39
So nice. Lovely army shot as well :)

Crube
09-07-2009, 16:28
Excellent, thanks Tensions - they look ace an an army. Really cohesive :)

Da Black Gobbo
09-07-2009, 16:30
Dude this is genious!! that's painting and converting!!! really cool i need to see more!

it's coming this way!
09-07-2009, 20:25
I have to say, in 5-6 years in this hobby, I've never come across a theme that made me smile this much. I love the sense of humor you bring to the army!

Keep it up!

Crazy Harborc
09-07-2009, 21:56
IMHO, the army and it's maker deserve to win and garner trophies galore.

tensions......if play as well as you create/convert and paint you WILL.

Um......MORE photos please:D

jason
10-07-2009, 02:41
Thank you for the army shot. B-E-A-utiful!

dwarfhold13
10-07-2009, 06:01
how can you not like this army? i like the army shot.. can't wait to see the awards you win for best army.
Jon

Kasrkin 666
10-07-2009, 08:34
I just went through all 12 pages of your plog and I must say, it is truly inspiring! Sounds lame when I saw it like that, but for the lomgest time I have been thinking if I should do a Fantasy Roman army, and I think I am going to:D!

-Sunny

tensions
11-07-2009, 05:34
just finished my second Squigasus

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/squigasus2.jpg

Left to paint:

10 Gobbo archers
1 Squigasus Knights
Fanatic Religuae
5 wolf riders
5 wolf riders
4 Fanatic Knights
Field Stone Thrower

Completed
2 Gobbo Damsels
1 Gobbo paladin
Gobbo BSB
20 Gobbos at arms
2 Squigasus knight
2 Fanatic knights

BrazenSix
11-07-2009, 06:45
Always a pleasure to see these new updates. You make me want to try harder and harder with my conversions. Great work. :)

Crube
11-07-2009, 18:38
Every time I see one of those guys it makes me grin from ear to ear - thanks for chering me up.

Awesome work... are you getting quicker at painting these guys or is it my imagination...?

Lt Dougheim
11-07-2009, 18:49
Wow! I cant get enough of this. Your work is truly an inspiration. Keep it up.:)

only joking...
11-07-2009, 21:30
Beautiful!

Kriegfreak
12-07-2009, 09:33
just finished my second Squigasus

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/squigasus2.jpg

Dude... freaking sweet.

tensions
13-07-2009, 04:13
@ Crube : haha.. I actually paint a bit more during the week now... that's why the update is faster..

anyway..
finished my third and final squigasus knight. the unit is now completed.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/squigasus3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/3squigasusknights1.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/Gobotonnia/3squigasusknights2.jpg

enjoy

Left to paint:

10 Gobbo archers
Fanatic Religuae
5 wolf riders
5 wolf riders
4 Fanatic Knights
Field Stone Thrower

Completed
2 Gobbo Damsels
1 Gobbo paladin
Gobbo BSB
20 Gobbos at arms
3 Squigasus knights
2 Fanatic knights

Lord Dan
13-07-2009, 04:23
The finished unit looks fantastic. For the bases are those just the 40K plastic ruins?

MF3000
13-07-2009, 06:00
They are so regal, and yet so gobbo-tastic. I love the Squigasus knight with his helmet almost completely falling off. He fits that pose so perfectly. I also love how the 'champion' has a piercing/leash on the squigasus rather than a leather patch to hold on to! Fantastic job!

sj

Gargobot
13-07-2009, 06:35
Fanatic knights are a great idea. And the Squigasuses are awesome. Way to go!

tancrede
13-07-2009, 10:56
Hilarious and very well executed !
Nice painting, bright colors and cool conversion : consider me subscribed !

bob_the_small
13-07-2009, 14:16
Awesome work, do they rank up properly?

Desert Rain
13-07-2009, 22:02
Once again hilarious and amazing work!

How is it going with the wyvern?

leeoaks
13-07-2009, 22:46
what can you say.....brave, brave sir gobbo...just brilliant!

RaZeR
13-07-2009, 23:17
Stunning as usual! Still really looking forward to the lord on wyvern, do him next! :p

dwarfhold13
13-07-2009, 23:55
man.. i have to pace myself on coming back to this thread.. every time i'm here i get jealous :mad:
i don't know if i've already said this, but this army gives me the same feeling that aaron chapman's monty python army did when i saw it at lonewolf.. it's just unbelievably clever and ultimately practical as well..
very well executed!